IGNORED

Burnt out

Valleygolfer
Note: This thread is 2796 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I always go through it this time of year, just within my own game. We have had 3 weekends in a row of major course tournaments on top of weekly men's league, on top of coaching the golf team. I am at the point right now where I'm just trying to avoid swinging a club for 2-3 days to just recoup. Also, I find the burnout happens when there is a lot of serious playing so I'm looking forward to a week or two of just going out and smacking the ball around with no worries on score or anything, just having fun trying out shots and such. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

19 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

Yesterday I was pretty sour after my round and out right pissed about golf. I sat back and thought about the round and realized I hit a lot of good shots, except with the driver. Every drive was poor or even horrible. Then I realized that my drives have hurt my game severely in all of my latest rounds and are the main reason I am not enjoying playing. The drives have been a mess, leaving me with frequent punch outs(not being able to go for the green) or penalties. This creates quite few poor second shots that I had not been dealing with for in quite a while.

It's not like I haven't been working on my drives but the range work has not been carrying over. As much as I hate to do it, I am putting the driver away for a little while.

I've been hitting driver a lot less lately due to inconsistency. The shot zone is very wide. I use it only on holes that I can't get into trouble. My 5w goes about 200 and is much more accurate. I still work on the driver when I can, but still have issues on the course. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

35 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I've been hitting driver a lot less lately due to inconsistency. The shot zone is very wide. I use it only on holes that I can't get into trouble. My 5w goes about 200 and is much more accurate. I still work on the driver when I can, but still have issues on the course. 

I'm in the same boat. I played 9 last night with only the three wood off the tee. I did manage a 265 yard drive with it (in the fairway) :-P. I out drove the two guys I was playing with by a few feet. The one guy is a total club ***** and had to check what I was hitting. I am sure he was a little miffed when he saw it was a 10 year old three wood.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Note: This thread is 2796 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!