IGNORED

Golfers Are Consistent - A Golfer's Good and Bad Swings Look the Same and Are Repeatable

iacas
Note: This thread is 1991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• 1 month later...

A question for Iacas and other instructors:

Do you think that there are players who are better students WITHOUT video analysis because their swings are so unlike what they think they are like that they are demoralised and embarrassed or simply can't stand the sight of their own swing? Obviously, the video lets them see reality, but I am sure that some would feel better without it. And... could you do your job without it?

Edited by Shorty

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

• Administrator
On 3/29/2018 at 11:33 PM, Shorty said:

Do you think that there are players who are better students WITHOUT video analysis because their swings are so unlike what they think they are like that they are demoralised and embarrassed or simply can't stand the sight of their own swing?

Maybe. But then couldn't that just be an education issue - on educating them how feel ain't real, how many parts of their swings work quite well as it is, etc.?

I mean, just because their swing ain't pretty (or whatever), they still hit it as well as they do.

Almost every student sees things in their swings that they don't like when I put them on video the first time. Pretty common.

On 3/29/2018 at 11:33 PM, Shorty said:

Obviously, the video lets them see reality, but I am sure that some would feel better without it. And... could you do your job without it?

Could I? For some. For many, really, because most golfers have bigger problems that high-speed cameras aren't needed to see.

But I couldn't do my job as well as I do it, because… the camera is, most of the time, for the students. It shows them how they're making changes. It shows them what something feels like and how it looks. It shows them a lot of things.

The camera is for them more than it is for me, pretty often.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, iacas said:

It shows them what something feels like and how it looks. It shows them a lot of things.

The camera is for them more than it is for me, pretty often.

I suppose, for example,  it would be an eye opener for some players who in answer to the question of where they think they are at the top of their swing and say "parallel" are then shown that what they think is parallel is in actual fact a 3/4 swing. Or less! MAny students may like to see freeze frames or snippets rather thanthe whole mess. :-) 

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Shorty said:

I suppose, for example,  it would be an eye opener for some players who in answer to the question of where they think they are at the top of their swing and say "parallel" are then shown that what they think is parallel is in actual fact a 3/4 swing. Or less! MAny students may like to see freeze frames or snippets rather thanthe whole mess. :-) 

Yes.

Nobody swings as short as I ask, or as slow as I ask.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

55 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yes.

Nobody swings as short as I ask, or as slow as I ask.

Except me :-P

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• 7 months later...

These shots from the other day made me think of this thread.

One was solid, the other was a worm burner. Can you tell which one is which?

Camera angles are slightly difference, one on the right is a touch behind me.

P5.jpgP5.5.jpg

P6.jpg

P7.jpg

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• iacas changed the title to Golfers Are Consistent - A Golfer's Good and Bad Swings Look the Same and Are Repeatable
Note: This thread is 1991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!