IGNORED

Watching golf - PGATOURLIVE?

zero
Note: This thread is 2599 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't mean to be a whiner, I honestly don't care all that much, but this PGA Live group is doing an awful job. What events are covered at what times? It's way too difficult to figure out even the basics, why would I pay for that? And the free twitter stream? "Every Thur & Fri AM ET?" Wow, thanks for the DETAILS. :hmm: https://twitter.com/i/live/807361386695135233

- adam -

Routine: work, eat, golf, sleep, repeat

Clubs: (All Used TaylorMade) Burner Superfast Driver, JetSpeed 3&5 FW, Rescue Hybrid, Burner 2.0 Irons 5-AW, ATV Wedge 56*, White Ghost blade putter

3 hours ago, zero said:

I don't mean to be a whiner, I honestly don't care all that much, but this PGA Live group is doing an awful job. What events are covered at what times? It's way too difficult to figure out even the basics, why would I pay for that? And the free twitter stream? "Every Thur & Fri AM ET?" Wow, thanks for the DETAILS. :hmm: https://twitter.com/i/live/807361386695135233

To find out if they have coverage for the event that week, visit here: https://www.pgatourlive.com/this-week

I had it last year and generally considered it a value (but I don't have Golf Channel to record on the DVR).

Their information on what tournaments are covered is poor, but I recall that it was most of the non major tour events that are in the U.S. Not sure about the WGC's and the Playoffs.

What you get when they do cover the tournament is full-day coverage of the Thursday & Friday rounds. I can't remember whether they covered the full field or several featured groups, but I never felt like I was shortchanged. You see much more of the in-between shots. This coverage (Thurs & Fri) is recorded and available to play back during the weekend (it disappears on Monday).

Then on Saturday and Sunday, you get to see early round coverage before it goes to the network.

If you decide to go month-to-month, cancel after the playoffs. I don't think they have any tournaments between then and the following January, which they are sneakily very mum about.

Edited by natureboy
  • Upvote 1

Kevin

• 1 month later...

It seemed like a no brainer to me, 40$ per year to "Never miss a shot" as their advertisements claim. During larger events they stream weekends, but only featured holes or featured players/groups. They advertise heavily that subscribing to PGA Tour Live will allow you to see exclusive coverage, but what they really mean to tell you is that you'll be able to see the morning warmups and the first tee shots that sometimes aren't shown on live TV. Then after that theres nothing really new. They advertise that you'll never miss a shot the whole season with access to featured groups/holes, but aside from some larger tournaments there hasn't been any weekend coverage and no way to watch after Friday's round without subscribing to a service provider to watch Golf Channel.

I still think it's worth it, they give good coverage and you often see a lot more shots from a lot more players than Golf Channel can cover, but be wary when purchasing, it's a lot more clear now, but when I first purchased it seemed like they scammed people into thinking they'd get full events, as I did.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2599 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!