IGNORED

Proforce V2 High Launch

Note: This thread is 5970 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Does anyone have any experience with this shaft? And if so what were they? Good or bad? Right now I have a very low ball flight, literally feet off the ground and wanted to get this shaft to make my ball flight higher, obviously. My average driver swing speed is 95-97 mph, my average driver is 215-220 yards, and my ball flight is generally straight. Please don't tell me to go to a fitter as I know this, and I am scheduled for a fitting on monday, I just am interested in this shaft and would like some opinions about how it performs. It is hard to try a lot of different shafts since I live in Alaska and their aren't many place to try different shafts. Thanks in advance for the info.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Here's how I'm reading this. You're going to see a fitter but want an opinion on whether this is a good shaft or not? Yes it is and no it isn't. The V2 is a very good quality shaft and it performs great so long as it is a correct fit for that person.

I've installed this shaft for a few people because it was a good fit for them and helped optimize their swing. But just because it works well for a few people doesn't mean I'm going to recommend it to everyone.

You're going to see a fitter and that's great! Does this help?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

How about using a driver with more than 9.5 degrees of loft?

Just a thought.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-3 10° Diamana Blueboard 63 Stiff
Fairway: 904F 15° Purple Ice 75 Stiff
Fairway: 904F 19° YS-6+ StiffHybrid: Idea A2 20° Aldila NV 85 StiffIrons: Silver Scot Forged MB 4-PW, Rifle 6.0 ShaftsGap Wedge: Silver Scot Forged 52Sand/Lob Wedge: Vokey SM 58.12 Put...

Here's how I'm reading this. You're going to see a fitter but want an opinion on whether this is a good shaft or not? Yes it is and no it isn't. The V2 is a very good quality shaft and it performs great so long as it is a correct fit for that person.

Yes it does, and I do know that it won't work for everyone, but I did that generic fitting on their website and it suggested that shaft for me. I understand what your saying and thank you.

How about using a driver with more than 9.5 degrees of loft?

This problem has just occurred as of late, and it is because I have changed my swing drastically. Over the summer I had a good boring flight with the driver. I am not sure why but my short irons and wedges have a higher ball flight, where I want it, but my driver, 3 wood, and 3 iron are very low.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

• 4 weeks later...
How's this for a first post?

I was playing a 905 R with the Stock Stiff Titleist Speeder shaft. Although I could make it work playing a "snap draw" the shaft produced way too much backspin. I did a little research and decided to go with the UST V2 X-Flex 76 g 2.2 Torque. The golf shop put in the wrong shaft. They ordered the High Launch. (Long Story behind this) They told me to try it out & I could bring it back due to their mistake.

My swing speed on average is around 115, but gets up to low 120's when I go after it. The shop spined & tipped the shaft 1/2 inch plus the head is a bore through.

The shaft produced an extremely High Ball Flight for me, but with low spin. It's amazing the difference of a quality shaft vs the stock for someone with a high swing speed. The dispersion is much more consistant than with the speeder. I noticed a huge difference playing into the wind, even with a high shot. Close to 30 yards.

I took the club back and hit it on the launch monitor and was achieving close to a 15 deg launch angle. Too much, so my original request is being ordered. I think this shaft combo and setup would be perfect for someone who "sweeps" at the ball or is swinging under 110 mph. I could have made it work, but it was just too high. Still a great shaft for the price!

I honestly believe your fitter will tell you that a 9.5* loft on your driver is too low for your swingspeed. If you are only carrying the ball 220 yards I am guessing your swingspeed is in the mid to low 90's and a 10.5 to even a 11* loft on your driver will give you a good launch angle of around 12 to 12.5*. The shaft you mention will help some, but the head loft is the item that really needs to be checked.

Ping hoofer bag Ping G15 10.5* Driver, stock reg shaft Ping G15 3 metal, Aldila 75g Stiff shaft Ping G15 5 metal, Aldila 75g Stiff shaft Mizuno MP 69 3-PW irons, DG S300 shafts Mizuno MP R12 black nickel 52* and 56* gap and sand wedges, DG spinner W+ shafts Mizuno 20* FLiHi Clk hybrids, Project X 5.5 shaft 25 year old Bulls Eye putter, 33" or Ping Anser 2 Scottsdale 34" First round of golf was in 1963 at age 10. Best round -1. 2 Holes-In-One.

I think your club fitting session may prove that this is a good shaft. It's low kick point and high torque might be perfect for your average speed and low ball flight. But like other's have shared, a greater loft may be better solution. In my experience, this shaft was too whippy and I couldn't hit it straight unless I slowed down my swing. I changed to their ProLaunch Red Stiff and absolutely love it!

www.artfulgolfer.com

Does anyone have any experience with this shaft? And if so what were they? Good or bad? Right now I have a very low ball flight, literally feet off the ground and wanted to get this shaft to make my ball flight higher, obviously. My average driver swing speed is 95-97 mph, my average driver is 215-220 yards, and my ball flight is generally straight. Please don't tell me to go to a fitter as I know this, and I am scheduled for a fitting on monday, I just am interested in this shaft and would like some opinions about how it performs. It is hard to try a lot of different shafts since I live in Alaska and their aren't many place to try different shafts. Thanks in advance for the info.

95-97 mph swing speed is in the middle of regular/stiff flex for UST. But I'd suggest that you get the regular for more feel and a bit higher trajectory. My swing speed is the same as yours and I've been using UST V2 in regular flex for quite some time. Honestly I'm happy with the mid-high boring trajectory it provides. So I think you should try the regular flex instead of stiff.

I am not sure why but my short irons and wedges have a higher ball flight, where I want it, but my driver, 3 wood, and 3 iron are very low.

Short irons and wedges have higher ball flight? Of course they do! I'm just curious as to how low do you expect them to be?

The reason why you're not hitting 3 wood or 3 iron high is because you don't have enough swing speed to get the ball up or you're not loading properly. Try 4-hybrid and compare it to your 3 iron and see the significant differences. I'd bet you'll hit hybrid higher and farther even though it has weaker loft. That's why hybrid is popular for replacing long irons these days.
What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

95-97 mph swing speed is in the middle of regular/stiff flex for UST. But I'd suggest that you get the regular for more feel and a bit higher trajectory. My swing speed is the same as yours and I've been using UST V2 in regular flex for quite some time. Honestly I'm happy with the mid-high boring trajectory it provides. So I think you should try the regular flex instead of stiff.

In Maui I put a stiff V2 in my SUMO, after hitting on a launch monitor, my swing speed average was 98 mph, and when I hit at the range the next day I was carrying the ball on average about 250.

Short irons and wedges have higher ball flight? Of course they do! I'm just curious as to how low do you expect them to be?

I meant extremely high, and my pro and I figured it out, with my shorter irons and wedges I was casting at the bottom making them go extremely high.

The reason why you're not hitting 3 wood or 3 iron high is because you don't have enough swing speed to get the ball up or you're not loading properly. Try 4-hybrid and compare it to your 3 iron and see the significant differences. I'd bet you'll hit hybrid higher and farther even though it has weaker loft. That's why hybrid is popular for replacing long irons these days.

And the reason why my longer clubs weren't getting up wasn't because of swing speed, it was because after my swing change I was shutting the club way to much, making the 3 wood essentially a driver off the deck.

I honestly believe your fitter will tell you that a 9.5* loft on your driver is too low for your swingspeed. If you are only carrying the ball 220 yards I am guessing your swingspeed is in the mid to low 90's and a 10.5 to even a 11* loft on your driver will give you a good launch angle of around 12 to 12.5*. The shaft you mention will help some, but the head loft is the item that really needs to be checked.

To tell you the truth I was thinking the same thing, and after my two fittings and talking to a local pro about this everyone of them said that the 9.5* was not to low.

Here's what I play:

In Maui I put a stiff V2 in my SUMO, after hitting on a launch monitor, my swing speed average was 98 mph, and when I hit at the range the next day I was carrying the ball on average about 250.

Then the V2 High Launch should help you then. Keep us posted.

Ping hoofer bag Ping G15 10.5* Driver, stock reg shaft Ping G15 3 metal, Aldila 75g Stiff shaft Ping G15 5 metal, Aldila 75g Stiff shaft Mizuno MP 69 3-PW irons, DG S300 shafts Mizuno MP R12 black nickel 52* and 56* gap and sand wedges, DG spinner W+ shafts Mizuno 20* FLiHi Clk hybrids, Project X 5.5 shaft 25 year old Bulls Eye putter, 33" or Ping Anser 2 Scottsdale 34" First round of golf was in 1963 at age 10. Best round -1. 2 Holes-In-One.

Note: This thread is 5970 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!