IGNORED

My Swing (sparksrt)

sparksrt
Note: This thread is 2658 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Having a little issue with video just take frame but frame looking for some advice. Trying to stop lifting my hands at the top and stop the over the top!

I've been Playing Golf for: 25years
My current handicap index or average score is: 7 GHIN
My typical ball flight is: left to right
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: slice my irons

It seems like you start with a locked out left elbow then flex it mid swing then lock it out again at the start of the down swing causing that "lift" motion. Try hitting some half and 3/4 shots while keeping that elbow locked out then progress to some full shots to see if that lifting motion goes away.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for the tip - much appreciated. So you are saying 3/4 shots but always keeping my left elbow locked?

So should my left elbow be locked throughout the swing?

Thanks again.

1 hour ago, sparksrt said:

Thanks for the tip - much appreciated. So you are saying 3/4 shots but always keeping my left elbow locked?

So should my left elbow be locked throughout the swing?

Thanks again.

Yes. Thinking about it a better term I should have used is straightened out not locked out because locked out seem to imply almost flexing the tricep which is unneeded tension in the arm. The bending then straightening out seems to be causing the lifting motion at the top of your swing. You could just do full swings keeping the arm straightened out as well, you would just need to make sure to tape your swing to verify you don't go back to the habit of flexing it mid swing. The only reason I said start with the 1/2 or 3/4 swings is because that is the area in the swing where the bending is occurring.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to My Swing (sparksrt)

A lot of the advice that i have received was regarding a "loop" in the transition from back swing to downswing which is what i see here. so instead of the swing stopping at the top, and then following a similar path back down( which would keep you in the correct position), your swing seems to take a little bit of a loop causing the over the top action.

Some of the advice that i have gotten recently on this same topic were to take some swings where you pause for a least one second or even two seconds at the top of the swing and then finish your downswing trying to follow the same movement back down to the ball. 

just a thought as i have been working on the same issue and have been seeing a little bit of progress. let me know what you think and good luck with the swing. 

"Swing with a Purpose" 

What's In The Bag:
Woods: Driver: RBZ stage 2 10* 3 wood: RBZ 15* 5 wood: NIke vapor speed 19*
Irons/ wedges: Rbladez tour 4-PW; Mizuno MP-T4 52*, 56*, CG11 60*
Putter: Odyssey White ice #9

Note: This thread is 2658 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!