IGNORED

Daly on Nationwide

flash
Note: This thread is 6012 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Actually, I don't remember you not asking for any opinions to this thread.

Touche' ..someone caught me in a mistake again,wow you all shud inglish teechurs

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

. You never know what you will get with him, a great performance or a train wreck.

Yep an eagle then an 8 at the Open

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

Daly should play with one of those hard hats from Happy Gilmore! Bud can on one side,Bud Light on the other with Marlborough logo's on the hat! That's the kind of joke he has become! Couple years from now....John who?

"Golf's a hard game to figure. One day you'll go out and slice it and shank it, hit into all the traps and miss every green. The next day you go out and , for no reason at all, you really stink." -- Bob Hope

Driver:TM 09 Burner
3 & 5 Wood: Callaway BB War Bird
Irons: TM R7 3-PWWedges:Maxfli...

• Administrator
actually i don't remember asking for any opinions to this thread

Touche' ..someone caught me in a mistake again,wow you all shud inglish teechurs

You can go back in the penalty box if you don't shape up. You've already got negative reputation which, since everyone starts out at +10, is pretty bad.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The biggest mystery to me is why anyone still cares about JD. I have almost no clue as to why Daly is still so popular. He certainly isn't an "everyman" like some portray him to be. Far from it, actually.

You're absolutely right - not "everyman" has won two major championships and can hit a golf ball three quarters of a mile and still have one of the most deft short games on earth.

Cleveland Launcher Comp, 9.5* stiff
TaylorMade V-Steel, T/S stiff
Cleveland Halo, 19* stiff
Mizuno MP-32, stiff
Cleveland 588 Gunmetal, 51*Cleveland 588 DSG RTG, 56*Scotty Cameron Newport II

Daly should play with one of those hard hats from Happy Gilmore! Bud can on one side,Bud Light on the other with Marlborough logo's on the hat! That's the kind of joke he has become! Couple years from now....John who?

First of all, he drinks Miller Lite. And secondly, speaking of "who?"... you would be...?

When you win two majors, 5 PGA Tour events, PGA Tour rookie of the year and lead the Tour in driving distance for a decade, you be sure and let us know!

Mizuno MP-32, stiff

You're absolutely right - not "everyman" has won two major championships and can hit a golf ball three quarters of a mile and still have one of the most deft short games on earth.

Daly will always be a very polarizing figure in golf. Most people either love him or hate him. I think he is great. I wish him the best and love to see him do well, although that is rare lately. His game defies logic. you should not be able to hit it that far and still have that kind of touch.

Most people know someone like him. They may not be a golfer or a superstar, but they are a family member or a friend. He has a problem, no doubt, but I will always pull for him on and off the course. I just hope someday it clicks for him.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Daly will always be a very polarizing figure in golf. Most people either love him or hate him. I think he is great. I wish him the best and love to see him do well, although that is rare lately. His game defies logic. you should not be able to hit it that far and still have that kind of touch.

I'm in the same boat as you. I just never understood people actively rooting against the guy. He's never killed anybody, robbed an old lady or did time on drug charges. I'd love to see how lilly white most people would look under the microscope he's under.

Ask Veej or Tiger who has the most natural talent on the PGA Tour, and they'll both give you the same answer: John Daly. I may not agree with how he lives his life - actually, let me rephrase that: I wish he would do at least a teeny bit more to get the most out of his talent, but I love the way he treats the fans. None of the snooty BS you see from a lot of top players. I will always pull for JD.

Mizuno MP-32, stiff

Actually he would have to spell Titlist first and ain't got no chanch

Pot, kettle on line three.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

He should make a golf movie with T.W. and Woody Austin and call it 'The good,the bad,and the ugly'.

Would T.W.be the bad or the ugly? His on course behavior and fan friendliness could be characterized as both sometime.

I saw JD on "Playing Lessons with the Pros." The guy was engaging, funny, and could explain the "whats" and "whys" of his shots. The best part was he was playing in jeans. It just led me to believe that A) He loves golf and B) His game is more important than his appearance.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I saw JD on "Playing Lessons with the Pros." The guy was engaging, funny, and could explain the "whats" and "whys" of his shots. The best part was he was playing in jeans. It just led me to believe that A) He loves golf and B) His game is more important than his appearance.

My favorite all-time episode! I have it password-locked on my tivo so it'll never be erased. John Daly is the modern Arnold Palmer.

Driver: Sumo2 5900 10.5*
3+ Utility: 3DX Utility 13.5*
Hybrids: 4DX 18.5*
Irons: MP-30 3-PW
Wedges: Vokey SM54.10 & SM60.04Putter: T.P. Mills StudioBall: GamerBag: Warbird Stand

My favorite all-time episode! I have it password-locked on my tivo so it'll never be erased. John Daly is the modern Arnold Palmer.

Well, my first reason for responding is to comment on your avatar: everytime I see it I laugh so hard I have to be sure I didn't forget to slip on my Depends. I mean when I look at that photo of one of Savannah's finest I just can't help myself; I actually laugh out loud! I love it.

My second reason for responding is to comment on that bloviated, doughy dimpled butted, inebriated, can't keep ( as the Brits say ) his bits and pieces to himself [ see his autobiography ], classless, slobby piece of trailer trash from that magnificent state of Arkansas. While I acknowledge that the man has extraordinary talent, I find the cavalier manner with which he regards it not only shameful but insulting. Perhaps that's what Mr. Daly intends to do: bend over, drop his trouser, blow wind and stick his middle finger in the air at the whole world. By virtue of his behavior, that's what he has done. I just can't imagine Arnold Palmer doing something like that, can you? And maybe there are those who take comfort in seeing a nonconformist flip off everybody; the idea of the anti-hero is well worn in the literary and cinematic traditions of many cultures, especially ours. No one would or could deny the exquisite touch this behemoth has with a wedge or his exceptional, natural raw power. His talent is undeniable. Those facts make his story so heartwrenchingly sad and, probably, in his endgame, tragic. But with a little discipline, think how many more majors, not to mention regular tournaments, Daly could have won. The problem I have with people considering him even newsworthy is the same problem I have with shows like the current itteration of Headline News, Fox News Talkshows, CNN talkshows, et al. They really only tell us what we already know, just packaged in a sensational, entertainment styled format. I find it not only rehashed, refried old news, I find the tone of these shows ultimately insulting and counterproductive to the good dissemination of genuine information. Likewise, there is nothing happening in John Daly's life, unfortunately, that hasn't happened before. When he changes sponsors, wives, etc., when he gets drunk and screws up his life, he's really telling us nothing about himself, the way he regards himself, as well as the rest of the world ( including his respect, or rather lack of respect, for the game of golf ), that we don't already know about him. Watching Daly, to me, is watching one big, fat slow motion train wreck. I genuinely hope he gets help and staightens himself out, but, damn, I'm so tired of seeing so much great talent wasted and the life of a complete dissolute celebrated. By the way, I do apologize for having such mild opinions about topics such as this one. I suppose one day I'll gird my loins and try squeeze out a little more opinionated rant.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

Well, my first reason for responding is to comment on your avatar: everytime I see it I laugh so hard I have to be sure I didn't forget to slip on my Depends. I mean when I look at that photo of one of Savannah's finest I just can't help myself; I actually laugh out loud! I love it.

Very good points about JD, I don't understand his appeal myself. He is just another deadbeat athlete akin to the likes of which we see in the NFL and NBA. In his case I say "athlete" loosely.

JD is good for any tour. He's unconventional & wild.
My 12 year old son hates golf but stops dead in his tracks if Daly is playing because he loves the fact he is 'out there'. He is so not your typical sports hero-he drinks, he's loud, he plays in a band, and he doesn't look like an athlete. FANTASTIC CHARACTER!!
There should be more like him...

What's in my X cart bag

X460 10° off the tee, usually followed by either Big Bertha 3 wood or BlueMax 7 wood-stiff graphite
Then one of theseDi7 uniflex steel 5-SW and finally the NXT tour straight in the hole using Rossa Daytona

JD is good for any tour. He's unconventional & wild.

Seriously, if there had been a thin John Daly a dozen years ago, I would've taken up golf in time to play in high school. I thought scrawny wild guys like me only programmed computers. He's one of the very few pros that cause non-fans and non-golfers to sit up and take notice. I don't have any numbers on me about whether Daly (or Tiger) attracted people to golf, but I'd be surprised if they didn't both bring their share into the fold.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think JD would be a rather nice person to meet,say in an elevator... He would talk to you, treat you well, and heck, probably even offer to buy you a beer in the lounge. I don't think a person would get the same reaction from Tiger if you met him in a similar situation(although I could be wrong).

This is why I think Daly has such strong public appeal even though he obviously makes a lot of mistakes.

I do still like and admire them both.

X-460 9.5* tour Driver/Fujikura stiff
X-15* tour 3 wood/Fujikura stiff
3DX 18.5* Hybrid/Aldila stiff
681 3-PW/Project X 6.0 (now in bag)
X-16 Pro Series Irons/Dynamic Gold S300 54* and 58* wedges Anser Sn putter

Note: This thread is 6012 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!