IGNORED

Finally hitting a draw!

Note: This thread is 2838 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Couldn't be happier that I've managed to finally turn my fade/slice in to a draw, feels like it's been an epic journey, I even gave up for a couple of years because I got that frustrated with not being able to shake that over the top swing. But I've finally done it! Can't quite get a full draw on my drive every time but it's either going straight or drawing a little. 

Question though, I don't seem to be getting the same 'sweet spot' feel when I strike my driver, it feels weak. I'm guessing I'm not hitting the ball with the Center of the club face. I'm gonna put something on my club face tomorrow and see where my ball strick is. Any tips on sticking the ball dead Center?

Delighted to hear it - it's a journey many golfers never make! I would do exactly what you're planning to do with anything to mark the face and go from there. It's possible that you're getting the draw by hitting it out of the toe (but I'd hope not!). Once you've done that, I'd just adjust your setup to stand either a little closer or further away from the ball and would guess that would sort it. If you're still having issues, then maybe look into it further with an instructor, but make sure that they can explain why as well as just telling you what to do.

Keep it up though and well done :-)

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for the reply, 

i hope it's not just me hitting the ball with the toe either!! I'm pretty happy that it's not (just) that, I'm leaving a nice in-to-out diviot with my irons and striking them well. 

Now you mention it, recently I did spent some time completely rebuilding my swing and I did start setting up a bit closer, as I had crept out quite a way. Maybe it's that? Either way, has to be an easier fix than the last haha.

thsnks again. 

Note: This thread is 2838 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!