IGNORED

Shaft selection

Note: This thread is 3093 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Guys, I Need advice. I am currently playing X20 tours with s300 shafts. I am looking to migrate to XR pro but now KBS shafts are on most callaway sets! What KBS shaft is comparable to my S300?! I was looking at the Tour Tapered-c or project X 5.5! but not sure! Your input is much appreciated, thanks! 

The Dynamic Golf s300 shaft is most directly comparable to the KBS Tour Stiff, though the comparison is not exact. Here are a couple of the differences:

- The KBS shafts are all frequency sorted, while s300 shafts are sorted by weight. This means that all KBS shafts have exactly the same stiffness, but may have slight variance in weight.

- The KBS tour shafts are slightly flighted, meaning that the kickpoint on the shaft for each club is slightly different to try and "tune" the trajectory. The kickpoint in all s300 shafts is the same, but you purchase a "different" KBS shaft for each club (you order the shafts based on which clubs you will put them in) to provide a lower trajectory in the shorter irons and a longer trajectory in the long irons.

Overall I personally prefer the KBS Tour to the DG s300, but I would recommend going to a shop to test all the different shafts out for yourself. Try out the Project X shafts, the KBS shafts, and the True Temper (Dynamic Gold) shafts in the clubs you are looking to purchase. If you order your clubs through the store you can order them with whatever shaft you find working best already installed in the clubs as long as you're willing to wait a little bit for shipping.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

For me personally in my last set of Irons I had the KBS Tour Stiff in them and had trouble getting the long irons airborn. Other than that little blip I liked the shafts. My new irons which are Ping I25s have the S300 in them. I love this shaft and have a nice trajectory. Sometimes shots do balloon on me but that may be a swing fault and not the club.

I recently got my hands on a Cobra Fly-Z driver with the stock stiff shaft that it came with. Any suggestions on a reg. shaft that will launch the ball higher and possibly give me more yards....currently a 14 handicapper who hits the driver 210 - 225(ish) yards.... thanks for any suggestions

CLUBS:ping: CART: :sunmountain: DRIVER: :callaway:GOLF BALL: :titleist:

The current sha(f)t on the clubs I want to buy is the KBS TOUR v-90 which I think it is very different from my DG S300. 

Can you recheck which shaft it is? KBS site had no TOUR v-90 shaft. They do have:

KBS Tour 90 (taper or parallel tip)

KBS TOUR 90

-----------------------------------------------------

KBS Tour V (taper tip only)

KBS TOUR-V

The KBS Tour 90 would be quite different from the DG S300. The Tour V would fall between the two.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Note: This thread is 3093 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!