IGNORED

Driver heads and shaft - interchangeable?

Note: This thread is 2835 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi, 

I suspect I can guess the answer to this, but I'm struggling to find out whether the shaft I have for my Callaway X2 Hot driver would be interchangeable with other heads. I got fitted for the Project X Black shaft a while back, but the fitter suggested the head wouldn't make much difference until I got the spin down. It's getting there, but before I go back to the fitter, I'd want to have done some research of my own into what I like and don't like. My guess would be that it'll fit other Callaway heads due to the Optifit system, but no other brand's stuff. If anyone knows for sure, it'd be appreciated!

Thanks,

Ben

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The Advanced Opti-fit Shaft Adaptor fits the XR, XR Pro, Opti Force, Great Big Bertha, BB 816, V Series, BB Alpha 815, Big Bertha, BB Alpha, Mini, 1.5, X2 Hot Drivers and Fairways.

• Upvote 1

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Sorry to hi jack this topic but was just what i was trying to research. 

I've got a cobra amp cell with a stiff shaft. Following on from a few lessons earlier this year, i can hit my irons and 3 wood which are all stiff shafts pretty well with, on the whole, a tight draw.

However i now can't use my driver at all. My normal swing seems to result in a high miss right. Like straight right. Or if i try and tinker with the swing speed, it'll could result in a bad hook. 

A guy at the golf course who plays off a low handicap suggested it could be that the shaft is too flexible. And it definitely does seem much more flexible than my 3 wood. 

He hit 2 shots with my driver and they went exactly like my shots. High right, and short.

He then let me hit a shot with his titleist 915 and i hit the best drive I've hit in a long time. 

Is it worth looking into changing the shaft on its own or is it better to wait until i can afford to change the whole lot? 

I can hit my 3 wood longer than my driver at the minute so it's basically wasting space in my bag!!

Thanks a lot for your time

On 7/14/2016 at 4:38 PM, b101 said:

Hi, 

I suspect I can guess the answer to this, but I'm struggling to find out whether the shaft I have for my Callaway X2 Hot driver would be interchangeable with other heads. I got fitted for the Project X Black shaft a while back, but the fitter suggested the head wouldn't make much difference until I got the spin down. It's getting there, but before I go back to the fitter, I'd want to have done some research of my own into what I like and don't like. My guess would be that it'll fit other Callaway heads due to the Optifit system, but no other brand's stuff. If anyone knows for sure, it'd be appreciated!

Thanks,

Ben

Your current adapter will not fit other brands. There is a universal adapter out that you could change the shaft to and be able to use it on any of the top drivers.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Note: This thread is 2835 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!