IGNORED

My Swing (dazza78)

dazza78
Note: This thread is 2861 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 1.5 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 25
My typical ball flight is: Draw
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: topping the ball/hook

Videos: 

Edited by dazza78

I'd have to say your swing looks pretty good.  Maybe a little more bend in your knees (like sitting on a stool).  Topping the ball and hooking for me is typically not staying down through impact and the wrists flipping.  The not staying down can be because of not starting with weight transfer to the left foot.

• Upvote 1

In my bag: Cobra Bio Cell 10.5º driver ;  Cobra Bio Cell 3w;  Mizuno MP H4 3 - PW;  Mizuno MP T4 52º GW, 56º SW, 60º LW
Favorite ball Titleist Pro-V
One HIO....LUCK.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, metbid said:

I'd have to say your swing looks pretty good.  Maybe a little more bend in your knees (like sitting on a stool).  Topping the ball and hooking for me is typically not staying down through impact and the wrists flipping.  The not staying down can be because of not starting with weight transfer to the left foot.

Thanks for the feedback. I will try that out.

I think your knees are breaking to the rear way too much.   Take a look at a pro golfer's swing, what happens at the top of the back swing with his knees and legs, and then compare that to your own video.   I think that right knee has to brace more and not bend to the rear.  I'm saying your right knee should not be pointing to the rear at the top of the back swing.  Your knees are swaying.   Maybe keep your weight on the inside of the right foot and don't roll your foot. 

Also, you're releasing the club too early.  You could have more lag.  You could keep the angle between the club shaft and your arms and don't straighten out until your hands get further along in the swing.  

Also, you have this Tiger Woods- like dip on the downswing.   I don't think that's good.  

Nice turn and finish. 

All this is just my opinion as a fellow hacker.   You're doing great.  You look very fit.   I'll bet in a year you will have cut your handicap in half, because it looks like you have some ability. 

Edited by Marty2019
  • Upvote 1

Hi @dazza78, yeah the hips are swaying back causing some issues on the downswing and overall just making the entire move more complicated. I'd recommend this drill, the guy in the "before" pic looks similar to you backswing.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Thank you I will try that

10 minutes ago, mvmac said:

Hi @dazza78, yeah the hips are swaying back causing some issues on the downswing and overall just making the entire move more complicated. I'd recommend this drill, the guy in the "before" pic looks similar to you backswing.

So my hips should go left on the backswing, and I'm moving them right is that correct? ?

11 hours ago, dazza78 said:

Thank you I will try that

So my hips should go left on the backswing, and I'm moving them right is that correct? ?

They should turn in place, centered. If you drew a line on your right hip at address you would want to create a little space away from that line during the backswing because the trail hip will move back and around. Basically turn the hips, don't slide them back (or forward towards the target).

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

16 hours ago, dazza78 said:

Thanks Marty some kind words!

Obviously one of the numerous professional instructors who inhabit thesandtrap.com can tell you better than I can, but in thinking about your knee action, that backward knee sway can be cured.  If you start with both your knees flexed, then on the back swing the right knee should straighten a little and the left knee should flex forward a little.   Instead of both knees rotating to the rear. 

Just stand up right now, take an address position without a club, and do a slow back swing with your right knee straightening (not locking, just straightening a little) and your left knee flexing a little.   That's what you should be doing instead of turning both knees to the rear.  Notice how your knee caps stay pointing towards the ball and don't rotate towards the rear.  Keep your weight on the inside of your right foot.   This will give you a better coil and more power. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
4 hours ago, dazza78 said:

Hi All, does anyone have any other good drills to get my hip rotation sorted, struggling.  Also my flexibility isn't too great.

It's not a matter of flexibility here. You have plenty of flexibility. Can we see an updated video with you making a good turn? Even if it's just with a club across your shoulders.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
3 hours ago, dazza78 said:

Thanks here you go:-

Have you checked out the golf posture thread? I am not sure what you're working on right at the moment, but I'd let the neck soften so you can relax more at setup and look directly at the ball instead of out of the bottom of your eyes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Hip rotation and posture, I was hoping you would see some improvement in posture compared to previously? Where I was hunched up in a c shape, I'm trying to get closer to the ball too

Note: This thread is 2861 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!