IGNORED

My swing (Huddo)

Huddo
Note: This thread is 3409 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Thanks @mvmac, really encouraging when you and others confirm things I'm working on are correct. I appreciate the time and effort you guys give and I will be signing up as a supporter at the end of the week......this site is awesome!

@Huddo , if you're on mobile, or using the BB editor, read this: http://thesandtrap.com/t/70451/mentions-now-available-on-the-sand-trap-com for the @mention stuff to work on mobile or with the BB editor. Basically, use the [@] construct.

A great fix for the "over the top" move or "casting" is to put a headcover under your right armpit and hit little shots without it falling out.

Isn't it possible to just orient the torso so far left that you can still keep the head cover in place and yet still swing well to the left?

P.s. Reverse pivot is usually a big contributor to over the top, practice loading your weight on to your Back foot and feel almost as if you are hanging back this will really help with driver and woods. Good luck!

Key #2 is weight or pressure forward, and it's absolutely a commonality of the game's best players, so please be cautious about suggesting you "feel as if you're hanging back."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No prizes awarded but for a bit of fun, do you think I can break 120 on Friday? Course - Welton Manor Golf Club (sounds grander than what it is)              - Only 5464 yards.........long enough for me when I only dare hit irons! My history - chequered to say the least.  Not played a proper round in years and my swing is agricultural! For the record, my vote would be that I'm going to rip the course up and shoot..............122! Skins awarded for correct/closest score prediction....if that's ok with the management? Thanks

Matt

• Administrator

No prizes awarded but for a bit of fun, do you think I can break 120 on Friday?

Yes. I do.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

No prizes awarded but for a bit of fun, do you think I can break 120 on Friday?

Course - Welton Manor Golf Club (sounds grander than what it is)

- Only 5464 yards.........long enough for me when I only dare hit irons!

My history - chequered to say the least.  Not played a proper round in years and my swing is agricultural!

For the record, my vote would be that I'm going to rip the course up and shoot..............122!

Skins awarded for correct/closest score prediction....if that's ok with the management?

Thanks

My guess would be 100, maybe better? I have confidence in you. :beer:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Ninety bloody six!!!!!!!!!! What a morning.....I'm knackered but well chuffed. Did not lose a ball and have never enjoyed a round so much. I will post the score details later. Thanks everyone!

Matt

Ninety bloody six!!!!!!!!!! What a morning.....I'm knackered but well chuffed. Did not lose a ball and have never enjoyed a round so much. I will post the score details later. Thanks everyone!

Knew you could do it! Congrats!

• Upvote 1

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Knew you could do it! Congrats!

Thanks @Lihu really appreciate all the support and help you guys give and it made the difference for me today! I've got something to build on now.

Matt

Here are the stats for my 96.......it is a short course though, so I'm not getting carried away!

WHITE 264 116 371 274 492 541 382 296 323 3059 295 314 347 454 130 345 136 275 109 2405 5464
Handicap 11 17 3 15 7 1 5 9 13 10 8 4 2 18 6 14 12 16
Par 4 3 4 4 5 5 4 4 4 37 4 4 4 4 3 4 3 4 3 33 70
Score 5 3 5 5 8 6 6 6 6 50 7 7 5 6 4 6 4 4 3 46

Putts 3 2 2 2 1 2 2 2 3 19 2 2 1 2 3 3 3 1 2 19 2.1/38

I found it quite difficult to get the speed of the greens so that is an area I also need to devote some practice time on.  Overall I feel that I've got a good base to work from now.  I will be back on the course on Sunday to try and maintain the progress, then it's back to the range for more of the same "change da picture" and evolvr work.  Cheers folks

Matt

Well, my second round was not as good in terms of scoring.............carded 100, but there were some real positives for me overall.  The first 4 and last 5 holes totalled 37 so I know that there is an average golfer in there if I keep working on my swing and eventually start work with my woods and hybrids.  I had a really tough time from the par 5's onwards, and it's my lack of distance which is holding me back.  Also, I was 5 down with 5 to play and managed to beat my friend which was a bonus!  Anyway, back to the range and hopefully a round at the end of the week.

Par 4 3 4 4 5 5 4 4 4 37 4 4 4 4 3 4 3 4 3 33 70
Score 5 3 5 5 10 8 5 9 7 57 6 5 7 6 4 4 3 5 3 43 100

Putts 3 2 2 3 2 1 1 3 2 19 3 2 2 1 3 1 1 3 2 18 2.1/37

Matt

Here are the latest videos I sent through to Stephan at evolvr.  As you can see, the picture has not really changed due to me not getting to the range as much during the last 2 weeks.  I expect my priority area to be that I need to rotate my left wrist clockwise more in the backswing.  My wrist is really cupped on the video, hence the open clubface, which can't be helping my OTT move.

The horrible sounding cough on the audio is not me........but an old chap hacking away behind me...........put me right off!

Matt

• Administrator

Backswing looking good. Gonna start working on Key #2 now I think.

Backswing looking good. Gonna start working on Key #2 now I think.

Thanks @iacas my swing is slowly starting to resemble something more Golf like!

Matt

My most recent evolvr analysis is to tilt my head in line with my spine at address and to work on reducing my cupped left wrist during the backswing.............I will probably try the motorbike drill to facilitate the move.  I will hopefully get to the range over the next few days if the bloody wind dies down and post some practice videos. I wish there was an indoor range to use during inclement weather.....

Matt

I'm working on getting my left wrist less cupped at the top of the backswing but it's proving really difficult. My grip is neutral and I have a slight cup at address. Is it just a case of persevering and it will eventually happen? Stephan has got me to use a folder to practice the feeling of keeping the left arm in contact throughout the backswing. The problem seems to be that my left wrist naturally wants to dorsiflex. Any advice gratefully received, thanks.

Matt

Note: This thread is 3409 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!