IGNORED

My Swing (Compressor2017)

Compressor2017
Note: This thread is 2658 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone would be able to commentate on my swing. Any observations would be appreciated. First video is Driver, 4 iron, 7 iron, PW and 58 wedge first side on then down the line. Second video is the same video in slow mo.

Thanks!

https://youtu.be/2CkqvxznWTU

https://youtu.be/KLrzjXquj0g

I've been Playing Golf for: 5 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 15.2
My typical ball flight is: fade
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: fat shots

Videos: 

[Delete this, Embed Videos Here]

I reposted them. I'm not sure why your links didn't post.

If you can, post a down-the-line view. It appears you are a bit upright in the face on, but it's hard to tell. Check out the thread below.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to My Swing (Compressor2017)

Love the user name. Have a good back story for "compressor?"

Just dropping a note to say welcome.

As for swing advice, my suggestion is to start preparing yourself for the idea that your downswing will need to be shallower eventually. There are others here who may have a different priority for you to start with, but I am aware of the pitfalls of coming down so steep from the top. Here is your pic as you start to come down:

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 7.44.48 AM.png

You'll want to eventually be more like this:

Screen Shot 2016-05-05 at 8.25.20 AM.png

Your club path being so vertical will tend to lead to other problems, from what I understand. If you watch the best players in the world, the club will often fall down behind them right from the top, and this shallow path to the ball can promote more consistent strikes.

Again, this may not be your priority (as there could be several fundamentals to fix before you're in a position to start attacking this issue- I don't know), but here is a thread on steepness. Near and dear to me, as I'm still working on it:

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Really appreciate the advise there.

defo right about being to steep... will look through the other thread. 

Ghink i need to concentrate on coming down first in the transition to drop the club down Garcia style 

thanks for reposting the videos too.

as for the name there is no story.... just trying to compress the ball! 

Note: This thread is 2658 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!