IGNORED

My Swing (Hatchman)

Hatchman
Note: This thread is 2522 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

7 hours ago, iacas said:

Get the left hip and shoulder higher - that should help.

Thanks @iacas .  Will concentrate on these points during the stretching.  Thanks for the feedback.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Probably my last swing post until my return from the U.K. Working hard here so I can play a few links courses in the Edinburgh area.  Lot of work to do when I get back.  Slow but sure.  Hands still not in the position where I want them...a little chubby here, both me and the divot.

Mid iron work.  Feels like shoulder getting stronger.   End of next month should be able to go at it full bore while working on the swing.

Thanks @bm85 .  Tempo a little quick but playable.  Working on a few things around it.  Yes, golf is really fun and a learning experience for sure.  I could practice and play every day all day if I could handle it. 

• Upvote 1

(edited)

Received my Evolvr feedback last evening and really appreciate the comments and notes shown on the screen.  Seeing the reference points really helps me visualize where I want the body and club to be in any given point in time along the club path or position.  My screen shot about my next piece(s) obviously didn't work.  My next piece is simply to work on getting the butt end of the club out at least to the heal of the left foot which will get the club head outside the shoulder tip, what I'm looking for.  Currently, the swing stops about at the left toe line so the extra distance will create some width in the swing path.  But I'll need to straighten the left leg a little more to assist and then prepare for the weight transfer.  That's one of the joints I had replaced-so I'll have to slowly continue to work it into full extended position and try not to brace too violently against it.  Off to the practice pitts.   

Edited by Hatchman
Typo

Just returned from practice.  TORC warm ups, hit a few balls with my gap wedge with a 130+ shaft, then balls up to the pitching and chipping green from 60-75 yards flags out of the wet rough.  Embedded ball work.  No one on the course when I arrived, so a nice quiet morning to continue with and start my new Evolvr piece(s).   Hit a few holes afterwards.  First hole I played (10) teed off with a 4i then hit a 7i in that ricochet off the back pin and wound up just off the green below the hole in deep rough.  Tough break.  This is getting fun again.

• Administrator

Do you ever record a face-on video?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

7 hours ago, iacas said:

Yes.  I think I have a 5 wood on page 2.  The irons I recorded had me out of frame.  I'll try and shoot a few in frame.

(edited)
8 hours ago, iacas said:

Went back in the files and found another that is not too close like several I deleted.  From the 5 Wood sent to Stephan, working on a slight grip change, ball position, working on that right repaired arm straightening that hinges. 

Edited by Hatchman

• Administrator

Thanks. @Hatchman, you're working on Evolvr, right?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Thanks. @Hatchman, you're working on Evolvr, right?

Yes, correct.  We are doing a few small pieces.  Working hard to get me from leaning over so much with hands closer to thighs and arms more vertical.  Trying to increase the torso angle taller, thus the DOL shots I take so often.  Secondarily, the turn we've noted a few reference points in the videos I've submitted to try and achieve so I'm stretching towards that goal to get longer.  Slowly.  The TORC REALLY HELPS.  Last, were working to turn further and straighten the back leg a little more that will allow a slightly deeper turn, so I'm working on that back knee bracing but not such that will over torque new knee.  The front foot heal lifting looks like the trigger of the start of my downswing by reviewing the videos I've noticed.  Also the lower hand right hand grip a little stronger.  Uncomfortable, but trying.

Hitting a few holes for fun after practice also coach before I leave next week for a few weeks.  That's when I notice the lean return when I go too fast.    Tired today after practicing about 90 minutes then playing 6 holes (5 of 6 pars).  Rest time.  Legs feel dead.

IMG_0663.JPG

• Administrator

Okay. Don't be afraid to submit a Face-on video to your evolvr instructor, too. There are a few things there that they'll want to make sure that they and you stay on top of.

15 minutes ago, iacas said:

Okay. Don't be afraid to submit a Face-on video to your evolvr instructor, too. There are a few things there that they'll want to make sure that they and you stay on top of.

Yes, I have been and was provided the video feedback already with line references.   Tried to do an image shot from it but failed earlier to reference.  Will continue as the que allows ?.  

Before I leave Wednesday for a few weeks I have been stretching the shoulder girdle.  No playing.  Several times a day I do these reps and light swings with TORC.  Trying to hold my set up position, I reach back as far as can.  But I see myself lift which doesn't surprise me at this point. Reminds me of early PT trying to get that last ROM.  Another month I should see more hand height, as long I keep an eye on my angles, etc.

• 1 month later...

Back from the U.K. and been catching up on work.  So it's time to get back to swing basics.  But I've been stretching with the TORC @iacas got me and I really like it.  I see an improvement in the followthrough since surgery.  Not much gains in the back swing though.  But with the improved followthrough down the line, I'm back playing mostly between the fairway edges again the few rounds I've got in.  Not cutting the ball.  Anyway, long way to go to get to where I want to be.  One piece at a time.

3/12/17.  38 degree.  Windy.

Note: This thread is 2522 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!