IGNORED

A little exercise

IronGuy
Note: This thread is 6029 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello!

I have a little question for you guys. I'm 15 and I'm not a heavy weight, if you know what I mean, but I can strike the ball hard. Perhaps I would need some weight lifting. I wanted to know wich muscle is important to hit the ball pure. I know that a fast hips turn is important, a square face at impact but, I want to have more than that. So if you know some muscles who are important, let me know please! ( triceps, back, shoulders...)

Cheers, Julien

In my stand bag:

Driver: R7 460 Stiff
3-Wood: sumo
5-Wood: sumoIrons: R7 4-AWSW: rac LW: racPutter: Rossa Monsa CGB Fontana-7Balls: Pro V-1, NEW nike ONE

Hello!

I'm a big fan of stretch-exercises, such as with exercise tubes, and stretches themselves, such as yoga-type work. If you go the weight-lifting route - and I do this sometimes - make sure you stretch and don't lose flexibility in the process.

Also, hammer curls, not bicep curls. I think I read a long-drive champion say that somewhere. I'd have to look it up.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
Have you tried the speed stick? I think Vijay uses it.

What's in my cart and stand bag:
Driver: C4 9* Stiff
R7 425 9* Stiff
Wood: Redline 15* Regular
Hybrids: Idea 17* and 21* RegularIrons: Idea 5-9, incl PW and SW RegularPutter: Rossa Monza Corza and Rossa Lambeau 2 ball bladeBalls: Any. Find many, lose a few

At 15 and playing off 8.5 and hitting the ball solidly, I wouldn't bother with weights yet. I'd put that off until you're 17-18.

Cleveland Launcher Comp, 9.5* stiff
TaylorMade V-Steel, T/S stiff
Cleveland Halo, 19* stiff
Mizuno MP-32, stiff
Cleveland 588 Gunmetal, 51*Cleveland 588 DSG RTG, 56*Scotty Cameron Newport II

Pilates

strengthens the core muscle and adds fexibility without hurting yourself.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Note: This thread is 6029 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!