IGNORED

hot list out now on golfdigest.com

richardm
Note: This thread is 5969 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It would be useful if they listed all the various clubs that were tested; not just those scoring gold/silver. You end up wondering if a club is inadequate or simply not tested. Two very different conclusions.

My Bag:

Driver: Srixon ZR-W 9.5* Graffaloy Epic 68(R)
Fairway: Wishon 949MC 16.5*
Hybrid(s): Cobra Baffler DWS 20*Irons: 6-PW Mizuno MP-52. 5i Mizuno MX-23Wedges: Cleveland CG12 DSG 56/10Putter: Rife 2-Bar Hybrid

no titleist players irons!!!!!!!!!!

richardm,

There is a new update to the Titleist irons that weren't submitted in time to be on the Hot List. The AP2, ZM, and ZB will be the new forged carbon steel player's irons. From what I've been hearing from my friends at Titleist he expects the AP2 (755 replacement) to dominate on Tour next year, supposed to have all the shoot making abilities and feel of players irons with major forgiveness. The AP1 will be the 775 / 804 OS replacement.

no editor's choice this year
that's interesting

Launcher 460 10.5° <BB Solution 130 R>
Wishon 949MC 16.5° <SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 R>
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23° <UST SR2 R>
MX-23 5-PW <KBS Tour R>
Vokey 250.08, SM54.10, SM58.08 <DG Wedge> Callie 33.75"TLT Series 4MOI matched

The whole thing is just a stealth paid advertisment anyway. Notice there are never any Component clubs in the mix. The fact that they have a percentage of the score attributed to buzz factor (thats just how much the company (and ultimately the buyer) pays for advertising). Its always OEM.

Driver - Taylormade R9
3 Wood - Titlelist 909F2 15.5 degrees

2H - Nickent

4H - Taylormade
Irons - Mizuno MP-63 5-PW
Wedges - Titlelist 52 and 60 and Cleveland CG-15 56
Putter - Scotty Cameron Stainless Steel NewportBall - Pro V or V1

They gave the Nike sumo a golf...makes me want to vomit.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

The whole thing is just a stealth paid advertisment anyway. Notice there are never any Component clubs in the mix. The fact that they have a percentage of the score attributed to buzz factor (thats just how much the company (and ultimately the buyer) pays for advertising). Its always OEM.

I always thought buzz meant the sound of impact on that particular club.

"Preference" is another biased factor.

Launcher 460 10.5° <BB Solution 130 R>
Wishon 949MC 16.5° <SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 R>
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23° <UST SR2 R>
MX-23 5-PW <KBS Tour R>
Vokey 250.08, SM54.10, SM58.08 <DG Wedge> Callie 33.75"TLT Series 4MOI matched

There reviews don't mean much as they would never Piss Offf an advertiser, always remember that. These Mags have one and only reason for being-make money. Eighty eight percent of these are advertising and without it there is no magazine.

I always thought buzz meant the sound of impact on that particular club.

Buzz factor is the "buzz" generated by buyers and pros over a club. Only big companies have good buzz factor because they can afford to. Smaller companies like Mizuno are underrated because they don't advertise as much.

I just read the Hot List Editors' blogs on Golf Digest and I have to say I actually agree with them. Editors' choice was basically preference and companies payed so much to have their items made editors' choice. Also, they stated that the hot list is all advertising. You may find it surprising that great clubs like the D2 and the MP-600 were only silvers but if you consider the fact that these clubs are for the better player, you can see that they don't really apply to a great number of players. If a club makes the Hot List, then consider buying it, the gold and silver don't mean much.

Anyway, I just wanted to get that out if you are already hating on the Hot List. I'm just going to enjoy looking at all the clubs in it.

I like the Hot List more to see what is out there and new. Yes, it is essentially advertising, but it is a good overview of product and a useful reference when buying things. Can't wait to get mine in the mail.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

The whole thing is just a stealth paid advertisment anyway.

Wishon's 949MC Fairway made the list. There was a side bar mention Snake Eyes and of GEEK Golf and their DotComThis Driver along with a pic... I have one

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Mizuno MX 560 didn't make it

ISLAND PAR

In my Mizuno Bag:
TBD, MacGregor 4W(16*), 3H(20*),4H(23*), 5H(26*) Mizuno MX-900 6-PWAdams Watson 2010 Wedges (GW, SW, LW),Ping Wolverine Putter "But I thought you meant these golfers from our club when you said you needed SANDBAGGERS to help with the flood...

While I understand the "advertising" point, it's not entirely accurate where the drivers are concerned.

The list gives us the launch & spin characteristics of each clubhead, which is VERY valuable information to me because my Achilles heel with the driver is excessive backspin.

Right now I'm playing a Taylor Made Burner TP 8.5* with a Bassarra 43 shaft @ 46.75 inches. I'm very pleased with the accuracy; carry distance is OK, but I get little if any roll out.

I've tried more "distance oriented" golf balls. Unfortunately, any benefit I get from distance gained I more than give up in the short game, so that solution isn't there for me.

Long story short - - - a third party story which says "This driver head spins the ball less than that one" is very valuable to me.

Note: This thread is 5969 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!