IGNORED

My Swing (Keany)

Keany
Note: This thread is 3093 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: One month.
My current handicap index or average score is: n/a
My typical ball flight is: Slice right
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Extreme slice right when driving.

(Bottles were attempting to eliminate a bad swing path)

Videos: 

[Delete this, Embed Videos Here]

Hi and welcome to the site,

First up, well done for having the courage to upload a 'normal' swing rather than one that you've artificially forced straight. I'd recommend you get a face-on view as well to help others who are better qualified than me diagnose, but I'd say the main issue would be your weight transfer - you want a lot of weight on your front foot at impact and whilst it's hard to see without the face-on view (something like this:)

You'll notice that the best players all get their weight forward at impact - watch your swing at slow speeds and I bet that you aren't. Like I say, there are other people who are better at helping with swing stuff than I am, but I'd also point you in the direction of this thread, which does a great job of explaining what you might want to change as well as why it works:

Hope some of this helps, but definitely get the second view and look at it in slow motion as well.

• Upvote 1

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 minutes ago, b101 said:

Hi and welcome to the site,

First up, well done for having the courage to upload a 'normal' swing rather than one that you've artificially forced straight. I'd recommend you get a face-on view as well to help others who are better qualified than me diagnose, but I'd say the main issue would be your weight transfer - you want a lot of weight on your front foot at impact and whilst it's hard to see without the face-on view (something like this:)

You'll notice that the best players all get their weight forward at impact - watch your swing at slow speeds and I bet that you aren't. Like I say, there are other people who are better at helping with swing stuff than I am, but I'd also point you in the direction of this thread, which does a great job of explaining what you might want to change as well as why it works:

Hope some of this helps, but definitely get the second view and look at it in slow motion as well.

Thank you for the help much appreciated !

Welcome @Keany! You have lots of good pieces in your swing. As @b101 said above you need to give a Face On version. It will help verify some assumptions. Without that though my eyes are first drawn to your backswing. Particularly how flat your shoulders are going back. This is probably a product of you not moving the shoulder down.

Screen Shot 2016-04-13 at 2.11.37 PM.png

Grahame is swinging an iron and you a driver, but your shoulders are still too flat. The idea is to get your right shoulder down.

Screen Shot 2016-04-13 at 2.24.24 PM.png

• Upvote 1

Michael

• Administrator

Please upload videos to YouTube or Vimeo, @Keany, and embed them here.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3093 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!