IGNORED

My Swing (dbldian)

dbldian
Note: This thread is 2797 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 4 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 22
My typical ball flight is: push fade (w/ driver) slight push (w/ long irons) push draw (w/ short irons) 
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: push fade

I've been having a lot of trouble with my driver this year. For the most part, I am pretty good from 185 yards (4i) and in. I've been measured on radar and my iron swing is about 2.4 degrees inside out with a face to path of 1.6 degrees right. So my typical iron shot is a slight push fade (i'm working on getting the face closed).

However, I pretty much have to play for bogey on par 4s and 5s because my drive usually ends up in the trees. Drives that do hit the fairway usually only roll out to 200-210 yards because of my slice.

Is the slice due to an out to in swing path or a heel strike? Why is my path out to in with the driver but not with the irons?

Videos: 

Are you trying to aim directly between the two tall grasses at each side of the fairway on the first video?  To me it looks like your club face is aimed there and your feet and shoulders are aimed way left.  The experts will hopefully chime in to give you actual swing advice, but you might want to check your alignment.   Wouldn't it be nice if it were as simple as that?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, allenc said:

Are you trying to aim directly between the two tall grasses at each side of the fairway on the first video?  To me it looks like your club face is aimed there and your feet and shoulders are aimed way left.  The experts will hopefully chime in to give you actual swing advice, but you might want to check your alignment.   Wouldn't it be nice if it were as simple as that?

i was actually aiming for the left side of the fairway (slightly to the right of the left grass mound). This one happened to be more of a pure slice instead of a push slice.

Note: This thread is 2797 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!