IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

i shot a 90 (48/42) today. I should have broke 90 for the first time but on the first 5 or so holes on the front 9 i didnt have my drives sorted which lead to 2 triple bogeys. My highlight was getting four pars in a row on the last four holes.

If I hit it right, it's a slice. If I hit it left, it's a hook. If I hit it straight, it's a miracle.

77 at Inverness on Friday.
81 at Inverness on Saturday.
35 at Inverness yesterday.

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

Shot a 96 yesterday (49/47) for best round of the season so far. Only 3 putt was on the 13th, I send my par putt sliding way past the hole, and my annoying uphill breaking put just half a roll short :(. Still, I finally got my 10th round in for an official handicap, and this was only my 2nd round so far under 100 that I played without mulligans.

Driver: Big Bertha 460 11* w/ Graffaloy ProLaunch Blue 65R
Woods: Big Bertha 3 and 5 wood stock shaft, Light flex
Hybrids: None
Irons: Viper Tour 4-PW -1", 4* flat
Wedges: X-Tour 52.11*, 58.9*Putter: Classic 3 33"The Thing That Goes In The Hole (hopefully): NXT Tour"30 minutes a day keeps...

Played yesterday. Shot a 103.

3 rounds since starting golf again. 114->106->103 so I'm happy to be making progress. Big thing now is not chunking shots. Had a par 4 for that took 5 shots to get on the green because I kept flubbing it.

In my bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS (9.5*, stiff, gold shaft)
Irons: FP II 4-GW
Wedges: mp R series 56/13 588DSG 60*
Putter: Unitized TiempoBag: ADIDAS Velocity

My 9 hole course which is 36, I scored 44.

Played pretty well, but a few too many basic errors. Playing well, but need to sort out the basic mistakes, I made.

Highlight has to be, 3 Pars and a Birdie, with the lowlight being a 9 on a par 4.

shot an 89 today... if i cant figure out whats going on there's no way im gonna get to single digits this season... driver was outright failing me today... i dont think i hit one more than 180... so that left me with alot of long approach shots... luckily my chipping was great today... putting was so so
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

After shooting low 90s consistently at the end of last season, I've shot 99, 100, and 101 so far this year. Very frustrating, but it's still early in the year. Gonna keep hitting the range and working it out.

I shot 81 today. 38/43 in WINDY Florida. The wind hasn't stopped blowing hard for a month. Very hot and dry conditions. I might have broken 80 but a snowman on a par 5 and a 6 on a par 3 killed it.

I'm down to a 10 handicap. At this rate, I'll get to scratch at 90 years old!

shot a 49 today on the same 9 as the 54 yesterday. Shot a 49 last time before the 54 too. Had a 7 to open with on a par 4. Made 3 pars.

Shot a 42 today!! Wedges were HOT. And that would have been 41, but I missed a 6 footer or so leaving one lousy foot, and I just tapped it at the hole never giving any thought to the fact it might lip out

Did't get to play the back 9 due to darkness and sprinklers.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

Played at my dad's course today, which is quite small, and a 66. 33 in and 33 out.
Very windy, around 35mph according to the weather reports.

I struggled a lot on my first 9, and seemed to be too keen to get my shots away.
Scored 51 through the first 9!

But, on the last 9. I shot a 38 which was only 5over
including 4 pars, 1 birdie, and nailing the 190 yard Par 3 green which has rough, heather, water, sand, all around it.

I'm getting there in quite small steps, but If I can focus more so on a solid motion, stop rushing and thinking back about bad shots (My first few scores were par, plus 4, triple bogey, double bogey) and kept thinking back to my good round yesterday, and why I couldn't hit the ball as sweet as before. After the turn, I told myself to forget about it, and just have fun.
I did and I scored my greatest back 9 to date.

The crazy thing is, it makes you want to go out again and get working on your demons, which I will on Friday.

• Administrator
I played three balls all day on the front nine at Whispering Woods. They'd just aerated the greens yesterday (and were doing the back nine today).

I drove all three balls on the ninth hole but didn't want to wait for the twosome ahead of me to putt out, so I picked up.

Through 8 holes (or 24 holes, if you count every ball) I was -2. Two of the three balls on nine were in the fairway and the third was in the fairway bunker (only 120 out, so perhaps a par).

I was -4 on the six balls I played on holes 4 and 5. I nearly aced the second hole with my second ball. I had a few more tap-ins.

I was working on my swing (didn't want to drive half an hour to the driving range today, so used WW as a "practice lab"), and didn't line up all of the putts, plus there was sand and small rocks everywhere, so.. pfft.

Anyway, I'm probably only 30-40% of the way towards the changes I've been working on, so I'm quite pleased at this point. QUITE pleased.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yesterday (tournament): 83 (+11). 42/41. I played well, slightly better than I have been playing. I had 2 three putts, a double, and a triple bogey (3-putts weren't on those holes either). My score could have been better, but I lost concentration and didn't execute. I hit the ball well and chipped very well. It took a while to get used to the greens, but I like the way I played.

Today: 48 (+12). I couldn't get anything going at all. I went double, par, triple to start. I don't really know what happened, but I had 3 doubles on nine holes. Yippee. Oh, and a triple. I hit a good shot, then a terrible shot...never had two good holes back to back. It's a humbling experience I guess and it motivated me to try harder to get more consistent at this game. My last several nines have been: 42, 38, 44, 41, 42, 48 to average a 42.5. If you take out my best and worst nine, it averages a 42.25 which I can live with. I just don't like shooting 83 one day, then a 48 the next.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

I had horrible allergies today - runny nose and ten thousand sneezes. My focus was cloudy all day. I played 9. I couldn't get a putt to drop. Tallied Four 5s and Five 4s = 40.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Shot 90. With 45-45.

Really disappointing as I had had a terrible triple on number 9.

I had a really up and down back nine with 5 pars (not bad for me) plus 3 doubles and one triple :(

This year has started off really difficult. I hope to turn it around but I haven't made it to the range very often (my boss and I disagree about my work schedule ). My current HC is 12.8 but my trend is almost a full shot higher

G10
SteelHead III
I3
Vockey
588 BC-2

48. Wasn't driving the ball well at all. Some shots got a little unlucky as I played at an unfamiliar course with a lot of blind shots. Short game was below average. Not real happy or mad.

Good round for me yesterday. Shot a +1 (73 - 35/38) with 3 birdies and 4 bogies at Inverness Country Club. I missed 2 putts inside 3-feet both ending with bogies.

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

• Administrator
75 at Whispering Woods . The things I'm working on I tend to have "okay" early in the round, but then my takeaway starts to leave me and it goes downhill from there. Perfect example of why you shouldn't play golf while working on a swing... but I couldn't drive all the way out to Lake View today to hit the range.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades