IGNORED

If Meat Eaters Acted Like Vegans...

jsgolfer
Note: This thread is 2804 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was thinking about this thread yesterday as I was noshing on oxtails, shanks and short ribs. Though we did some veggies too. I was the flipside, urging the oxtail haters to put down the over priced short ribs and try some. Should have taken pics for the food thread. Three hours in the smoker then eight in the crock-pot with corn on the cob, green beans, onion and bock choy.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 8/14/2016 at 3:07 PM, Rainmaker said:

We had this group of friends that we met when we first got to town.  They were all mostly vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, etc.  I used to call them "The no-fun hippies".  Worst dinner parties ever.  And they were all pretty much pains in the asses about everything . . especially parenting because it was a new parents social group type thing.  If they saw you let your kid eat a hotdog . . .oh man . . .

And let me tell you something about gluten free vegan cupcakes . .they freaking suck!  I hope I never see another one again as long as I live.  Man, I'm glad we're out of that group, lol. 

This just brought up what must have been a repressed memory because I haven't thought of it in a long time.

I got stuck going to a vegetarian Thanksgiving dinner many years ago. The food, conversation and atmosphere were all equally bland. But that wasn't the worst part. 

I was asked to bring my guitar and a few of us were sitting around playing different songs. Someone would ask "do you know this song"... we'd show the chord progressions and everyone would play along. It was beginning to become the only enjoyable part of the day. That is until I asked "Any of you guys know Whipping Post by the Allman Brothers Band?"

It was like their world - and any enjoyment on my part - had come to a complete halt. 

The hippies looked at one another, all with bizarre, worried looks on their faces. I'm wondering wtf I did wrong when one of them replied "I don't know man... that song might be a bit too heavy".

I guess they were worried their wives would get pissed or something. The irony...

Jon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, JonMA1 said:

This just brought up what must have been a repressed memory because I haven't thought of it in a long time.

I got stuck going to a vegetarian Thanksgiving dinner many years ago. The food, conversation and atmosphere were all equally bland. But that wasn't the worst part. 

I was asked to bring my guitar and a few of us were sitting around playing different songs. Someone would ask "do you know this song"... we'd show the chord progressions and everyone would play along. It was beginning to become the only enjoyable part of the day. That is until I asked "Any of you guys know Whipping Post by the Allman Brothers Band?"

It was like their world - and any enjoyment on my part - had come to a complete halt. 

The hippies looked at one another, all with bizarre, worried looks on their faces. I'm wondering wtf I did wrong when one of them replied "I don't know man... that song might be a bit too heavy".

I guess they were worried their wives would get pissed or something. The irony...

Hahahaaaaaaa!

Note: This thread is 2804 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!