IGNORED

Anybody play Ping S58 irons?

Note: This thread is 6060 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Who all plays Ping's S58 irons? Do you like them? Why or why not? How do they compare to a "players" iron? I bet its a long shot, but looking for a comparison between the S58 irons and Mizuno MP60 irons. Im looking for more information on these irons and didn't find much by using the search.

I was refunded my money for the MP60's I have (had) because of numerous problems with them, quality wise. I wouldn't mind picking up another set...but I think this is a sign. They were great irons, but after switching from Ping i5's to MP60's, I completely neglected Pings side of a player's iron. I love Ping as a company and their service is unmatched in my opinion, so it would be nice to stick with them if I could.

Just wondering if anybody has any previous experience or if i should just stick with getting another set of MP60's.

In The Bag:

Driver: R7 SuperQuad 460 9.5
3 Wood: G5 w/ Graffaloy Pro Launch Stiff
3-PW: MP60's Wedges: Black Pearl 52, 56, 60Putter: White Hot #4Ball: Pro V1

I've hit both and they are both pretty nice. I personally prefer the Mizunos, but I'm starting to come around on Ping products in general. For whatever reason almost all Ping stuff just looked weird to me originally. I've been giving them more of a chance recently and really like the i10's. The S58 to me doesn't have the same kind of feel as the Mizunos, not as soft I guess. I'm a big fan of the MP-57 and the MP-60. If I was going to play Ping, I'd get the i10's but the S58's are also nice, I just need a little more help than they provide. Really you just have to hit them all side by side and compare how they work for you. Of the 2 Mizunos and the Ping, I get the best overall performance from the MP57's with the S58's coming in a close second. The feel of the Ping is definitely different though, not a bad feel, just not as soft. Obviously I'm not good enough at this point to play any of those clubs out on the course, but they are all solid performers.

New Driver Ordered
New 3 Wood Ordered
Two New Hybrids Ordered
I-701 Irons 5-PW w/ Rifle 5.0
Callaway X-Forged Vintage Wedges 50/12, 54/14, 58/10 (C-Grind Sole) w/ Rifle 5.5Yes! Marilyn 33" Z-URS ||| SkyCaddie SG 2.5 ||| Clicgear Model 2.0

Note: This thread is 6060 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!