IGNORED

Watching golf - PGATOURLIVE?

zero
Note: This thread is 2574 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm a tour junkie and love to watch. I've considered getting a PGATOURLIVE.com subscription, but I can never tell what their broadcast schedule is. They don't announce/post when they'll be airing what. It's stupid IMHO. So for the big events I bounce between Golf Channel, major networks, etc. etc. Is there an answer here or least a better way for me to understand the PGATOURLIVE.com streaming broadcast schedule so I can make a decision on that? Many thanks.

- adam -

Routine: work, eat, golf, sleep, repeat

Clubs: (All Used TaylorMade) Burner Superfast Driver, JetSpeed 3&5 FW, Rescue Hybrid, Burner 2.0 Irons 5-AW, ATV Wedge 56*, White Ghost blade putter

There are ways to watch golf. Most weekend rounds are broadcasted, but weekday rounds other than Golf Channel or PGA Tour Live which covers these rounds (which require subscriptions or paid services)

However, there are live streams out there on sites.
Don't be fooled by sites that say "free" and then require you to signup for a service, there are free sites that stream Golf Channel.

If you go out searching, use  "ad-blocking" apps or you will encounter redirects to unwanted sites which could produce malware.
When surfing always be cautious...

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Club Rat said:

There are ways to watch golf. Most weekend rounds are broadcasted, but weekday rounds other than Golf Channel or PGA Tour Live which covers these rounds (which require subscriptions or paid services)

However, there are live streams out there on sites.
Don't be fooled by sites that say "free" and then require you to signup for a service, there are free sites that stream Golf Channel.

If you go out searching, use  "ad-blocking" apps or you will encounter redirects to unwanted sites which could produce malware.
When surfing always be cautious...

Thank you! I have golf channel and watch online currently. I'm trying to figure out how to get more coverage and if pgatourlive.com is worth the money.

- adam -

Clubs: (All Used TaylorMade) Burner Superfast Driver, JetSpeed 3&5 FW, Rescue Hybrid, Burner 2.0 Irons 5-AW, ATV Wedge 56*, White Ghost blade putter

21 minutes ago, zero said:

I'm trying to figure out how to get more coverage and if pgatourlive.com is worth the money.

Sorry, I misunderstood your original post and thought you were seeking alternative sources.
Anyway, maybe checkout Twitter, they may have info on coverage times.
They supposedly will be broadcasting live coverage in 2017.

PGA Tour Live in the past has offered "featured groups and featured holes" along with the radio broadcast.
They went to subscription last year for video coverage. I'm off to check out Twitter.

Getting your PGA Tour fix just got easier. The tour announced on Thursday a partnership with Twitter to broadcast live coverage on the social media platform for 31 tournaments in 2017.

“Streaming PGA Tour Live programming to Twitter’s global audience, as well as the millions of users who follow @PGATOUR and hundreds of PGA Tour player accounts, will provide new and innovative ways for sports fans to engage with our premium OTT offering," said Rick Anderson, chief media officer of the PGA Tour, in a statement.

The tour used Twitter to live stream coverage during the 2016 FedEx Cup Playoffs. The plan is to present more than 70 hours of live competition this season, starting at the CareerBuilder Challenge. The coverage will consist of Thursday and Friday morning play, as well as pre-game analysis, interviews, and range coverage.

“The PGA Tour continues to transform the experience for fans on Twitter, a place where golf conversation is happening live in real time every day,” said Anthony Noto, COO at Twitter in a statement. “Our collaboration with the PGA Tour will provide fans all over the world access to watch live streaming PGA Tour events on Twitter while following the conversation all on one screen.”

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

Sorry, I misunderstood your original post and thought you were seeking alternative sources.
Anyway, maybe checkout Twitter, they may have info on coverage times.
They supposedly will be broadcasting live coverage in 2017.

PGA Tour Live in the past has offered "featured groups and featured holes" along with the radio broadcast.
They went to subscription last year for video coverage. I'm off to check out Twitter.

Gotcha, thanks. It sounds like they're still figuring out their business model because I'd plop down the money in a heartbeat if I could just understand what the heck I would get for it!

Edited by zero

- adam -

Twitter, continuing to push into live video streaming, reached a deal with the PGA Tour that makes the social service the exclusive free distribution platform for select golf tournament coverage through the remainder of the 2016-17 season.

The PGA Tour’s free video streams on Twitter will encompass more than 70 hours of live competition coverage across 31 tournaments this year. The deal is aimed at generating ad revenue by getting in front of golf fans across the world, as well as promoting the PGA Tour Live subscription service, priced at $40 per year (or $5.99 per month), which is operated by MLB Advanced Media’s BAMTech.

Twitter will begin live streaming at the CareerBuilder Challenge on Jan. 19, 2017, and conclude at the season-ending Tour Championship in Charlotte, N.C., in August. Coverage typically will include the first 60 to 90 minutes from the early Thursday and Friday morning hours of PGA Tour Live’s subscription window. That will include pre-game analysis, interviews, range coverage, and live competition from the first two holes of each day’s PGA Tour Live Marquee Groups.

The live streams will be available globally on Twitter at PGATourLive.twitter.com and on @PGATour, as well as connected devices like Apple TV and Amazon Fire TV, to both logged-in and logged-out users. The expanded deal comes after the PGA Tour last year teamed with Twitter to offer live-streaming portions of the first two events of the 2016 FedEx Cup playoffs.

“Streaming PGA Tour Live programming to Twitter’s global audience, as well as the millions of users who follow @PGATOUR and hundreds of PGA Tour player accounts, will provide new and innovative ways for sports fans to engage with our premium OTT offering,” said Rick Anderson, PGA Tour’s chief media officer.

Under the pact, Twitter has the opportunity to sell advertising with mid-roll spots, combined with original clips produced by the PGA Tour available for sponsorship and promotion on Twitter. The partnership also includes an extension of the PGA Tour and Twitter’s Amplify program, with PGA Tour planning to increase its highlight videos and regular content creation across Twitter and Periscope.

https://www.pgatourlive.com/subscription

At $40 a year it's a great deal...

Watch exclusive live coverage of the best players in the world on Thursday and Friday mornings, available only on PGA TOUR LIVE.

And

SUBSCRIBE TODAY AND GET $40 OFF TEE TIMES WITH TEEOFF.COM

Elite field of tournament winners tees off SBS in Kapalua

Watch live coverage starting at 6 p.m. ET

I subscribed for the year, now I can watch golf while I play golf....

Coverage typically will include the first 60 to 90 minutes from the early Thursday and Friday morning hours of PGA Tour Live’s subscription window. That will include pre-game analysis, interviews, range coverage, and live competition from the first two holes of each day’s PGA Tour Live Marquee Groups.

Thanks for looking that up! Not sure if it's what I'm after, still confused. If this Twitter stream is the first 60-90 mins of the PGA Tour Live's coverage, what's the rest of the coverage? Which events? Which groups? Which players? etc. etc. They suck at marketing :) At least I can check it out on Twitter for free!

- adam -

I used it last year and for the most part found value in it.

However, there was next to no coverage at the end of the year (after FedEx). They also don't make it clear when they 'pick up again' for the new season. If I do it again, I'd start up around Torrey Pines (if they cover events in Feb/March) and end around the playoffs.

I don't have cable so I could not sign in to the streaming watch live option that you can do if you have a cable account. If I had that, I wonder how many tournaments would have been dual covered by PGA Tour live vs. Golf Channel?

The nice thing is that you can watch the recording of the Thurs/Fri rounds after the fact and IIRC they're usually available through the end of the tournament on Sunday.

Edited by natureboy

Kevin

I purchased it last year for the first time, and I think mine runs through Bay Hill or close to that. 

If you have free time on Thursday and Friday morning, it's well worth the purchase. I found out I really don't have a lot of free time those two days most weeks, so I didn't end up using it as much as I'd hoped. I'm not one who can go back and watch it if I already know the golfer scores. 

I did, however, watch Furyk finish off his 58 on PGA TOUR Live. So that was a highlight! 

I'm not able to find the Twitter Live Stream anywhere...

- adam -

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 4:31 PM, Club Rat said:

Twitter will begin live streaming at the CareerBuilder Challenge on Jan. 19, 2017,

20 minutes ago, zero said:

27 minutes ago, zero said:

As @Club Rat  noted,

It's there but not streaming anything.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:55 AM, nevets88 said:

As @Club Rat  noted,

It's there but not streaming anything.

Gotcha, thanks!

- adam -

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 2:30 PM, zero said:

Gotcha, thanks!

Watching featured group is up and running ....
Works both on PC and Phone App....

Also, not sure if this was mentioned?
When you purchase the subscription, they give you a $4o gift to use when booking a tee time towards green fees..
At teeoff.com

21 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

Watching featured group is up and running ....
Works both on PC and Phone App....

Also, not sure if this was mentioned?
When you purchase the subscription, they give you a $4o gift to use when booking a tee time towards green fees..
At teeoff.com

Watched it for 5 minutes, no hitches, good picture. It's not much and more of a "gateway drug" to get you to buy the subscription, but at least they're providing something.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Good point @nevets88

Forgot to mention the free preview.

Is it only good for a few minutes? Or is it for all day this week?

Note: This thread is 2574 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!