IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

88 (43/45) in 112 degree heat index here in Florida. We walked the course as well. What were we thinking? Anyway, I three putted too many times. My stroke was just not there and I was hitting alot of them with a prayer.

I'm down to a 10 handicap. At this rate, I'll get to scratch at 90 years old!

Yesterday I tanked it. 42, quit after 9.

Today I lit it up. 74 (0.8 differential). Four birdies, six bogies.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Took the day off and played Stanford GC today. I haven't played there since the remodel and they've stretched it to a stupid 7600 yards! We played the middle tees at just over 7000.

Anyway... started off with a couple of scrambling pars and one of my friends made the comment that my swing looked different. That I used to hit against a firmer left side and now it looks like I'm sliding through the shot.

Boom! Hit 12 of the next 14 greens in reg with birdie putts no longer than 15 feet (4 were under 4 feet). Went 34-33 for a boring 67! Felt good to play well again.

Weapons of choice:
Irons/wedges: Titleist Tour Grind
Driver:Titleist 909D2
3 Wood: Tour Edge Exotic
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

6 pars, followed by a bird, followed by a par....followed by a TRIPLE BOGEY....for a nice 2-over 38. Happy with the score, not very pleased with the last hole. If I keep golfing like this though I'll finally make it to single digits!

In my Datrek Rage bag:
Driver: Sumo 5000 w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
4-Wood: SasQuatch 2 w/ Diamana Stiff
Irons: AP2 4-PW w/ PX 6.0
Wedges: Zodia US Spec 52*, Yururi Gekku 57*, 588 DSG RTG+Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style 3.5 or Odyssey White Hot Tour #1Ball: ProV1 or whatever I find!

101. Hit the ball well, too well in fact. A lot of my irons were well struck, but flew the green. Seven or eight three putts really hurt.

I'm feeling good about my swing, though.

I shot a 66 on the back nine of the local course. Absolutely horrendous. I'm trying to dial in the new swing after I had my first lesson last Wednesday. But I started putting it together on the last 3 holes and had the day's first GIR with a 170-yard blast off my 4-iron on a par 3 17th with two more solid shots from my 4 and 5 on the next two swings. I ended up double bogeying all 3 thanks to some terrifyingly bad putting and a couple of topped shots.

Second lesson is this Wednesday, hopefully we'll make some more progress.

C9 VFT Ti
C9 5w
P2 Hybrid 3
P2 Deep Cavity 4-PW
SGS 52, 56 Putter

I shot 102 on Sunday in Rockford, IL on a little mini vacation. That course was a complete mud hole with all the rain they had Friday. I am chalking that round off to horrible conditions.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

79 Friday night. Tied my best round. 7 on an easy par 5 and 3 putted a couple holes.

-10 on Saturday in a golf scramble. 2nd place.

97 on Sunday night. New driver - alot of OB and penalty strokes. putted and chipped well.

EDGE stand bag
S9-1 PRO S - Matrix XCON 6
Rapture 14 degree Aldila VS
DWS Baffler 2 Hybrid Adila stiff
A7 4 hybrid USTAXIVAP1 710 5-GW KBS StiffCG14 - 54.1262.07 Vokey Spin MilledWhite Ice BladeGolf BallsBlack TP & Pro V1x

Rough day in a tournament. The course was 6800 yards, and still wet from all the rain. Me, as a fairly short hitter, I was hitting hybrids/low irons in all day and I was striking them really well but they just weren't hitting the greens. I don't think I had one mishit all day. When you only hit 3 G.I.R. though, you got to get up and down. And of course I had 35 putts, so that's not getting up and down. Ended up shooting a 91. Pretty awful for me, granted it was a 73.2/128 course playing even tougher with the conditions, but all excuses aside I still felt like I left a ton of strokes out there and just bad errors.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

felt like i played horrendous today but i scored better than the other day when i felt like i played well... weird...
45 front 44 back for 17 over...
so many birdie and par opportunities that i just couldnt convert...
driver was just embarrassing today... one of the members that everyone clowns due to his ugly swing and "great" personality outdrove me all day... i couldnt get it to go further than 200yrds even when it went straight... disappointing
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

48 front, 48 back for a 96. Could have been better without a 3 putt on 18 (ouch) and a couple chunked irons.

On Monday, at the Suncadia Prospector Golf Course (designed partially by Arnold Palmer) I shot at 88 from the whites. I had +10 on three holes and +6 on the other 15..

3 birdies a good amount of pars a couple bogeys and doubles..

Sumo 10.5*
R7 Draw 15* 3W
3dx 17* 2H
Pi5 3-PW
Spin Milled Vokey 54* CG11 60* C-01

11 over front...
2 over back!!!!...
i was absolutely hacking it on the front...
got into trouble time and time again and couldnt get out to save my life...
my playing partner ive played with a few times before is an incredible player...
he told me at the turn not to sweat it and to just have fun... we werent playing for money or anything so just screw it...
after that bit of advice...
instead of thinking "i need to fly the water for a gir... or i think i got a good opening thru those 4 trees"
i started thinking "lets just hit this shot pure and see it soar"
i totally torched the back... didnt even notice how well i played until we caught up with the group in front of us on 18... w00t
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

50 tonight. I think I have overdone it the last few days. My back is sore as can be. I'll blame it on that and the heat, yeah, that's it alright.

- Shane

Played for the first time in a month at an executive course (par 30) and shot 42. 16 putts and a couple of pars, otherwise just used it as a driving range pretty much as I dropped balls at different yardages to hit. Been working on making my swing more flat as I've tended to lift the club rather than rotate in the past. Not a great round by any stretch of the imagination but nice to be back out.

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!