IGNORED

TST Member Review - The Tee Claw

boogielicious
Note: This thread is 2739 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Product Name: The Tee Claw
Product Type: Tee Holder for Golf Mats
Product Website/URL: www.teeclaw.com
Cost: $15

Ratings (out of 5):
Quality: 4
Value: 4
Effectiveness: 4
Durability: TBD
Esthetic Appeal: 4

Link to Discussion Thread

My Member Review

I was able to take the Tee Claw to one of our open local ranges on Sunday. As stated above, I cut down a few tees ahead of time to the right height so I wouldn't have to do it at the range.

I set the Tee Claw in the mat below then put my driver next to it to get the right height. This mat is an All Turf mat, which is similar to the Real Feel mats with a little less dense weave. The mat is made of woven fibers.

IMG_0519.thumb.JPG.7c257ea04091afec61eef

At the range, the first thing I noticed was this range has two types of mats; a cheap imitation turf mat where the rubber tee goes and a tighter weave mat. The Tee Claw had no issue with the woven mat, but would not grab the cheap mat fibers. The video below shows this. The cheap mat only has fibers that run vertically and are not woven together.

Undaunted, I used the woven mat for the test. I set the Tee Claw up with just one lanyard pulled straight back. This distance is about 30 inches. I hooked the tee under the mat with a tee as is suggested in the Tee Claw site video.

IMG_0512.thumb.JPG.ff23337c7103bcbaf9bc4

The tee fits snug into the Tee Claw base. I used my driver to test the set up. The Tee Claw moved after the shot, but the tee stayed in place. I was worried that I would lose the tee, but this didn't happen. This will save on tees if this happens routinely. I took three swings with this set up. The Tee Claw came loose after the shot, but stayed on the mat.

IMG_0513.thumb.JPG.3acdd07ee32cfc16b153d

Next, I set up the Tee Claw with two lanyards. The second lanyard was set up as a guide for my swing path. This will come in handy as a training aid.
IMG_0514.thumb.JPG.5eb2a9ec24d76460b97b6

After hitting, the tee stayed in. The Tee Claw moved. You can see below, it recoiled and twisted a bit. It took a few seconds to untangle it and set it back up. If you are the kind of player who rapid fire hits balls, this may get annoying. But if you are like me and take your time, the extra set up time is not an issue. If I am doing slow motion drills, I would use the rubber tee. But once I am hitting to observe ball flight, I would use the Tee Claw instead.

IMG_0516.thumb.JPG.4c489c2a67454a9bbe6c8

Lastly, mats seem to be the key for the Tee Claw to work. Good mats with a weave work the best. I have two mats at home, the All Turf mat I showed above and one I got when buying a Birdie Ball net. They are below. I apologize for not cleaning the dead grass off the mat! It was cold out. The Tee Claw had no issues with either of these mats. I would take the mat type into consideration when you purchase the Tee Claw.

IMG_0521.thumb.JPG.deabcd8589e56961d58a8

At $15, the Tee Claw is not a big investment and worth the money for being able to set your tee height while practicing on mats. I've resorted to cutting down rubber tees to the right height before, but this is a better way. Try it out!

• Upvote 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 8 months later...

I am too late!.....I've been using something like this for years. I tethered a short piece of the inside core of a garden soaker  hose with a length of stretchable cord from the inside of a tent support rod, knotting it inside the hose and securing to a mat with a tied tee as pictured. the hose end is inserted into an existing tee holder hole in the mat. There may even be a photo in one of my older posts.  I even had a couple of different length hose ends tied in to the assembly for a quick change.  Now I see this at $15 ?  The claw looks like one of those clawed nuts available at any hardware store.   Dang! shudda had it patented.

found it:  

golf tee station.jpg

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2739 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!