IGNORED

Took a Drive to the Foot the other day…

BristolGolf
Note: This thread is 2738 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My mate steps up to the tee and was feeling the pressure as we had three groundsman and a two ball that caught us up watching - due to the number of people I stand off to the right of him, he launches his drive with a wild low running slice which proceeds to hit me straight in the soft leather of my shoe. I pause. Let it sink in, then hit the deck screaming in pain. Great golfing moments. 

14702352_10154617699522350_3239964360530720562_n.jpg

Edited by BristolGolf

In my bag: 
Irons: TaylorMade M2,  Woods: TaylorMade M2 5 Wood , Driver: TaylorMade Aero Burner mini driver  Hybrid: Some crappy Wilson 4H Putter: Some crappy Wilson HDX putter. 

You will notice that my set is heavy on the super game improvement kit, I am still awaiting the super game improvement that was promised. 

Dude, that must have hurt. On the bright side, I'm sure the audience was entertained.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, woodzie264 said:

Dude, that must have hurt. On the bright side, I'm sure the audience was entertained.

I don't think there was a single dry eye due to laughter, I am sure it will go down in their own personal golfing tales for years to come, my mate as quick as a flash looks at the two ball and said "maybe you should play through". 

In my bag: 
Irons: TaylorMade M2,  Woods: TaylorMade M2 5 Wood , Driver: TaylorMade Aero Burner mini driver  Hybrid: Some crappy Wilson 4H Putter: Some crappy Wilson HDX putter. 

You will notice that my set is heavy on the super game improvement kit, I am still awaiting the super game improvement that was promised. 

9 minutes ago, BristolGolf said:

My mate steps up to the tee and was feeling the pressure as we had three groundsman and a two ball that caught us up watching - due to the number of people I stand off to the right of him, he launches his drive with a wild low running slice which proceeds to hit me straight in the soft leather of my shoe. I pause. Let it sink in, then hit the deck screaming in pain. Great golfing moments. 

14702352_10154617699522350_3239964360530720562_n.jpg

Is that a dog you have growing on the end of your big toe ?

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

2 minutes ago, paininthenuts said:

Is that a dog you have growing on the end of your big toe ?

Cavachon ! His names Ted. He also likes golf, well my golf gloves, shoes, practice balls and anything else he can find. 

In my bag: 

1 hour ago, BristolGolf said:

he launches his drive with a wild low running slice which proceeds to hit me straight in the soft leather of my shoe

Ouch- but are you sure it was just a "low running slice" or are you just being generous with the language. Sounds like he had to shank it or hit with the very toe of the club to send one so off-line to hit you.  I think of a low running slice as maybe clipping someone at a PGA gallery when they form one of those narrow tunnels off the tee. 

Or maybe you were well forward of the tee box? In any case, I guess just be glad is wasn't a higher (as in head level) slice!! And I suppose that from now on, that guy's "cone of vulnerability" has significantly widened for where you can stand in the future!

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

(edited)
7 minutes ago, RandallT said:

Ouch- but are you sure it was just a "low running slice" or are you just being generous with the language. Sounds like he had to shank it or hit with the very toe of the club to send one so off-line to hit you.  I think of a low running slice as maybe clipping someone at a PGA gallery when they form one of those narrow tunnels off the tee. 

Or maybe you were well forward of the tee box? In any case, I guess just be glad is wasn't a higher (as in head level) slice!! And I suppose that from now on, that guy's "cone of vulnerability" has significantly widened for where you can stand in the future!

I was being very generous with my language :-)  It was more of an ugly hacking swing with a god awful shank (he is a righty and the ball went right and ground level low). I was stood forward and right - a stupid place to stand, so I also have myself to blame. I am standing behind everyone from now on, lesson learnt. 

Edited by BristolGolf

In my bag: 

1 hour ago, BristolGolf said:

my mate as quick as a flash looks at the two ball and said "maybe you should play through". 

that's funny :-D

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

(edited)
2 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

that's funny :-D

I just thought of a worse but very true punchline, he actually took a mulligan and didn't record that shot! Now I am raging :pound:

Edited by BristolGolf

In my bag: 

4 minutes ago, BristolGolf said:

I just thought of a worse but very true punchline, he actually took a mulligan and didn't record that shot! Now I am raging :pound:

ahahahahahahahahahahahah:-P

-Jonny

• iacas changed the title to Took a Drive to the Foot the other day…
Note: This thread is 2738 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!