IGNORED

St. Andrews Trip - DIY, OCE, or 3rd Party?

Note: This thread is 2863 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

(edited)

Planning a trip for next summer, looks cheaper to book it all myself, but worried about securing guaranteed tee time through the Advanced Booking Ballot. A buddy of mine and I plan to play the Old & New Courses as well as Carnoustie. Short trip. Obviously the Old Course Experience is the most expensive way of doings it, but it offers the warm fuzzy feeling that everything's taken car of. Any experiences/recommendations on doing it yourself, vs using the OCE, or 3rd party booking?

Edited by woodzie264
Additional info

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to St. Andrews Trip - DIY, OCE, or 3rd Party?

I went to St Andrews in 2011 and 2012, and each time I made the arrangements myself for 8 players.  We booked the Old Course through the advanced reservation system.  I'd recommend you do that yourselves.  If you're flexible give yourselves the largest possible range of available dates, and I'd bet that you're very likely to get a time.  You can make the booking at Carnoustie once you hear back from St. Andrews, as well as your flights and lodging.  If you're not successful, you can explore the other options, but it makes sense to me to look at the least expensive option first.  If I can help in any way, feel free to post here, or send me a personal message.

Good luck, St Andrews is an incredible experience.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

I went to St Andrews in 2011 and 2012, and each time I made the arrangements myself for 8 players.  We booked the Old Course through the advanced reservation system.  I'd recommend you do that yourselves.  If you're flexible give yourselves the largest possible range of available dates, and I'd bet that you're very likely to get a time.  You can make the booking at Carnoustie once you hear back from St. Andrews, as well as your flights and lodging.  If you're not successful, you can explore the other options, but it makes sense to me to look at the least expensive option first.  If I can help in any way, feel free to post here, or send me a personal message.

Good luck, St Andrews is an incredible experience.

Thanks man - appreciate the encouraging advice 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Note: This thread is 2863 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!