IGNORED

Effects of low value Euro on Ireland golf

Note: This thread is 2756 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Now the US dollar about equal to value of Euro, so $100 about 94 Euros.  A few years ago the same $100 would only bring 75 Euros.   Many travel writers suggest now is the time to visit Europe if on any kind of budget.

If this situation continues does anyone in the Irish golf industry think golf courses there will adjust rates, mostly higher, as the year progresses coz Ireland uses the Euro as common currency?

This might be my year to visit, and hack my way around the Lahinch, Enniscrone, and Rosses Point.  All these near ancestral home territory.

I'm playing Ballybunion in June and its too bad the dollar wasn't where it's at now when I booked lol. I'm actually thinking of exchanging some Dollars for Euros now because the exchange rate is so close.
my get up and go musta got up and went..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2756 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
    • Day 71 (10/3/22): A long session with impact pre-set swings. Still struggling to get into the position from a normal address. I was doing fairly well for a while, then went backwards. I can get in the correct positions in the lower body, but often my shoulders are still too level and I get poor contact. Tonight I worked on letting my right shoulder work down and under more, and not so level and across. This fixed contact dramatically, and it looked correct on video, but this was in very short swings at low speed. 
    • Day 208.  I am not sure what possessed me to just do backswing work and not actually hit a ball today.  I had a few minutes and just worked on the tilt drill, checking shoulders and tail at the top of the backswing.  There was a ball I set up to, and I was on the golf mat, but I didn't actually hit one today. 
    • Great thread here. The subject of quitting hits close to home for me. I’m 63 and my game has been up and down over the last 10 years. I have played most of my golf over the last 10 years at the beach (Md) where I had to meet people to play. I was lucky and found a group that needed a 4th person. As the years went on they added a 2nd 4 some and we swapped who we played with. Then a 3rd 4some and now we had many different personalities and talent levels. One of the newer guys was a 1 hdcp from the blues while everyone else was 8-14 from whites.  This changed our group and playing wasn’t as much fun for many of the group including myself. I retired this year and joined a club here in my home state (Pa). The differences from the flat courses at beach to the hills and uneven ground here in Pa was a game changer. My hdcp fell almost 4 strokes from where it was. Depressing. I tried everything from clubs, lessons and practice. At my age it’s very difficult to make change. I’m struggling to break 90. My swing seems to change halfway thru every round. There’s no consistency at all. Makes me want to quit so often.  Why don’t I? Because I know I’m better then I play. I enjoy just seeing the green grass at the course. I love the challenge. The guys I join up with are super nice people. The exercise from walking is good for me.    Again, great topic. Stick with it. This game is frustrating but good for you  Rod
    • The hole-in-one with this perspective. My best round for the last five years was an even par 71 where I choked on the 18th hole to blow breaking par. Five weeks ago I finally broke par with- you guessed it- a 68. Would I trade that 68 for a hole-in-one - no. But now that I have it, I want a hole-in-one.  The other thing I would say is this- how many times has someone asked you if you ever had a hole-in-one versus how times have you been asked, “what’s your best score ever?”
    • Haven't seen your swing, so this may or may not be your issue. But this video might be applicable. TLDR: get in the slot and close the face, either bowing the front wrist or cupping the back or both. If you're shallowing and swinging square or in to out and but not getting the face closed you'll hit block fades or block slices. If you're hitting slices that start on target then go right then you're swinging significantly out to in. Which means, more or less, you're not getting in the slot even if you're shallowing the club. Nothing prevents you from rotating the shoulders from the top and getting outside the ball with a shallow club, though it's less common than doing it with a steep one.    
  • Today's Birthdays

1. djake
      djake
      (60 years old)
    2. Golfer Geek
      Golfer Geek
      (53 years old)
    3. Jbrook
      Jbrook
      (34 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...