IGNORED

Location Ideas in the SE for Golf Tourney With Friends

tigerrag
Note: This thread is 2858 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So for the past two years I have started what I call the "Annual Cracked Open" where I get 12-20 friends together and we have a weekend of golf.  We are, for the most part, based in the Southeast, and mainly in the NC and SC areas.  The first year we had it at the Furman University Golf Club in Greenville, SC.  Last year we played at Rocky River in Concord (right outside of Charlotte).

So I am starting to brainstorm for next year's location and didn't know if you guys might have any ideas.  Here are a few things to help with what we are looking for:

1) Fairly accessable for folks that live mostly in the Southeast, spread from Birmingham, to Atlanta, Greenville SC, Charlotte, and Charleston

2) We are all in our late 20s and consider this a weekend to get together and enjoy each other's company while also playing some golf, so locations that either have cabins or the like, or are near cities/towns with some good bars is a plus.

3) Pretty reasonable cost-wise.  As much as I'd love to do a full weekend at Pinehurst or Harbor Towne, that just isn't in our wheelhouse just yet.

Here are the locations I am currently thinking about: Athens, Savannah, Raleigh, Asheville, Birmingham, Chattanooga, or Myrtle Beach.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Myrtle Beach sounds like the perfect fit for your criteria.

Pinehurst has over 40 courses in the Sandhills area. There are a ton of awesome tracks for around $40.

• Upvote 1

Titleist 915D2 10.5°
Titleist 913h 17°
Titleist 913h 21°
Titleist AP1 4-GW
Titleist Vokey SM4 54° and 58°
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar Putter

I'd second the suggestion for Myrtle Beach, you can do something for almost any budget, there are a ton of courses, and plenty of nightlife.  You could look at the Pinehurst area, it can be a lot cheaper if you stay outside of the Pinehurst resort and play non-Pinehurst courses.  To get an idea, check out

http://talamoregolfresort.com/golf_package_seasons/summer/?gclid=CMbqp7eezc0CFRRZhgod3EANsw

On the negative side, while there are lots of great places to eat, there isn't nearly as much nightlife there.  For both Myrtle Beach and Pinehurst, and I assume lots of the other places, off-peak times can be much less expensive too.  Summer in Pinehurst is pretty quiet, prices are down, and the golf is still good.

• Upvote 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2858 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!