IGNORED

Most dominant company in golf right now?

PBCgolfer
Note: This thread is 5992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

for those that think Titleist is out of the game must check this out from the Titleist site
http://www.titleist.com/leaderboard/...ent_counts.asp

still the best no matter what that is why a huge majority still play some kind of equp by Titleist

Titleist 905R 10.5* w/ Avix Tour Red 69(X)
Titleist 906F4 13.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto 80(S)
Titleist 585H 17 deg w/ S300
Titleist 690.mb w/ S300
Vokey SM 56 degVokey SM 60 degSCOTTY CAMERON STUDIO STAINLESS NEWPORT 2

I think it all depends on what you consider dominating golf to be. If you look at the Tour, the single most used name is Titleist. It is first in balls by a huge margin and near the top in wedges, irons, drivers and putters. It is far and away the leader in the upper levels of the amateur ranks as well. It is not as common with the weekend golfers, but that is largely because many people think you have to be a scratch golfer to use their stuff.

Great post by MBENZ. Taylor Made may have more staffers, but players who are not paid to play Titleist still do. I have heard that Titleist tends to pay their guys less than the other big names.

It would be interesting to see if you asked the PGA Tour players, and they could remain anamous, if they could only play one company's clubs and money was not the issue what would it be. I would bet it would be Titleist.

I tend to notice Titleist and Nike. I am not necessarily looking for them, but those two always catch my eye. It's likely because I play Titleist and I have a Nike tattoo and have always been a Nike slappy. I tend to notice Nike players more than anything.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

You guys aren't comparing apples to apples. Nike is a company, Titleist is a brand.

Acushnet, which owns Titleist, Cobra, FootJoy, etc. is by far the most dominant company in golf. Their brands compete against entire companies nicely, but when you aggregate it under the Acushnet company's umbrella, its a no-brainer, I think.

Heaven is 630 a.m. Saturday morning, 65 crisp degrees headed toward a comfortable 80, first tee (elevated, of course) . . . and not another worry in the world.

Driver: r7 quad/10.5 degree, stiff shaft
3W: Steelhead III, stiff shaft
7W: r5, stiff shaftIrons (2-SW): ISI K/Black dot, stiff shaft,...

You guys aren't comparing apples to apples. Nike is a company, Titleist is a brand.

Great point. I think that gets lost in the big picture. Even if you just throw in Foot Joy, it's a blow out. The stats the are on the Titleist website are staggering. When you look at usage they are number 1 or 2 each week on Tour for drivers, putters, wedges and Irons. The worst week they had was a 4th place in woods/hybrids. If you look at the other elite levels it's not even close.

Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I am not sure there is one company that you could call the Toyota of golf.

Toyota??? It is pretty hard to determine who the #2 golf equipment company would be :)

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

Hi everyone,

I think titleist is the biggest. I got a titleist putter footjoy shoes a cobra driver and now started using good titleist balls.(Now im more consistent at keeping them)

My wedges and irons are ping. here in the south east uk i see ping in alll the good pro shops along side taylormade and callaway it seems the norm to have them brands, then normally you get ya nikes, mizunos, and perhaps wilsons .... Over here for clubs i would say ping is over nike but yeah nike do kick it with the apparel and balls so guess their up there as a whole pa ckage

Driver
3wood
Hybrid
Irons
Wedge Putter Ball

If you look at their entire product line, almost everything they make is played by a pro--the lone exception is their 775 irons.

That is not true, Steve Stricker uses 755's, along with Aaron Oberholser, Mikko Ilonen, Troy Matteson, Tom Pernice Jr., Bill Haas, Nicholas Tompson, and Jay Haas. I know that some of these names aren't big names, bu they are still pro's who play golf for a living. I mean look t what Steve Stricker did in the FedEx Cup Playoffs.

Source: Titleist What The Pro's Play

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

That is not true, Steve Stricker uses 755's, along with Aaron Oberholser, Mikko Ilonen, Troy Matteson, Tom Pernice Jr., Bill Haas, Nicholas Tompson, and Jay Haas. I know that some of these names aren't big names, bu they are still pro's who play golf for a living. I mean look t what Steve Stricker did in the FedEx Cup Playoffs.

The previous poster cited 775s not 755s, which you reference. You may have meant 775s, but as you wrote it, you haven't disputed the claim.

Heaven is 630 a.m. Saturday morning, 65 crisp degrees headed toward a comfortable 80, first tee (elevated, of course) . . . and not another worry in the world.

Driver: r7 quad/10.5 degree, stiff shaft
3W: Steelhead III, stiff shaft
7W: r5, stiff shaftIrons (2-SW): ISI K/Black dot, stiff shaft,...

• Administrator
The previous poster cited 775s not 755s, which you reference. You may have meant 775s, but as you wrote it, you haven't disputed the claim.

He misread. All the golfers listed play the 755s, not the 775s. The 775s replaced the 804.OS, I believe, which were far and away too clunky to be used by any self-respecting pro. The 775s are a big improvement, but still clubs for mid-handicappers, not players by any stretch.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He misread. All the golfers listed play the 755s, not the 775s. The 775s replaced the 804.OS, I believe, which were far and away too clunky to be used by any self-respecting pro. The 775s are a big improvement, but still clubs for mid-handicappers, not players by any stretch.

Uh oh. Don't say anything to Billy Mayfair. He plays the 804.OS

:titleist: :scotty_cameron:
915D3 / 712 AP2 / SC Mont 1.5

• Administrator

I did say "self-respecting" pro...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I did say "self-respecting" pro...

Mayfair was also listed in the Titleist brochure as using 775's. Of course that was probably for the sake of being able to say that a PGA Tour pro uses them. They wanted me to be in the brochure but we were too far apart on the asking price. They said $50,000 for me to do the spot, but I told them there is no way I would pay that much.

how can it not be Acushnet with ProV1's, Footjoys and the Vokey's? I would think Taylormade/Adidas would give them a run as well. Most others will be further behind when you factor in all products besides just clubs.

Driver: 9.5 905R 757 Speeder X stiff
3 Wood: 13.0 Sonartec GS Tour Red Ice 70X
Hybrid: 17.0 Sonartec MD Stiff UST IROD
Irons: 690cb 4-PW w/Rifle 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland 900 Series Gunmetal 50, 54, 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 370g head

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Well, in the club golf ranks, I would have to vote for callaway, and mainly there big bertha range of clubs. I see so many of their drivers at my home course. On the Pro tours, titleist dominates in Hybrids, Irons, Wedges and putters but taylormade has their woods worked out!
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

No question... Taylor Made by farrrrrrr. Sponsor most staffers, huge internationally (Japan/Europe), Other brand staffers (Titleist) sometimes use Taylor Made woods, irons are unbelieveable, and since they teamed up with adidas and came out with balls, definately, to answer your question, TAYLOR MADE

I would definetely agree with that, TM has people on other tour staffs playing their drivers. You look at their staff and its huge but they dont have a lot of big name superstars aside from Goosen, Weir, and Garcia. Its the most dominant company worldwide for sure. I read an article in in golf digest which explained what type of equipment is used most by pga tour pros.

It went something like this. Drivers- Taylormade - by far woods- TM and Callaway hybrids- dont remember Irons- Titleist, cleveland wedge's - Titleist putters - Titleist/odyssey balls - Titleist This was last year and things have obviously changed, TM is gaining more recognition in the iron department with their R7/R7 TP line. Cobra's staff seems to be gaining more players. One thing you'll notice if you do bag checks often you'll see tour pros playing old ping irons, mizuno or old clevelands or titleist on another staff.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

From what I have read it seems like that the most common clubs on the local golf course and in the Local golf shop differs from area to area. When all of the new clubs came out early in 2007 member at golfwrx in certain states and areas were claiming that they have seen a ton of new nike drivers and no new callaway drivers, and other members have said they have seen a ton of callaway drivers and no nikes. On tour titleist dominates the ball market and sponsor a lot of pros but no big names. Taylormade seems to have a lot of big and little names, and callaway seems to sponsor only big names.

10* Callaway FT-i w/ fujikura speeder 586 reg
15* Sonartec NP-99 w/ aldila nv 65 stiff
19* Sonartec NP-99 w/ aldila nv 65 stiff
4-pw Mizuno MP-60 w/ TTDG R300
52* Callaway X tour w/ TTDG R30058* Callaway X tour w/ TTDG R300

Note: This thread is 5992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!