IGNORED

My Swing (steinisterki)

Steinisterki
Note: This thread is 2672 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 7 years 

My current handicap index or average score is: 15
My typical ball flight is: high draw
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Im pulling ll to the left now

Videos: 

8 iron

• RandallT changed the title to My Swing (steinisterki)

Welcome from Iceland!! 

A great thread to start you out with is here:

Up at the top, there's some info on how to best take advantage of a "My Swing" thread, and of course, lots of instructional information if you want to hunt through there to get a sense of the overall methodology of instruction for many here who visit swing threads to offer advice.

Good luck!

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The reason you are pulling the ball is because you are coming over the top. Which means you are cutting across the ball and your path is going to much to the right that's why your pulling it.

Instead of starting the backswing with the shoulders at the end of your backswing try and feel yor holding your back to the target as long as possible while your hips turn to the left. So at the top feel like your shoulders are staying still while your hips turn background this will create a straighter path and eliminate the pull, Hope this helps.

Please add comments. I'm often coming toe down first with my clubs and maybe I'm spinning my hips????  The shot on the video was a pull.

How do you guys slow down the YouTube videos???

Spoiler

I've been Playing Golf for: 9 years 
My current handicap index or average score is: 7
My typical ball flight is: fade
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: PULL.

• boogielicious changed the title to My Swing (Steinisterki)
16 minutes ago, Steinisterki said:

Please add comments. I'm often coming toe down first with my clubs and maybe I'm spinning my hips????  The shot on the video was a pull.

How do you guys slow down the YouTube videos???

Reveal hidden contents

I've been Playing Golf for: 9 years 
My current handicap index or average score is: 7
My typical ball flight is: fade
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: PULL.

Welcome to The Sand Trap. For slow motion, most of us film slow motion with our iPhone or camera and load it up to Youtube that way.

For your swing, you have a similar move that many of us work on. You are going shallow to steep in the downswing. Below shows you at A4, the top of the backswing and A5, where you left arm is parallel to the ground on the downswing. See how much steeper the shaft is? This can lead to a bit of over the top path, which can cause pulls.

Helgi_A4_A5.jpg

The thread below discusses it and some of the work to improve it. 

I also recommend getting a tripod to film your swing to hold it steady. Try posting a face on video when you have a chance too.

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2672 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!