IGNORED

My Swing (Hatchman)

Hatchman
Note: This thread is 2520 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

TST.  I've taken the leap.  Love sports and have played since grade school, but have paid the price.  One thing I've realized, the balls have gotten smaller over the years.  Body parts paid out: One knee, two hips, and one shoulder.  Last knee soon to be.  Good news I just subscribed to Evolvr and read a lot.  Will play to the end.

Only thing I currently have is this older clip below that a young man took who I was paired with from @ 2 years ago right after the knee replacement surgery.  

I've been Playing Golf for: 6 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 9-10
My typical ball flight is: Low 
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Worm Burner

IMG_1886.JPG

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Please post a video from a good camera angle, and not from a bridge. 

• Upvote 2

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

As my introduction above stated that's the only video I have.  Evolvr confirmed :).  So I have to get footage for them also.  Looking forward to the analysis and feedback.  The bridge was just where I started the swing from and hope not a distraction.  To answer your question, not sure, the results were fine but I DIDN'T like the mechanics of that swing.  Thus the posting.

Great to hear you'll supplement your video lessons with a thread here. I've enjoyed that too. 

What has worked for me is to stick with what the instructor says. Religiously. Don't go chasing phantom tips as they guide you.  The folks here respect the instructor's word so they typically don't give you conflicting advice. 

So I use the thread as a way to keep myself focused, and I get lots of friendly visitors giving me support and encouragement. 

Welcome to the world of My Swing threads. Let us know if you can't find the hints on camera angles. On my phone now and tougher to search from here than from computer. 

• Upvote 1

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

4 minutes ago, RandallT said:

Welcome to the world of My Swing threads. Let us know if you can't find the hints on camera angles. On my phone now and tougher to search from here than from computer. 

Thanks.  I'll probably be asking you then Randall, since you have experience.  I have a professional cameraman friend but that's an extreme probably not necessary for me.  One objective is to get the angles right to get the tension off the joints.  I want to last a few years longer!

BTW - I liked your Game Golf write up!  James

3 hours ago, Hatchman said:

As my introduction above stated that's the only video I have.  Evolvr confirmed :).  So I have to get footage for them also.  Looking forward to the analysis and feedback.  The bridge was just where I started the swing from and hope not a distraction.  To answer your question, not sure, the results were fine but I DIDN'T like the mechanics of that swing.  Thus the posting.

I think @allenc was genuinely curious as to why you had to play that trick shot. :)

4 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

I think @allenc was genuinely curious as to why you had to play that trick shot. :)

8 hours ago, allenc said:

Nowhere to take relief?

Sorry if I didn't explain well then.  The shot, where it started from was a result of a pulled 2nd shot on a par 5 testing my new knee. My mind set.  Should have been in the water trying to go for it.  I went to the ball in the darn middle of the pond almost dead center on the cart path bridge laying nicely and I liked the shot, and angle to the pin.   Nothing more, nothing less.  Not sure where I would have played it from if it was against the rail unhittable.  

• Upvote 1

I just tried inserting a raw Down the Line video but it was too large.  Got to resize I guess for TST.  Was able to put on my Elvovr though.  I'll try tomorrow.

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, Hatchman said:

I just tried inserting a raw Down the Line video but it was too large.  Got to resize I guess for TST.  Was able to put on my Elvovr though.  I'll try tomorrow.

Please don't upload videos directly to the site. Upload them to YouTube (public or unlisted, not private) and then embed them here.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

7 minutes ago, iacas said:

Please don't upload videos directly to the site. Upload them to YouTube (public or unlisted, not private) and then embed them here.

Ok, thanks.

I'll try and set up YouTube then.  

I registered Hatchman at YouTube.   Have one Down the Line video in dark bulky clothing so might not be the best shot to review.  Have a camera tripod coming so I can continue shooting.  Thanks.  Hatch.

• Administrator

Yeah, thanks. Congrats, too. You'll get a shorter analysis back because it's just the one video down the line (kinda) and far away. Subsequent ones will be more in depth. It'll probably talk about getting more of a turn - right now your swing is very much about your arms.

When your tripod arrives: https://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing, but basically:

• Get much closer.
  • Hand height (not eye level).
  • Directly on the toe line.

Congrats! You'll get better if you listen and put in the work.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yeah, thanks. Congrats, too. You'll get a shorter analysis back because it's just the one video down the line (kinda) and far away. Subsequent ones will be more in depth. It'll probably talk about getting more of a turn - right now your swing is very much about your arms.

When your tripod arrives: https://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing, but basically:

• Get much closer.
  • Hand height (not eye level).
  • Directly on the toe line.

Roger that.  Good tip about filming.  It will be nice trying to get wider and turn better.  

Might be fun playing golf vs hack ball, and take tension off the aging body.

On 12/15/2016 at 3:19 PM, iacas said:

It'll probably talk about getting more of a turn - right now your swing is very much about your arms.

Got the first Evolvr video analysis back and appreciate the feedback.   I also like its content and format.  Thanks.

Worked on my recommended hand take away on my back swing from my Evolvr instructor.  I like the small piece work and the benefit I think it will bring.  After grinding in the pits a good hour I teed a few up and played a few balls down before I went home.  Will continue till I get more comfortable with the feeling.

Spent a little time this morning at the range trying to get the hands in better position at take away and at the top to where we can noticeably see at least a 4" change outside the shoulder blade.  

Working with my Evolvr instructor on this as well as a putting change.   

Slowly stretching the repaired shoulder girdle.  Man I need to get back in shape!

This drill requires me to try a keep my head down longer after the release of the putt.  I was looking up too quickly following the roll of the ball.  Now I am trying to listen to the sound of it going in the cup.   Practice length 8-10 feet this week.  Two nice birdies Monday's round.  But - I've been told I don't waste time over a ball...probably need to slow down a bit.

Note: This thread is 2520 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!