IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 2975 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJH999

I don't think anybody in the United States has any support for Fiorina...

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkim291968

I work in Silicon Valley where you will hardly find any support for Fiorina.  Everyone knows what she did with HP and that was not pretty.  She is much more eloquent but I see her as a female version of Trump, both are narcissistic to a fault IMO.

Well, Carly ain't lookin to win Cali. Her appeal is that she's not a politician and she is crushing Hillary (or the opposition), which our candidates have been too scared to do the past few elections. I don't see her getting the nomination but I could see her as a VP choice.

I think she removed herself from Trump's ticket yesterday.    BTW, we all know that no Republicans going to win at California.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Given your lean towards the left I wouldn't expect you to understand business and unions.  Many that have your position like to talk the talk but don't like to pay the money for what they claim to believe in.  If HP used local labor the cost of their products would be higher than the competition.  How many people are willing to and can afford to pay 15% - 25% more to have a product "Made in the USA"?

This isn't 1960, we're in a global economy and HP must compete with Epson, Canon, Kodak, Ricoh, etc.  We've lost our edge in manufacturing, "Made in the USA" doesn't carry any weight except to isolationists and some union flag waving fanatics.   HP outsourced manufacturing and gets to sell their products into China, if they manufacture exclusively in the USA they may lose that right.  If HP costs increase 15% - 25% and their revenue and profits drop what do you think will happen to their stock value?

Until the unions realize that labor is a global market and that they have to ensure their members wages are competitive against other countries, jobs will continue to be outsourced as it's the most fiscally responsible way for a business to make money for their shareholders (which is who they answer to, not the government).

You're right.

I only have a management degree, an MBA, was a CPA and a CFO.

I know nothing about business. :-$

Gheez.

One can use their imagination and creativity to build jobs in the USA. You may allocate between USA and foreign jobs based on the product and market. You may have to negotiate with unions and make them your partners instead of the opposition.

The stock market is also the issue -- shareholders are looking at the short term price and management is sucked into short term decisions. One needs a long terms strategy, explain it to the market, have as many as possible buy-in to the plan and go forward.

All we have seen over the last 30 years is job cutting -- that's easy, takes no imagination, and guess what, it does not increase quality. Who in Texas wants to talk with a CS in India?

That is the problem with the GOP and business -- most lack imagination and solutions. They only hack away at others who are seeking solutions. The GOP is the primary problem. They need to help lead instead of what they are doing now.

I don't see it happening, and they keep on putting up Prez candidates that will lose. Once they put up a center right who doesn't have to pander to the right wing, they will win. Until then, it's sour grapes.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

@Mr. Desmond , I wouldn't go as far as to say GOP is the primary problem.   It takes two to tango (or fight).  There has been lack of leadership on both sides to bring the two parties together.   Pivoting this thread back on Trump ... he certainly lacks the leadership to bring the two parties together.  Heck, I don't think he can even lead Hispanics, women groups at this point.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

@Mr. Desmond, I wouldn't go as far as to say GOP is the primary problem.   It takes two to tango (or fight).  There has been lack of leadership on both sides to bring the two parties together.   Pivoting this thread back on Trump ... he certainly lacks the leadership to bring the two parties together.  Heck, I don't think he can even lead Hispanics, women groups at this point.

Yes, thanks, that is why I used the word "primary."

We can rehash the "hate" campaign of the last 7 years, the gerrymandering, the obstacles to the ballot .... but it's all out there so no need.

I've seen Dems and the media bash Obama for not being sufficiently liberal. I have faulted Obama's lack of backslapping and putting people together for his inability to lead a majority.

And to pivot to Trump or most of the GOP candidates, i don't see them as having the imagination or the ability to lead.

We've forgotten diplomacy. It's as if it is a bad word, but it is how we go slowly forward, by negotiation. I don't see Trump as having the patience besides many other attributes.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkim291968

@Mr. Desmond, I wouldn't go as far as to say GOP is the primary problem.   It takes two to tango (or fight).  There has been lack of leadership on both sides to bring the two parties together.   Pivoting this thread back on Trump ... he certainly lacks the leadership to bring the two parties together.  Heck, I don't think he can even lead Hispanics, women groups at this point.

Yes, thanks, that is why I used the word "primary."

We can rehash the "hate" campaign of the last 7 years, the gerrymandering, the obstacles to the ballot .... but it's all out there so no need.

I've seen Dems and the media bash Obama for not being sufficiently liberal. I have faulted Obama's lack of backslapping and putting people together for his inability to lead a majority.

And to pivot to Trump or most of the GOP candidates, i don't see them as having the imagination or the ability to lead.

We've forgotten diplomacy. It's as if it is a bad word, but it is how we go slowly forward, by negotiation. I don't see Trump as having the patience besides many other attributes.

I solely blame Fox Channel for all of the above ... :-) .   Warren Buffet should buy it out and turn it into a soap opera channel.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

You're right.

I only have a management degree, an MBA, was a CPA and a CFO.

I know nothing about business.

Gheez.

One can use their imagination and creativity to build jobs in the USA. You may allocate between USA and foreign jobs based on the product and market. You may have to negotiate with unions and make them your partners instead of the opposition.

The stock market is also the issue -- shareholders are looking at the short term price and management is sucked into short term decisions. One needs a long terms strategy, explain it to the market, have as many as possible buy-in to the plan and go forward.

All we have seen over the last 30 years is job cutting -- that's easy, takes no imagination, and guess what, it does not increase quality. Who in Texas wants to talk with a CS in India?

That is the problem with the GOP and business -- most lack imagination and solutions. They only hack away at others who are seeking solutions. The GOP is the primary problem. They need to help lead instead of what they are doing now.

I don't see it happening, and they keep on putting up Prez candidates that will lose. Once they put up a center right who doesn't have to pander to the right wing, they will win. Until then, it's sour grapes.

If you have all those degrees then why not give realistic solutions rather than the same liberal rhetoric.  Unions need to want to be partners with business, as it stands today they have positioned themselves as adversaries because that's how they convince workers to pay their ridiculous dues.  Until unions are willing to come to the table asking for less for long term viability nothing is going to change. Just look at what happened at the Boeing plant in Washington because they refused to cooperate with the company.

So now you're going to change the way the world stock exchanges work to solve our union and labor problem in the US, good luck, make sure you tell them about all the degrees you have.   You can toss grenades at the GOP because you're biased but the reality is a person taking orders at McDonalds doesn't deserve $15 and it's the unions that are fighting for it.   The liberals and unions need to understand that you don't make a living wage for doing menial jobs like asking if you want fries with that.  You want to make better money get training and education.

Where are all the answers from the Dems?  I see nothing but pandering to the low income voters and doing nothing but making them more dependent on welfare and handouts like a heroin dealer does to his drug customers.  Keep handing them Obama phones and EBT cards and buy those votes meanwhile more and more people are living in poverty today than they were before Obama took office.

You are good at pointing fingers at the GOP but offer no solutions, so you're as guilty as the GOP of just spewing sour grapes.

Joe Paradiso

If you have all those degrees then why not give realistic solutions rather than the same liberal rhetoric.  Unions need to want to be partners with business, as it stands today they have positioned themselves as adversaries because that's how they convince workers to pay their ridiculous dues.  Until unions are willing to come to the table asking for less for long term viability nothing is going to change. Just look at what happened at the Boeing plant in Washington because they refused to cooperate with the company.

So now you're going to change the way the world stock exchanges work to solve our union and labor problem in the US, good luck, make sure you tell them about all the degrees you have.   You can toss grenades at the GOP because you're biased but the reality is a person taking orders at McDonalds doesn't deserve $15 and it's the unions that are fighting for it.   The liberals and unions need to understand that you don't make a living wage for doing menial jobs like asking if you want fries with that.  You want to make better money get training and education.

Where are all the answers from the Dems?  I see nothing but pandering to the low income voters and doing nothing but making them more dependent on welfare and handouts like a heroin dealer does to his drug customers.  Keep handing them Obama phones and EBT cards and buy those votes meanwhile more and more people are living in poverty today than they were before Obama took office.

You are good at pointing fingers at the GOP but offer no solutions, so you're as guilty as the GOP of just spewing sour grapes.

Right.... :-$

Trump is in here at the end.

And then add a couple of law degrees and you get someone who is trained to see both sides of the equation.

I negotiate every day and study negotiation and persuasion on a daily basis.

Since I am not running for office, I have neither the obligation nor the time to offer detailed solutions to our problems. I am busy giving solutions to those who pay me. This is a capitalistic system after all.

My solutions are not ! liberal based. It is about working together for profit.

The stock exchanges once were not all about the next quarter -- get real.

You are giving me pablum. Think. No need to get back to me.

Back to Trump. He is just a bombastic egomaniacal narcissist love child of the GOP whom they crated by saying "hey, it's okay to spew hate." Now the GOP will have to figuratively kill its child, Donald, to have a chance to win. Fox was doing all it could to bring down the Donald. Fox is almost an extension of the GOP. News? No, Fox is the news.

It's a crazy world. :-$

Right....

Trump is in here at the end.

And then add a couple of law degrees and you get someone who is trained to see both sides of the equation.

I negotiate every day and study negotiation and persuasion on a daily basis.

Since I am not running for office, I have neither the obligation nor the time to offer detailed solutions to our problems. I am busy giving solutions to those who pay me. This is a capitalistic system after all.

My solutions are not ! liberal based. It is about working together for profit.

The stock exchanges once were not all about the next quarter -- get real.

You are giving me pablum. Think. No need to get back to me.

Back to Trump. He is just a bombastic egomaniacal narcissist love child of the GOP whom they crated by saying "hey, it's okay to spew hate." Now the GOP will have to figuratively kill its child, Donald, to have a chance to win. Fox was doing all it could to bring down the Donald. Fox is almost an extension of the GOP. News? No, Fox is the news.

It's a crazy world.

Typical liberal response after attacking the republicans.  You're too busy to solve the problems, you just know the republicans don't have the right answers.  You're right, no need to discuss further.

The stock exchanges weren't based on a world market or impacted by foreign currency either, times change.

Who's talking Trump, I have not once suggested Trump was the answer here nor would he get my vote.  I was responding to your overall attack of the entire GOP and blanket statements that you offer no support for.  .

Joe Paradiso

Random thoughts:

Fox was pretty tough on Donald and others.   I am huge anti-fan of Fox but they did a good job yesterday.  I almost got the impression that Fox does not want to see Trump as the nominee.   The irony to me is that I consider Fox Channel as the Donald Trump of the media.

Yesterday's debate confirmed (at least for me) that Donald does not care about Rep party or what they believe in.  He again proved that he is nothing but a narcissistic egomaniac dude using Rep nomination process to become a POTUS.  If it doesn't work, he will go as an independent, thereby ruining any chance the Reps have at POTUS.   Is this really ok even for those 20% of Reps who are enamored with Trump?   World history is full of these guys ruining their country.    The good news for US is, the more Trump opens his mouth, the less chance he has at winning the general election.  And no one can stop him from talking.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Typical liberal response after attacking the republicans.  You're too busy to solve the problems, you just know the republicans don't have the right answers.  You're right, no need to discuss further.

The stock exchanges weren't based on a world market or impacted by foreign currency either, times change.

Who's talking Trump, I have not once suggested Trump was the answer here nor would he get my vote.  I was responding to your overall attack of the entire GOP and blanket statements that you offer no support for.  .

Sure... :-$ Liberal .. If liberal is open-minded for solutions that work for business and the public, then I am liberal. :-$

I was a Republican and helping candidates when I was 12, going door to door. I just got realistic when the Christian Coalition rolled into town in the late 90's nnd started spouting a social agenda instead of solutions that help the Country.

I look for solutions that work on a daily basis -- I help entrepreneurs and businesses make money. They don't always agree on my style because all they know is how to punch people in the face. I am more of a finesse type - try to get people to do the right thing --  a win-win. If that doesn't work, then it's because the other side is unrealistic, and the hammer falls.

Haven't heard any solutions from the GOP other than Donald saying "put up a wall."

Call me when they have solutions -- ACA, Immigration, Infrastructure, Tax Code Reform. I don't want to hear about not making wedding cakes for gay couples. C'mon, we've got real work to do.

They call it the Party of No for a reason, and a do nothing Congress for a reason ... they do nothing. :-$

Demand more from Donald and the rest of the dwarfs.

Rubio and Kasich are possibilities ... the rest will lose an election.

Hey, did you just offend little people among us? :-P

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Sure... Liberal .. If liberal is open-minded for solutions that work for business and the public, then I am liberal.

I was a Republican and helping candidates when I was 12, going door to door. I just got realistic when the Christian Coalition rolled into town in the late 90's nnd started spouting a social agenda instead of solutions that help the Country.

I look for solutions that work on a daily basis -- I help entrepreneurs and businesses make money. They don't always agree on my style because all they know is how to punch people in the face. I am more of a finesse type - try to get people to do the right thing --  a win-win. If that doesn't work, then it's because the other side is unrealistic, and the hammer falls.

Haven't heard any solutions from the GOP other than Donald saying "put up a wall."

Call me when they have solutions -- ACA, Immigration, Infrastructure, Tax Code Reform. I don't want to hear about not making wedding cakes for gay couples. C'mon, we've got real work to do.

They call it the Party of No for a reason, and a do nothing Congress for a reason ... they do nothing.

Rubio and Kasich are possibilities ... the rest will lose an election.

More generalities, no content.  What is the democrats solution to ACA - a bloated website that doesn't work and significantly increasing the health care costs while reducing the coverage of everyone that was paying previously?  Immigration - should all states just create sanctuary cities to house criminals and appoint illegal immigrants to town and state councils when they haven't paid a dime in taxes like they did in CA?  Tax Code Reform?  C'mon we both know that neither the left or right wants a flat tax or to eliminate loop holes to protect their constituents.  Outlaw guns so only the criminals have them?

I agree with you on one thing, religion has no place in politics and the religious right needs to accept that if they ever want to win.

In some cases the GOP votes down things because of politics but in other cases the things they voted no to were not in the best interest of the country.  Did you see the agreement with Iran?  There's a paragraph in there (36 I believe) that gives Iran an 35 day escape clause if they don't like how the US is holding them to the agreement.  So they sign this document get all the money from us and then they can walk away from the deal with all our money, yet Obama wants to tout what a great deal it is.  No thanks, I fully agree with those that vote no and it's not just the republicans.

Rubio has a shot, Kasich doesn't.  I prefer Carson at this point, he was clearly the smartest guy on stage last night.

Joe Paradiso

More generalities, no content.

Rubio has a shot, Kasich doesn't.  I prefer Carson at this point, he was clearly the smartest guy on stage last night.

This is a thread on Donald Trump.

Really, it's best to go elsewhere to discuss solutions to issues. I work during the day, so it's tough to write a policy paper in 5 minutes.

I think Trump will lose his luster as he continues on the big stage.

The tax system is full of socialistic and capitalist ideas and incentives.

It's not your money either -- you sent it to the government. Now what they decide to do with it and what benefits you receive is up to Congress.

Socialism? Believe it or not, the great Teddy Roosevelt was a progressive with socialistic tendencies, and he is graded out as a top 5 President.

Because Fox does things with news that should not be done.

I watch it occasionally to see the attempted brainwashing.

At least on MSNBC, ones knows it is all commentary all the time. And I rarely watch it.

You are incorrect - NYT does discuss Clinton's emails, and has hit Hillary hard with non-flattering articles.

Benghazi --- hacked to death, but you would not know it because Fox does not report facts. You know, some things are total FUBAR -- How about Bush being investigated for not knowing about 9/11?

How about Reagan and Iran-Contra? Impeachable offense but brushed under table.

Benghazi -- disorganized situation, Ambassador thought he was bullet-proof, loved to play video games, ignored his security people, miscommunication between CIA and State.

I know little about Fast and Furious.

But I just pointed out two BIG events that no one wanted to touch...

Focus on the big picture...

Our infrastructure, reform the Tax Code, technology advances, reform ACA, reform Immigration, organized security, etc.

Fox and MSNBC have us focused on little things - social issues, voter fraud that does not exist but new rules that have  basis in discrimination. Let's get over the small potatoes social issues by treating people equally, allow people to vote early and absentee with multiple voting places, and get to the meaty issues.

Look at the forest. We are a great country with small-minded pols.

Carly has a record of greatness:

Failed CEO Of Hewlett-Packard

As CEO of Hewlett-Packard, Carly Fiorina laid off 18,000 workers. When reflecting on her tenure, she admitted she wished she had "done them all faster."

Fiorina Fired At Least 18,000 HP Employees

Millionaire Fiorina Called the Outsourcing of American Jobs "Right Shoring." The San Francisco Chronicle reported, "Labor unions have battled 'offshoring,' which Fiorina calls 'right-shoring,' for decades, he said."  [San Francisco Chronicle, 1/9/04]

Fiorina Defended The Outsourcing Of American Jobs. Investors Business Daily reported, "During their presentation, Barrett and Fiorina had to defend the tech industry for its growing reliance on overseas tech workers. IBM, Intel, Hewlett-Packard and others have moved many jobs offshore, including customer service call center operators and even engineers." [Investors Business Daily, 1/8/04]

Fiorina Laid Off Nearly 18,000 HP Workers During "Restructuring." The Omaha-World Heraldreported, "Hewlett-Packard, based in Palo Alto, Calif., had a $ 903 million loss on revenue of $ 56.6 billion for its fiscal year that ended last Oct 31. According to a summary by Hoover's Inc., an Austin, Texas, provider of business information, Hewlett-Packard has undergone extensive restructuring under Chief Executive Officer Carly Fiorina. The company announced earlier this year that it planned to cut 17,900 people by October because of a weak economy and its merger with Compaq." [Omaha-World Herald, 9/29/03]

Fiorina Suggests Her Biggest Mistake Was Not Firing More People More Quickly. Fortune reported, "Fiorina does not agree, naturally, that there's been a brain drain (at HP). In fact, she believes that one lesson she's learned while running HP is that she should have moved more quickly in ejecting certain people. Smartened up now, she says, 'I would have done them all faster. Every person that I've asked to leave, whether it's been clear publicly or not, I would have done faster.'"  [Fortune, 2/7/05]

Fiorina: "There Is No Job That Is America's God-Given Right Anymore." The San Francisco Chronicle reported, "Fiorina's statement that 'there is no job that is America's God-given right anymore' triggered particularly strong reaction. The pair spoke in Washington representing the Computer Systems Policy Project, a group of eight chief executives from the nation's top information technology firms." [San Francisco Chronicle, 1/9/04]

Fiorina Comments On Offshoring Enraged Workers Groups. The San Francisco Chronicle reported, "Comments made in Washington on Tuesday by Carly Fiorina, CEO of Palo Alto information technology giant Hewlett-Packard, and Craig Barrett, chief executive of Santa Clara chipmaker Intel Corp., drew an unusually strong reaction from workers, who suggested the pair forfeit their own highly paid jobs to Chinese or Russian executives working for a quarter of their pay." [San Francisco Chronicle, 1/9/04]

Enraged Workers E-Mailed Chronicle To Complain About Fiorina's Insensitive Comments.According to the San Francisco Chronicle, "But with unemployment at 7.2 percent in Santa Clara County in November, the latest figure available, Fiorina's statement hit a sore spot.  'I am curious how Ms. Fiorina would feel about her job being outsourced to China or India,' Sean Ryan of Alameda, where the county unemployment rate is 6.1 percent, wrote in a representative e-mail to The Chronicle. 'I am certain that there are many extremely bright, ambitious and successful executive types in those countries who would be able to do her job just as well if not better than she can at a cost savings to HP shareholders of millions of dollars per year.'" [San Francisco Chronicle, 1/9/04]

Centerpiece Of Fiorina's Tenure Described As "Total Flop" And "Disastrous"

She makes Trump look good.

Because Fox does things with news that should not be done.

I watch it occasionally to see the attempted brainwashing.

At least on MSNBC, ones knows it is all commentary all the time. And I rarely watch it.

You are incorrect - NYT does discuss Clinton's emails, and has hit Hillary hard with non-flattering articles.

Benghazi --- hacked to death, but you would not know it because Fox does not report facts. You know, some things are total FUBAR -- How about Bush being investigated for not knowing about 9/11?

How about Reagan and Iran-Contra? Impeachable offense but brushed under table.

Benghazi -- disorganized situation, Ambassador thought he was bullet-proof, loved to play video games, ignored his security people, miscommunication between CIA and State.

I know little about Fast and Furious.

But I just pointed out two BIG events that no one wanted to touch...

Focus on the big picture...

Our infrastructure, reform the Tax Code, technology advances, reform ACA, reform Immigration, organized security, etc.

Fox and MSNBC have us focused on little things - social issues, voter fraud that does not exist but new rules that have  basis in discrimination. Let's get over the small potatoes social issues by treating people equally, allow people to vote early and absentee with multiple voting places, and get to the meaty issues.

Look at the forest. We are a great country with small-minded pols.

This is a thread on Donald Trump.

Really, it's best to go elsewhere to discuss solutions to issues. I work during the day, so it's tough to write a policy paper in 5 minutes.

I think Trump will lose his luster as he continues on the big stage.

Oh so now it's a thread on Donald Trump, you must have just figured that out a few minutes ago given your previous posts in this very thread.

Joe Paradiso

More generalities, no content.  What is the democrats solution to ACA - a bloated website that doesn't work and significantly increasing the health care costs while reducing the coverage of everyone that was paying previously?  Immigration - should all states just create sanctuary cities to house criminals and appoint illegal immigrants to town and state councils when they haven't paid a dime in taxes like they did in CA?  Tax Code Reform?  C'mon we both know that neither the left or right wants a flat tax or to eliminate loop holes to protect their constituents.  Outlaw guns so only the criminals have them?  I agree with you on one thing, religion has no place in politics and the religious right needs to accept that if they ever want to win. In some cases the GOP votes down things because of politics but in other cases the things they voted no to were not in the best interest of the country.  Did you see the agreement with Iran?  There's a paragraph in there (36 I believe) that gives Iran an 35 day escape clause if they don't like how the US is holding them to the agreement.  So they sign this document get all the money from us and then they can walk away from the deal with all our money, yet Obama wants to tout what a great deal it is.  No thanks, I fully agree with those that vote no and it's not just the republicans. Rubio has a shot, Kasich doesn't. I prefer Carson at this point, he was clearly the smartest guy on stage last night.

Ben Carson has made some truly asinine, witless statements.

Riley

Ben Carson has made some truly asinine, witless statements.

Let me guess, they were the ones at your candidates expense?

Joe Paradiso

Oh so now it's a thread on Donald Trump, you must have just figured that out a few minutes ago given your previous posts in this very thread.

Do you try to be an ....? If not, it must be your IBS acting up.

Look, no one gives a hoot about my solutions. I am not running for office.

This is about the candidates and their solutions.

Just not hearing any substance from Trump or the other also-rans.

Let me guess, they were the ones at your candidates expense?

Comparing homosexuality to pedophilia and bestiality? Come on. Calling Obamacare the worst thing since slavery and worse than 9/11? I mean, I'm no lover of Obamacare but that's just a

Riley

Note: This thread is 2975 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!