IGNORED

Hole in One? Get a Puppy

boogielicious
Note: This thread is 3173 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I agree in general, but at that age you just want to get up and hit it, you don't want to go through a pre shot routine that Keegan Bradley would think is slow. Kids don't do that naturally. Someone shows them. As if at that age they are visualizing everything, especially at her skill level. She couldn't hit it over the lake.

I saw a junior tournament lately, pace of play is pretty bad. http://thesandtrap.com/t/83268/2015-img-academy-junior-world-golf-tournament

And there is no reason for kids this age, and of this skill level, to be doing this kind of pre shot routine. I can't even say if kids shooting low scores at those ages even really understand what they are doing pre shot, other than being slow and not hitting until all the stars align.

We have no proof, so far, that their normal pre-shot routine takes this long. One thing you are failing to take into account is that they are 11 year old girls trying to make a hole in one so they WIN A PUPPY . Of course they are going to try to do their best to make a good shot. They seemed to be having fun doing it and their father didn't appear to be hover which is a few things you complained about in your other thread you linked. Even if their normal pre-shot routine takes that long I still don't see any problem with it as long as it doesn't affect others.

Cute kids, nice swings. :-)

This is what they won:

And the puppy:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Cute kids, nice swings. :-) This is what they won: [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/130262/] [/URL] And the puppy: [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/130263/] [/URL]

Now that's a puppy!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

To be clear, I am very happy for the girl and have no problem with them taking their time on an empty course in January. That girl's ore shot routine was just so eerily identical to the routine of a 13 year old I played with the other day that had us going so slowly I don't think I've ever been with a group playing that slowly with no one ahead of us. Three practice swings, look like he is going to hit, then all of a sudden pull back, walk away, line up the shot, then take a few more practice swings, then look at the ball for like 8 seconds, then duff. Rinse and repeat. So I'm just wondering whether this is a trend where like the First Tee Program is teaching these kids to do that exact routine.

To be clear, I am very happy for the girl and have no problem with them taking their time on an empty course in January.

That girl's ore shot routine was just so eerily identical to the routine of a 13 year old I played with the other day that had us going so slowly I don't think I've ever been with a group playing that slowly with no one ahead of us.

Three practice swings, look like he is going to hit, then all of a sudden pull back, walk away, line up the shot, then take a few more practice swings, then look at the ball for like 8 seconds, then duff. Rinse and repeat.

So I'm just wondering whether this is a trend where like the First Tee Program is teaching these kids to do that exact routine.

No, in fact the opposite. My son and his friends could carry faster than you could probably drive a cart. Plus, they're all long straight hitters.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

No, in fact the opposite. My son and his friends could carry faster than you could probably drive a cart. Plus, they're all long straight hitters.

That's good. I wonder where these kids are learning that routine?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

That's good. I wonder where these kids are learning that routine?

Okay, I'm going to fuss up that some of the instructors make them go through this ridiculously long routine.

However, it backfires on them and the kids play fast once they get out on their own. They learn that slow play sucks early on. :beer:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Okay, I'm going to fuss up that some of the instructors make them go through this ridiculously long routine. However, it backfires on them and the kids play fast once they get out on their own. They learn that slow play sucks early on. :beer:

I don't get why these instructors think that is a good idea. Kids naturally want to move fast anyway and that ridiculous routine doesn't help them. Thanks for the insight as I have two kids that will be getting good lessons soon.

They learn that slow play sucks early on.

First rule of golf. It's OK to suck as long as you suck quickly*

*unless you are not holding anyone up then suck at your own pace. Anyone includes your own group not just other groups.

First rule of golf. It's OK to suck as long as you suck quickly* *unless you are not holding anyone up then suck at your own pace. Anyone includes your own group not just other groups.

That's how I was taught and that's an awesome rule.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

Okay, I'm going to fuss up that some of the instructors make them go through this ridiculously long routine.

However, it backfires on them and the kids play fast once they get out on their own. They learn that slow play sucks early on.

I don't get why these instructors think that is a good idea. Kids naturally want to move fast anyway and that ridiculous routine doesn't help them.

Thanks for the insight as I have two kids that will be getting good lessons soon.

That's what they actually learn. :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 3173 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!