IGNORED

Titleist Irons (Next Release)

Note: This thread is 2759 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Have looked around on the internet and only see info on the next 917 Driver release, but was wondering if anyone knew when Titleist was going to announce/release their next line of AP1/AP2 series of irons?  I have been looking at the 716 line, but thought I would wait to see when they release the next ones to see which ones I want to get.

I thought they released clubs every 2 years or so. My guess is they would be released next fall given they released the 716s in the fall last year.

Edited by JxQx

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2016 is the year for drivers/woods. I suspect in 2017 you will start to see the new irons at the quicken loans national, where they usually release gear to the pros.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

718 is the expected name of the next generation irons, so as others said, you won't see them until next year.  

Joe Paradiso

I can't imagine the next release of irons are going to be revolutionary enough to wait over a year to get.  Only reason I may wait is hoping the 716's come down in price, but I am not sure they will come down enough that's worth the wait.  Same applies to the 915 driver.  Not sure the 917 is going to be that much better to spend an extra $150+ to get instead of the 915D2.

16 minutes ago, Divotmaker77 said:

I can't imagine the next release of irons are going to be revolutionary enough to wait over a year to get.  Only reason I may wait is hoping the 716's come down in price, but I am not sure they will come down enough that's worth the wait.  Same applies to the 915 driver.  Not sure the 917 is going to be that much better to spend an extra $150+ to get instead of the 915D2.

I agree, and if you look many people prefer the 714 line of AP2's over the 716.  

Joe Paradiso

15 hours ago, Divotmaker77 said:

It rarely is.   I have the 913 driver and hitting the ball longer than any other time in my life.  I doubt plunking down for a 915 right now is going to get me anything for the price.   Which is why I think a 2-3 year product cycle makes sense.

—Adam

3 hours ago, imsys0042 said:

It rarely is.   I have the 913 driver and hitting the ball longer than any other time in my life.  I doubt plunking down for a 915 right now is going to get me anything for the price.   Which is why I think a 2-3 year product cycle makes sense.

They already have a 2 year product cycle.

I went from a 913 D2 and was fit for a 915 D4 and am averaging 22 yards more. It was probably more related to the shaft, but the lower spinning D4 head makes a bid difference. Ill be interested in hitting the 917, but my 915 is only a few months old, so I dont think Ill upgrade just yet. 

Kyle Paulhus

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

36 minutes ago, kpaulhus said:

They already have a 2 year product cycle.

I went from a 913 D2 and was fit for a 915 D4 and am averaging 22 yards more. It was probably more related to the shaft, but the lower spinning D4 head makes a bid difference. Ill be interested in hitting the 917, but my 915 is only a few months old, so I dont think Ill upgrade just yet. 

Yes, I know.   And I like that they do.  :)

My point is that I don't think there is much benefit year to year, unless there is a completely new technology in play.  I doubt I could get anything worth a new driver purchase within 2 years because I've been shaft and loft fitted with the 913D3 I have.   The fitting and an adjustment to my driver setup has given me a boost in length and a better trajectory.  

22 yards is a nice pickup.   I was lucky and the second best shaft based on the numbers was the one I had.   Did you have yours modified, or were you able to be fit and then order the shaft you wanted?

—Adam

1 hour ago, imsys0042 said:

Yes, I know.   And I like that they do.  :)

My point is that I don't think there is much benefit year to year, unless there is a completely new technology in play.  I doubt I could get anything worth a new driver purchase within 2 years because I've been shaft and loft fitted with the 913D3 I have.   The fitting and an adjustment to my driver setup has given me a boost in length and a better trajectory.  

22 yards is a nice pickup.   I was lucky and the second best shaft based on the numbers was the one I had.   Did you have yours modified, or were you able to be fit and then order the shaft you wanted?

I was fit, told it was going to be around $750 brand new, so I found the exact same club on ebay for $370.

Kyle Paulhus

Note: This thread is 2759 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!