IGNORED

Hybrids

Note: This thread is 5773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you have a hybrid in your bag?

• Yes
    • No
    • Soon!

I've got Ram IW5 25 degree hybrid. I get it about a month ago for $10 from sports authority, didn't want to spend $100 & find out that I don't like it.
It's a pretty darn good club for the price.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

to anyone who doesnt carry a hybrid-

I was going to make a new post to say that I don't carry a hybrid but threads like this make me wonder if I should. I'll answer your question instead.

To answer your question and, to go back to why i still don't carry a hybrid, I haven't found one that I can hit any better than my three iron. I've been a good long-iron player for a long time and I haven't been able to justify the purchase. My normal "smoothed" 3-iron carries about 210 yards. If I want more distance off the tee or to a par 5, I can comfortably reach back and carry it 230-240. I never found a hybrid I could hit any further than that. Also, I've always hit my long irons high so the hybrid has no practical advantage there. Soooo, that's why I don't carry a hybrid. To be fair, I haven't tried any of the hybrid models of the last 1.5-2 years so maybe I should take another look?

Driver: R7 425 TP w/ stock Fujikura stiff shaft
Hybrid: 16 degree baffler pro with stiff Fujikura Speeder shaft
Irons: X-20 tour 3-PW w/ 6.0 Project X shafts
52 degree wedge: MR w/ Royal Spinner shaft
56 degree wedge: MR w/ Royal Spinner shaft60 degree wedge: MR w/ Royal Spinner shaftPutter:...

Gone thru the rigamarole of hybrids from my dunlop locos, to hibores to rescue duals to the G10 but I went back to my 2i 19* cleveland hibore as my one only hybrid. Funny thing is when I got my MX-900s a couple of weeks ago, its seen less action, thanks to the 4iron.

ISLAND PAR

In my Mizuno Bag:
TBD, MacGregor 4W(16*), 3H(20*),4H(23*), 5H(26*) Mizuno MX-900 6-PWAdams Watson 2010 Wedges (GW, SW, LW),Ping Wolverine Putter "But I thought you meant these golfers from our club when you said you needed SANDBAGGERS to help with the flood...

I picked up the Taylor mad in my sig on a steal , but thik I need to get rid of it for something with a stiffer shaft, the reg flew tends to propote a snap-hook when I over-swing.
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

After testing the following hybrids:

• Nike Sumo2 3i (20°)
  • PING G10 3i (21°)
  • Cleveland HiBore XLS 3i (22°)

i decided to buy the Ping G10 Hybrid. It gives me the confidence I need with the shot, and I will especially use it from the fairway or the rough (i'm a rookie, this will be my first hybrid)
Sumo 5000 Driver 11.5° Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana R-65
HiBore XLS Fairway 19° Fujikura FIT-ON Gold Regular
HiBore XLS Hybrid 24° Fujikura FIT-ON Gold Regular
CG Gold Irons 4-PW Cleveland Graphite 78g Regular
CG 14 Black Pearl Wedges 50°/8, 54°/12, 58°/12 Cleveland Traction Steel 125gRoss...

• 2 weeks later...
I play a 3 and 5 hybrid made by snake eyes
to me they are so much easier to hit than a 3 or a 4 iron so i had to switch
i used to play a callaway heavenwood but i switched from that because it had a bad fade to it.

Driver: TaylorMade r7 460 / 11.5 degrees
Irons: Titleist 822 OS (4, 5, 6)  Titleist 962 (7, 8, 9, P, G)
Putter: Tear Drop
Ball: Precept Laddie
Wedges: Golfsmith Snake Eyes 56 degrees / 60 degrees

18 Hole Low:  67   /  9 Hole Low:  31

I just switched this year to the Adams Idea Pro 3i and 4i...I like them very much as long as I don;t try and overdo it I carry the 3i about 230-235...If I really go for it I carry it about 180 out and 40 yards off line ....they are pretty good from the rough and the fairway.....very happy overall.

I do have a bit of a gap between the 5 iron though and my 4 hybrid......195-200 5i and about 220 with my 4i hybrid.....I just choke down a litttle on the hybrid and it seems to work out ok...

I cant get my sonartec in the air, I hit it long so its nice on longer par 5's but I cant hold a green with it

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

Yes, I use the taylormade rescue mid 2 and 3 hybrids. love them straight and long.

Burner Driver
Rescue mid 3 hybrid
695 CB irons
Vokey 54 degree wedge
900 58 degree wedge CG 12 52 degree wedge Rossa monte carlo 7

i have a ping g 10 21 degree and love it its great out of any lie and i can work the ball left and right like there is no tomorrow

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

I had a hybrid last year. I took it out this year since I am hitting my three wood five wood and 4 iron a lot better. So no hybrid now. Now is a keyword there.

In the bag:
905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder S
X 15* Fujikura R
X 19* Fujikura S
4-P MP-14 TT DGS300 53* 588 Gunmetal MP series 56-14 TT wedge MP-R 60-09 Rifle SpinnerDFX Two ball Pro V1

I had a TM Rescue Burner 19 with a reg shaft and hooked it too much.

Picked up the Sonartec 19 & 21's here on TST and LOVE them. the 19is quickly becoming a go-to club!
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

no hybrid for me . I love the 2 iron

MY BATS

DRIVER- :: 905r grafalloy prolite stiff 8.5*
WOODS-starship 15* 3 wood
IRONS-:mp 32 3- pw ,s 300WEDGES- 53 & 58 *PUTTER-scotty cameronBALL- hx tourBAG- stand bag

• 1 month later...
Man I have a Maltby 4i Hybrid - this thing is unbelievable, quickly becoming my favorite club. Easily 200 yards, you can really grip it and rip it and still get great accuracy from 200+ yards.

In my bag:
Driver: 907D1 10.5*, Aldila Spec-Grid S67 reg
Woods: Looking for a wood. Titleist 906F4 or Nike CPR.
Utility: CPR 2-3 hybrids, 22*-26*Irons: 755 Forged 4-PW, Tri-Spec Steel RegWedges: Vokey 200 series 56.10 SW, 60.04 LWPutter: Tracy 33"Ball: DT CarryI mark my Titleist by...

I have three in my bag. 3, 4, & 5 iron lofts. They are great because they get the ball in the air and I can hold the green with them.

Driver: MP-600 9.5 w/ Fujikura E360 Stiff Shaft
4 Wood: F-60 16.5 w/ Exsar FS3 Stiff Shaft
Irons:MP-57 3-PW w/ Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
Wedges: MP-R Black-Ni 52, 56, & 60
Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: ProV1/ProV1xGrips: Winn Xi7

Note: This thread is 5773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!