IGNORED

MySwing 3D Software System

iacas
Note: This thread is 1231 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

MySwing Golf Launches Major Software Update 

Scottsdale, AZ (November 16, 2016) — MySwing Golf, Inc., the world’s leading full-body 3D motion capture analysis system for the golf swing, has announced the launch of its newest and most sophisticated software package.  The software is now available for download to all existing MySwing customers.

The key upgrades with the new software include biofeedback, which uses both audio and visual cues, that allows coaches to share instant swing feedback with their students; and a report comparing a student’s swing to tour ranges, allowing instructors to quickly focus on one or two major swing issues and provide a quick evaluation to the student.  Instructors can add comments to this report and share it with their students via PDF.  In addition, there are a variety of 3D planes and a new 3D wrist view. 

“Students learn much faster if they can both see and feel what their instructor wants them to do rather than the instructor forcing the player into a certain position,” said MySwing Director of Product Development, Chase Cooper.  “Our goal with MySwing is to be as visual and user friendly as possible. Forcing instructors and their students to look at and understand graphs really isn’t the right approach.” 

The MySwing Professional product is the only wireless 3D system that is portable and can be used indoors as well as outdoors for a real-time teaching experience. 

According to Cooper, the MySwing Pro state-of-the-art system takes golf instruction to a new level.  “Golf instructors have two goals:  improve their students and increase revenue.  With this new software release, we will help them accomplish both.” 

For more information about MySwing Golf, visit www.myswing.com.

Now then… I wanted to start a thread on the MySwing. The software and everything was a little rough the last time @david_wedzik and I checked it out at the PGA Show last year, but I'm curious about the improvements they've made. I'll talk with Chuck (Evans) about it, as he's been using it for awhile, and I know others who have a system as well.

Generally speaking, I tend to like technology but not like it when it requires doing too much different than regular golf. For example, the K-Vest was cool and all… but it was an actual vest and took some strapping in and all that. Time that is sometimes better spent, plus, the golfer didn't "feel" like they were playing golf, they felt like they were in an experiment.

The MySwing is fairly non-intrusive.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 years later...
  • Administrator

I still see people using it, but far fewer than before.

It’s decidedly less popular.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1231 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!