IGNORED

Reidy Creek Golf Course Escondido CA

Note: This thread is 2792 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

@No Mulligans.....I got the chance to look up Tecolote Canyon as it has been many years since I played there. It looks pretty interesting and I will probably pay them a visit soon. I see they now offer Foot Golf. I can't say I would like that much, but as long as it does not interfere with normal Golf, I guess to each his own.  You might want to look into Reidy Creek Golf Course in Escondido if you like the executive course format. It is pretty challenging. There is also Oaks North in  Rancho Bernardo. I believe they have three different starting holes which makes it a bit interesting. I seldom play executive courses, but I can see the benefit in sharpening up your irons game.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hi @Hacker James 

Tecolote suits me well;

- It's in a canyon so it's scenic and there are no houses to hit.  Also there are not many spots on the course where you have to worry about getting hit by someones golf ball.

- I mostly play early on the weekdays and get through 18 in about 2 hours.  That is about the ideal amount of time to play for me and the main reason I play executive courses.  (18 hole full course rounds with the probability of taking 4 or more hours, I only do those once in a while.)

- I'm a Players Club member at Tecolote.  I get discounted tee times and free range balls.

The draw back for me is I only get to use my driver 4 times on that course and I pretty much never need my fairway wood (4w) or my 3 and 4 hybrid.  I could tee off on the par fours with those but I want to hit driver.  Playing from the tips, which is what I do, I do use the rest of the bag (Driver and 5i through wedges).  At Tecolote I advice playing from the tips so you can play a larger variety of clubs.

Another drawback is the fairways can be a bit ragged in places.  I just rationalize that ragged conditions just make me stronger.  The greens are real nice though and have tricky slopes and undulations.

And fyi, Tecolote is the only executive course in the country designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr. and Sam Snead.  The layout is really pretty cool, it definitely has a lot of character.

Speaking of playing shorter rounds... I'm playing Torrey South this late afternoon, tee time 4:40.  This really can't be much longer than 2 & 1/2 hours as it will be dark.  I'll see how many holes I can get in.  I like playing late twilight rounds at Torrey North and just playing nine, can't wait till they reopen the North.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2792 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!