IGNORED

My Swing (Dannyhansen88)

Dannyhansen88
Note: This thread is 2684 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 4 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 1.8
My typical ball flight is: Push Draw
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Push

I struggle with a low ball flight and I don't know why, I have a 114 Driver CHS so it isnt a lack of speed. Any suggestions/drills would be greatly appreciated!

Videos: 

[Delete this, Embed Videos Here]

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9.0 Aldila Rogue Silver X-Stiff I Taylormade M2 3 wood Fujikara 661 Speeder X-Stiff I Callaway Apex 3 Iron UST Mamiya Recoil 780 ES F5 X-Stiff I Mizuno MP-59 4-PW Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff I Mizuno Wedges (Blue) 52_56_60 Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex I Scotty Cameron Newport 2.0 USA Edition I Taylormade Tour Preferred 

First, Welcome to The Sand Trap! 

Second, you have a lot of good stuff going for ya in the swing. A very good swing. 

There are a few things I notice that could be causing your issues. 

1. You let the clubhead dive inside from A1 (set up) to A2 (club parallel to the ground at thigh height)

A2.JPG

Though you do get away with it because you  set the club more vertical from A2 to A3 (left arm parallel to the ground) instead of letting it continue on a flat angle that would send hands even deeper behind you. You also reroute the club a tad in transition but you do a good job in letting the hands and club drop so you don't get an over the top move which would be common with the way you let the club get inside your hands at A2. Not sure if that is something you want to tackle or if it is causing you problems. You get into a really good position at A5 (left arm parallel to the ground in the downswing). 

The primary issue is you stop turning too soon in the downswing and start extending too soon. This can send the path outward to much at impact.

A5.JPG

Notice how your head comes off where it was at A5 above (arm parallel to the ground in the downswing). Also note the angle of your shoulders and hips at impact below. The shoulders are square to the target line and the hips are only slightly open. Also, note how your head shifts upward and you start to lose your spine angle. 

A7.JPG

Now look at Justin Rose,

A5 Justin.JPG

Notice how he stays on both red lines, and how he remains in his tilt. Notice the green lines on how his shoulders are slightly open to the target line and how his hips are more open to that. 

A7 Justin.JPG

I would work on getting a picture to look like Justin there. Hips and shoulders more open. 

A good would be to stop your backswing at the top and then slowly turn and feel like your right hip pocket and right side is going down and towards the ball more, staying in that tilt. Really get that right side through sooner and more in the swing. Just bring the club down to the ball slowly and stop & hold it there feeling the hips and shoulders more open. 

It could be right side oriented, like scrunching that right hip down towards the ball. It could be more turning that left side around and behind you more. It could be just staying in that tilt more and not extending. It will be something you need to figure out. 

This is something I am working on. It really is just trying to figure out a feel fits so you can start really practicing getting those turn rates up in the downswing and getting quality reps in. 

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for the advice, worked on it yesterday on the range for a while. Incorporated more shoulder tilt at impact to get my ball flight up as well. Went out and played 9. Shot 35 (-1) so I'll definitely stick with it. Thanks for the reply!

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9.0 Aldila Rogue Silver X-Stiff I Taylormade M2 3 wood Fujikara 661 Speeder X-Stiff I Callaway Apex 3 Iron UST Mamiya Recoil 780 ES F5 X-Stiff I Mizuno MP-59 4-PW Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff I Mizuno Wedges (Blue) 52_56_60 Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex I Scotty Cameron Newport 2.0 USA Edition I Taylormade Tour Preferred 

• 11 months later...

• 1 month later...

Made a few minor changes to the swing since spring break and im ball striking like never before. Just can't putt hahaaa. My index since spring break is 0.2

Note: This thread is 2684 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!