Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
i-Guy

Callaway Muscle Back Irons???

7 posts in this topic

Has anyone seen or heard about producing a muscle back iron for 2008? The reason I ask is Ernie Els is now playing a muscle back blade iron per the following quote from his website:

"My previous set of irons was cavity-backed and let me tell you, they’re great clubs. But for me, I felt that I needed something that would perhaps give me more control over the ball. In the past few months I just haven’t been hitting the ball close enough to the flags, so when I got back to London from playing in China and Singapore, I asked Callaway to make me up a set of muscle-back, blade irons.

The guys have done an amazing job. I spent some time at the factory getting fitted last week and fortunately I got a chance to hit quite a lot of balls at Wentworth, as well. These new irons look great and they feel great, too. They just help me shape my shots a little more easily through the air, which is the way I like to play. Always have done, to be honest. And you know, golf is a game of fractions and even the slightest little thing can really make a difference."

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I don't know, but if their X-forged irons are anything to go by, I wouldn't get too excited. They have to be the harshest feeling forging I've ever hit - just awful.

Ya, ive seen um, there really cool looking ^^

Thanks for the link...I personally do not like the look of them but then again I play

MP-60's ...

I don't know, but if their X-forged irons are anything to go by, I wouldn't get too excited. They have to be the harshest feeling forging I've ever hit - just awful.

To know that they're forged by Endo.