IGNORED

Totally lost my swing..

Note: This thread is 3388 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Good for you! I've been trying to lose my swing for ever, still no luck, I might be stuck with it...all I can do is keep working on it and hope for it to get better.

Maybe I'm just looking at it all wrong.....losing my swing actually may be the best thing that could have happened!

The several times I've gained and lost it this last year have given me the opportunity to break down my swing into manageable parts. I am finally getting a decent swing that I can somewhat say "I own". Not own in a big way, but enough for me to enjoy the game and be able to take long breaks from golf and not need to learn everything again from the start.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The several times I've gained and lost it this last year have given me the opportunity to break down my swing into manageable parts. I am finally getting a decent swing that I can somewhat say "I own". Not own in a big way, but enough for me to enjoy the game and be able to take long breaks from golf and not need to learn everything again from the start.

This was the 1st time for me. Obviously I've had bad rounds and streaks of bad play but I had never experienced a period of months where I simply could not hit the ball hard. It was distressing and baffling. I figured it was mostly in my head so a moratorium might do the trick. I'm no technician so breaking the swing down into parts and stuff was never an option for me. Something that did help me was the swing key "weight forward at impact." When I started swinging again last week, I took my stance with 60% of my weight on the left side and exaggerated it. Somehow that got me on the right track. So, I owe some of my recovery to TST. Now, just gotta get back the scoring touch, which I expect to be easy by comparison. Been a strange trip...

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3388 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!