IGNORED

My Swing (coop6)

coop6
Note: This thread is 2405 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello,

I've been Playing Golf for: 16
My current handicap index or average score is: 0
My typical ball flight is: Straight/Slight Fade (over cut with driver)
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Hate the fade/over fade

I've starting working with a MORAD instructor over the last 4 months.  I use to be really flat and laid off, deep right arm with a lot of face rotation.  I now get the club very steep in the transition and get the club way above the rt forearm plane at P5.5-6.  I look forward to any insight.  When I try and shallow it I get my rt arm moving behind me and get narrow (get a lot more space between elbows).  We're working on lagging the club both in the caddy view and DTL view while working on my pivot.  Video is sideways, please help!

Thanks

Videos: 

[Delete this, Embed Videos Here]

PGA Class A member

MORAD advocate

Titleist club player

16 minutes ago, coop6 said:

Video is sideways, please help!

coop, go to the how to tab

How to … Embed Videos on TST

TST allows for easy embedding of videos from YouTube and Vimeo right here on the site. Follow along with these very easy steps to see how it's done.

http://thesandtrap.com/how-to/embed-videos/

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

5692d0e6a6850_AnalyzrImageExport.thumb.j

So, your hands drop down and this pushes your right elbow too far around and behind you, so then the only way you have to get the clubhead to the ball is to swing left and over it.

As the hips begin to slide (and rotate) forward, the left arm and the butt of the club should feel like they're coming down toward the golf ball, but also quite a bit farther OUT toward the golf ball, too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I need to feel as though I'm coming over it at the top while laying the club down... I understand the concept, dang muscle memory sucks sometimes lol. My sense/feeling to get it inside is to drop hands and swing to the rt. I know that's wrong, but that's what my body does lol.

Thanks for the insight! I appreciate all. 

PGA Class A member

MORAD advocate

Titleist club player

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, coop6 said:

I need to feel as though I'm coming over it at the top while laying the club down... I understand the concept, dang muscle memory sucks sometimes lol. My sense/feeling to get it inside is to drop hands and swing to the rt. I know that's wrong, but that's what my body does lol.

Taking your hands out can help lay the shaft down.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

Taking your hands out can help lay the shaft down.

I have to make sure I'm not "pushing" with my rt arm at the same tune, more pulling with the left arm and pivot. Thanks!

PGA Class A member

MORAD advocate

Titleist club player

Pulling with the left arm will make your swing steep.

Edited by EverythingGolf

5 Simple Keys® Associate

"Golf is not a game of great shots. It's a game of the most accurate misses.

The people who win make the smallest mistakes." - Gene Littler

2 hours ago, coop6 said:

I have to make sure I'm not "pushing" with my rt arm at the same tune, more pulling with the left arm and pivot. Thanks!

Feels will differ from player to player but be careful with the "pulling" feel. Can lead you to cup the left wrist and move the hands down without enough "out".

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

11 minutes ago, mvmac said:

11 minutes ago, mvmac said:

Feels will differ from player to player but be careful with the "pulling" feel. Can lead you to cup the left wrist and move the hands down without enough "out".

What feeling would you suggest? I appreciate the advice. I'd love to have more of a Robert Rock/ Mac O translation with hands going more out and club flattening. I look forward to the response.

PGA Class A member

MORAD advocate

Titleist club player

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, mvmac said:

The "out" is the important part. More out, less "down."

15 minutes ago, EverythingGolf said:

Pulling with the left arm will make your swing steep.

What feeling so you advise? Thanks!!

PGA Class A member

MORAD advocate

Titleist club player

5 minutes ago, coop6 said:

What feeling so you advise? Thanks!!

Make sure you are sliding your hips forward during the start of the downsing.

5 Simple Keys® Associate

"Golf is not a game of great shots. It's a game of the most accurate misses.

The people who win make the smallest mistakes." - Gene Littler

35 minutes ago, iacas said:

The "out" is the important part. More out, less "down."

I like this!

PGA Class A member

MORAD advocate

Titleist club player

@coop6 forgot to say welcome to TST. Is the winter time the only time a golf pro has to work on their game?  

Looks like a beautiful private course you have in Atlanta. Which course are you at?

Oh, great swing by the way, sure you'll get things in order.

One last question, noticed you wear a glove using the big dog, but not with irons?

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

58 minutes ago, coop6 said:

What feeling would you suggest? I appreciate the advice. I'd love to have more of a Robert Rock/ Mac O translation with hands going more out and club flattening. I look forward to the response.

I'd film yourself getting into the correct positions and taking note of what you felt to do it. I would also recommend feeling the right arm/elbow working "under" as the right arm gradually straightens down to the ball (or a spot in front of the ball). 

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

10 hours ago, Club Rat said:

@coop6 forgot to say welcome to TST. Is the winter time the only time a golf pro has to work on their game?  

Looks like a beautiful private course you have in Atlanta. Which course are you at?

Oh, great swing by the way, sure you'll get things in order.

One last question, noticed you wear a glove using the big dog, but not with irons?

Thank you! I work at Capital City Club. 

I I wear gloves with everything. I just happened to not wear one that time.

I always work on mine, just more time to focus on the winter due to no tournaments until late Feb or early Mar. 

Thanks, swing is coming along. I played in the Sanderson Farm PGA Tour event back in Nov. and hit it poorly, said I have to fix my flaws once and for all!

10 hours ago, mvmac said:

I'd film yourself getting into the correct positions and taking note of what you felt to do it. I would also recommend feeling the right arm/elbow working "under" as the right arm gradually straightens down to the ball (or a spot in front of the ball). 

I've don't all of the above. I get caught up in one thing and forget the other. I focus on squeezing the elbows together but def need to feel the club go out more. I never stick with that move even though all the MOrAD guys have a left arm through the left shoulder in P5. I need that and thanks for reminding me.

PGA Class A member

MORAD advocate

Titleist club player

I'm playing golf tomorrow but will try and get a video of the hips sliding forward while feeling the hands go out at about 25,50,75 and then 100% effort. I'll see where it breaks down. Hopefully not until 75% lol. 

PGA Class A member

MORAD advocate

Titleist club player

Note: This thread is 2405 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!