IGNORED

@paininthenuts is a pain in the nuts

paininthenuts
Note: This thread is 2888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wow, I leave for a few hours and then this happens. Just a note from me (the big bad PC police), and I'll move on:

When I woke and checked for interesting overnight posts, I figured I was the first moderator to see @paininthenuts's legendary post, and I issued the warning (and hid) that the post was unnecessarily inflammatory. In my time here, I can count on my gloved hand the number of posts that seemed that outrageous. It was a no-brainer to me.

So why did I remove the post and warn him? Well, when I go to a nice restaurant, I feel I owe it to the proprietor to ensure I maintain a level of decorum that reflects well on the place. Out of that respect, I typically enjoy good service, good value. I'd never let my daughter show up in ripped jeans, for example. Are ripped jeans offensive to me? Not really. But just not appropriate in that setting. 

Likewise, in my time here at TST, I also feel we owe the proprietors that same respect, and they should expect of us posters a certain level of decorum. And I don't mean snooty or high-brow, mainly it gets back to "don't be a jerk." It's just a matter of us showing respect for their service (the excellent site, the assistance, etc) and us helping to provide an environment where we continue to get good value. Good golf information. Collegial environment.

The post that @iacas ended up showing you above just jumped out at me this morning as crossing a line of being disrespectful to the site because it would detract from the primary focus on golf. Perhaps ridiculous, but I could've seen it possibly going viral in non-golf sites, with twitter showing how awful TST is to tolerate that... who knows? And for what it's worth, I'd have zero objection with a strong opinion posted about a golf topic that was controversial- as long as there was substance behind it. Strong opinions are great for the site.

So that was the context for the warning/removal of post. If the proprietors continue to trust me to do the same in the future, I'll gladly do the same. If they want me to back off, they'll go behind closed doors and smack me around a little. Fair enough- their call. Enough said on the whole topic.

Spoiler

Oh last thing: I'd gladly have a pint with anyone and share any and all thoughts we have on topics of the world. I may not agree with them (as I didn't in this case), but I'd hear you out and counter it. This just isn't the right place for the tougher topics on world affairs.

Oh, and I'm letting my daughter wear ripped jeans right now too. But that's because we were at a farmer's market all morning.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Ernest Jones said:

So you're using more bigotry in an effort to demonstrate that you are not a bigot?

Technically, I think his comment about different African nationalities was more bigoted / xenophobic than explicitly racist. It may have (but wasn't likely) a coincidence that they were all nations / cultures in Africa. But a minor distinction given his general narrow-mindedness and inclination to be offensive. It's this type of POV that will lose Scotland for them.

Edited by natureboy

Kevin

On 7/3/2016 at 1:47 PM, Chilli Dipper said:

giphy.gif

This makes my request to stop posting your round commentaries in the GAME Golf thread seem insignificant.

jon-stewart-popcorn.gif

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

free_speech.png

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

I have never received even a warning, and I'm an open Trump supporter! 

This site is great for the golf talk and a little OT stuff between golf buddies. Most of us find ways to convey our points without the need to get hostile toward anyone, here or otherwise. 

This original poster is just a troll, which in my experience, means they are best to be ignored. 

- Mark

FWIW, I just had a 40 minute cab ride with a Somolian driver. Funny and engaging guy once I broke the ice. Not even remotely close to @paininthenuts characterization. Very friendly. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• iacas changed the title to @paininthenuts is a pain in the nuts
  • billchao locked this topic
Note: This thread is 2888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!