IGNORED

Help - I've forgotten how to play!

Note: This thread is 3101 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello everyone,

First of all, this is my first ever post so hello to one and all :)

Secondly, I have been playing golf for about 5 months now. I bought a new but really cheap set of Dunlop Clubs and set off on my way to teach myself the game of golf. Had a few lessons, watched some Youtube Videos, read some blogs, watched the pro's etc and really got into playing.

I have been  playing 2 rounds of 18 a week, playing a short par 3 'pitch and put' course twice a week as well and going to the driving range probably twice a week as well (I work from home so can sneak off to do some practice when the feeling takes me). I reduced the amount of shots from 133 the first time I ever played 18 (3 months ago) to 91 (last week)...

All was going great, I understood what I was doing, hitting my driver about 220 etc and so I decided to buy a better set of clubs. I opted for a second hand set of Mizuno JPX 800 HD Irons, and TM RBZ driver, hybrid, and 3 wood. Took them to the range today and it is like I have forgotten how to play. My right hand keeps moving on my grip, my swing feels like it has totally broken down, even the way I am addressing the ball feels different. --

Can anyone help me... please!

Hello everyone,

Secondly, I have been playing golf for about 5 months now. I bought a new but really cheap set of Dunlop Clubs and set off on my way to teach myself the game of golf. Had a few lessons, watched some Youtube Videos, read some blogs, watched the pro's etc and really got into playing.

Can anyone help me... please!

First, Welcome to The Sandtrap. 

I recommend starting a My Swing thread. You can get some great advice on your golf swing. 

My Swing Thread

Make sure to click on the My Swing Thread rules at the top of the page. There is some helpful advice there. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3101 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!