IGNORED

Serrapeptase good or bad or nothing ?

hiwattage
Note: This thread is 2703 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anybody out there trying or using this supplement ? I am trying it for osteoarthritis , supposedly there is an enzyme from a silkworm that will  rid your body of dead internal tissue .

• Administrator

No idea. What's your doctor say?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's a mild anti-inflammatory, no harm in trying. I don't recommend it to my patients as it's not FDA approved. If you have stomach ulcers or a bleeding disorder, I'd be careful. Otherwise, ok to give it whirl. Don't use longer than 4-6 weeks though. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Good info woodzie , thanks . You seem informed what have you heard of boron for arthritis ? What I have heard is this is mineral that is no longer in our food due to farming techniques used theses days. 

On Monday, November 21, 2016 at 10:35 PM, hiwattage said:

Good info woodzie , thanks . You seem informed what have you heard of boron for arthritis ? What I have heard is this is mineral that is no longer in our food due to farming techniques used theses days.

Honestly, no. But if you're looking to try a safe OTC supplement, glucosamine chondroitin has a long history and has no side effects. Completely safe. About 50% of the US population sees good results whereas the European studies are more promising. We think this may be for two reasons:

1. it's OTC here in the US, not regulated like in Europe, so the product ingredients may or may not be of good quality. Not sure if it's avail OTC in Canada.

2. You need to take it for 6-8 weeks before knowing for sure whether or not you will see any response to it and most people quit too soon. Some brands are better than others, so I'd do your research and commit to 8 weeks.

We don't we really know how/why it works, but we think it's more than placebo in that pet owners see marked improvements in their pets walking when they start it. Again, aside from the side effects on your wallet, it's safe so may be worth a try.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Thanks again Woodsie , my physician suggested that I use glucosamine condrotin when I was first diagnosed with OA in my right hip . I have been taking gc for about 10 years now . I am pretty sure without it I wouldn't be walking 18 holes now. But always looking for the magic bullet , and the way research is these days and the Internet . There is so much information to digest and why not try the ones that are easily accessible. So I am going to give the serrapeptase a try . Let you know if anything happens , or not , in two months.

16 hours ago, hiwattage said:

Thanks again Woodsie , my physician suggested that I use glucosamine condrotin when I was first diagnosed with OA in my right hip . I have been taking gc for about 10 years now . I am pretty sure without it I wouldn't be walking 18 holes now. But always looking for the magic bullet , and the way research is these days and the Internet . There is so much information to digest and why not try the ones that are easily accessible. So I am going to give the serrapeptase a try . Let you know if anything happens , or not , in two months.

How old are you? If you're close to 60 or older, I would STRONGLY encourage you to get it replaced...you'll be glad you did and you'll wish you'd have done it years ago. If you're under 50, keep trying other stuff

-Jonny

Note: This thread is 2703 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!