IGNORED

My Swing (kkennedy1122)

kkennedy1122
Note: This thread is 3406 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Also, when I focus on keeping the right leg straighter, sometimes I feel like it actually locks up and puts my hips in a strange feeling position. The right knee should never lock on the backswing, should it?

And finally, when do you recommend shifting weight to the front foot? The second the backswing is complete? Or after the swing has already begun?

Correct the right knee never loses all it's flex, just gradually lessens throughout the backswing.

And finally, when do you recommend shifting weight to the front foot? The second the backswing is complete? Or after the swing has already begun?

It looks like you do a decent job of getting the weight forward so I wouldn't worry about it for now. I'd keep working on the pivot feels and add the feel of the upper right arm staying more "in front" of your shirt seam. Don't let the right arm pull behind you. Will help sync the arms with the pivot so they don't get so far behind you (right pic).

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

[video]http://youtu.be/OhLxzIZjh4k[/video] [video]http://youtu.be/Dn_zil4Euj8[/video] Ok so here are a couple videos i had someone take today. They are slow mo on my phone, but didn't upload that way. Tried to get the angles right, but he should have been closer to me. Anyway, it seems like in my effort to keep my right elbow from pulling back as you pointed out, I lifted it way too high instead. It seems to me that I have a problem with overswinging. Not in terms of power, but it just looks like I take the club too far back and remove any room for error by a lagging backswing. I have always struggled with this. Is there any inprovement here? The results weren't terrible, but the ball flight was very very high and short. Thanks again for any and all input! Appreciate it

@kkennedy1122 please embed your videos. If you are on the mobile version of our website, just insert the youtube URL between this command code:

[video][/video]

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3406 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!