IGNORED

how far is your long game?

Note: This thread is 5904 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. where are you after the 2nd stroke?

• on the green
    • a chip away (5-20 yards from green)
    • almost there (21-50 yards from green)
    • kind of close (51-80 yards from green)
    • i can clearly see the pin (81-120 yards from green)
    • pw,9 or 8 hmmmm (121-145)
    • is that the flag or a tree? (146-more yards from green)

Only about a 25% more people say they would be a wedge or more away than would be on the green.

What nonsense. Is there a fish story thread on here somewhere?

Cleveland Launcher Comp, 9.5* stiff
TaylorMade V-Steel, T/S stiff
Cleveland Halo, 19* stiff
Mizuno MP-32, stiff
Cleveland 588 Gunmetal, 51*Cleveland 588 DSG RTG, 56*Scotty Cameron Newport II

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only about a 25% more people say they would be a wedge or more away than would be on the green.

Well, like I'd said before...these guys are mostly counting perfect shots, which means when they swing out of their shoes and make good contact that one time out of a hundred. Then they take those yardages and combine them to see how far they'd hit the ball.

Here's the million dollar question to everyone out there, though: How many par fives have you all gotten home in two on this year? I know I've got the length to reach almost any par five in two, but I can count on my fingers how many times I actually was putting for eagle this year (the only eagle'd par 5 for me this year was a chip-in. I've eagled a par four twice, but that's it.)
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Well, like I'd said before...these guys are mostly counting perfect shots, which means when they swing out of their shoes and make good contact that one time out of a hundred. Then they take those yardages and combine them to see how far they'd hit the ball.

I respectfully disagree. That seems to be the prevailing opinion around here, yet, I bet if we checked ShotLink PGA Tour stats for this year, less players on Tour probably got home this year as a percentage than is being claimed here.

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't believe 90% of people on here and how long they claim they are... well, yeah, actually, that's exactly what I'm saying.

Mizuno MP-32, stiff

I respectfully disagree. That seems to be the prevailing opinion around here, yet, I bet if we checked ShotLink PGA Tour stats for this year, less players on Tour probably got home this year as a percentage than is being claimed here.

I'm not sure I get what you're trying to say here. I'm asking how many times everyone else has actually driven a par five in two shots, regardless of what they claim. A "claim", I figure to mean two perfect shots for 90 percent of people.

What I said is I can , I just don't very often because my shots are far from perfect.

2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I got a witness on this board that has seen me double-eagle a 500 yard par five within this year. Another witness was a PGA professional.

That was my second albatross. The irony? I usually don't go for par fives in two. The risk-reward ain't worth it (with the game I got).

I've played 79 rounds in 2007.Spent last hour getting ball park figure of how many par fives I played.Figure the number is around 160. Taking into account that I am too conservative a person,taking few chances,(boring,I know),unless the reward was great and the hole downwind....hmmm I'll say 25 eagle putts.My memory is not what it once was so I don't remember how many I made,but I can tell you it wasn't a lot.by the way... good thread

I'm not sure I get what you're trying to say here.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't believe 97% of the people who claim they can. Put it that way.

Mizuno MP-32, stiff

I got a witness on this board that has seen me double-eagle a 500 yard par five within this year.

I saw that shot, hybrid from about 205 if I remember correctly.

Mizuno MP-32, stiff

I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't believe 97% of the people who claim they can. Put it that way.

Ah, yes. Well, I think that's where we'd disagree. I think most of us

can but the key word is how often we actually pull it off.

if i hit a good drive then a solid hybrid shot would be able to get within 40 yards
In the Bag:

Driver 10.5 r7 460 ti Reax regular shaft
3 Wood 15.5 LD F Speed Aldila NV stiff shaft
Hybrids 19 Tour Burner Rescue Reax stiff shaft. 21 degree torch series saber shaftIrons Sliver Scot 4-pw Rifle 5.0 shaftsSand Wedge 56 Degree Cg10 Black pearl finish 2 dotLob Wedge 60...

2 perfect shots, driver 280 and 3 wood 250, would still put me 10 yards short of the green. I have a hard time believing all the 15 + handicappers getting there in 2.
Drive for show, putt for dough

PutterKarsten Anser2
WedgesX-Forged 52* 58*IronsX-20 tours P-3HybridX 21 stiff4-wood R9 17 mitsubishi rayon fubuki StiffDriver R9 11.5 mitsubishi rayon fubuki Stiff

I got a witness on this board that has seen me double-eagle a 500 yard par five within this year. Another witness was a PGA professional.

I heard of a fellow who is 73 years old and has 25 aces.He also doesn't believe in risk-reward.That's why he only has 25 not 137 aces

I heard of a fellow who is 73 years old and has 25 aces.He also doesn't believe in risk-reward.That's why he only has 25 not 137 aces

Jackie Gagne, pot, kettle on line three.

Why isn't there a choice for in the hole ?

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

Ah, yes. Well, I think that's where we'd disagree. I think most of us

A) No. B) if two perfect shots back-to-back will get you there and that happens once every, say, 50 times you play a par 5, is it intellectually honest to say you can do it?

I play a lot of golf and I play with some very good golfers, low single-digits to plus handicaps, and putts for eagle are rare. To say that as many people can get there then would be a wedge away after two good shots (as this poll would suggest) is borderline ridiculous.

Mizuno MP-32, stiff

Note: This thread is 5904 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!