IGNORED

Belly putters ?

Note: This thread is 6841 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Im thinking of giving the above a go !

Can anyone whos' tried / using / used one give me their thoughts ? Are they completely different or is a similiar stroke used / Do you use a similiar stroke ? How have you found the change ? Have you stuck with it or gone back to conventional ?

Any thoughts appreciated...

***BTW : Im 6'3 ish and have tried with my driver !!!! lol - so im considering a 44" - does this sound about right for my height ?

10.5 deg Titleist 905T.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
TaylorMade 200 3wood.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
19 deg Taylormade rescue-mid with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Callaway 3-PW X-16 Pro series with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Cleveland 56+60RTG/Custom 34" Yes! Sophia/Pro-V1syershulver1@msn.co.uk

• Administrator
Can anyone whos' tried / using / used one give me their thoughts ? Are they completely different or is a similiar stroke used / Do you use a similiar stroke ? How have you found the change ? Have you stuck with it or gone back to conventional ?

Going belly? Guess I have one more guy to point and laugh at.

Just joking. I putt well enough I've never tried anything unconventional, so I don't know that I can be of much help here. I've seen belly putters improve people's putting, but I've also seen a lesson improve people's putting, or a new putter, or putting with a new grip, or putting on different greens, or a different calendar day, or a different stance, or a different way of marking the line, or a different weight putter, or, well, you get my point.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have tried a belly putter and I went back after the first 2 rounds with it. It feels weird and if you roll it close and you make a grone sound, therefore causing air to come out, IT HURTS! All I was told to try to do is make a stroke like you are a pendulem on a big grandfather click.... hope this helps!

Ace Adair

904R 10*
I3 4 Wood 17* G5 Hybrid 22* CG-4's 4-PW Vokey Design 200 Series-- 50*, 54*, 58* G2 Anser Putter 35" ProV1 Hoofer 3 Bag "Putts get real difficult the day they hand out the money." -Lee Trevino "You are one evil, cunning woman. It's a massive turn on."--House...

Erik - First things first - I have NEVER been a "great putter",the best i have ever been is "better than average" - I reckon im averaging 33'ish putts per round from memorising my last 10 or so rounds,and holding my handicap of scratch no problem.My ballstriking is my forte and although im probably averaging over 13 GIR,my putting is that of an 5- 10 handicapper - certainly on pure results alone.Its never really bad and i very rarely 3 putt,infact i would be so bold as to say my distance control is very,very good.Its just i dont hole enough 10 - 20 footers.The medal comp on Sunday was better than average for me ball-striking wise,but typical in the general trend = I hit 17 GIR,12/14 fairways and had 34 putts including one from the fringe for a gross 70 (-2).If i could somehow knock that 33 average to 31,which shouldnt be asking too much,then it would obviously relieve that pressure on those bad ball-striking days.

I currently putt cack-handed (left hand low) and have been doing so for approx 5 years.Feel very comfortable doing this.I have "tried" and i mean tried (for 18 holes) a chin-length putter but it was very,very different to anything resembling a "normal" putting stroke.Its not as easy as just doing it for doing-its sake - that method for me,was as far removed from a normal stroke with a 35" putter as can be and would have taken ALOT of practice to feel anywhere near normal.Oh,and it felt like i was stirring soup on the backswing.......three different swing-planes on the way back doesnt even begin to describe it.......

I am HOPING that the belly length will feel a bit more like a normal putting action with simply another anchor point ?????????

"Changes" - regarding putting.lol - I certainly need one of those hence this post.Im the man who cant hole a bean with a factory lined Odyssey two-ball.Not good

Oh,and laugh all you want.Im sure the cackle will have died down whilst crossing the Atlantic.....................

aceadair - Tell me why it felt "weird" ? Was it really that far removed from a "normal" stroke with a 34/35" putter ? Did it feel completely alien or just "different" ? What length did you try and where did it anchor on your body for you ? did the extra pivot point hinder,rather than help you ?

All the groaning i do after missing a putt - sounds like it would be positively painful !

Oh my good god - it gets worse

Theres even a whole website for those of us inflicted:

www.bellyputter.com

You KNOW you want to Erik...............

• Administrator
Oh my good god - it gets worse

You know, I've got a

Hammy Putter sitting around if you're interested.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hammy putter ? ......No way.Thats a scythe surely ?

Note: This thread is 6841 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!