IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

(but yours sounds tougher Hoofreak7).

haha thanks.....i thought i was the only one who read other peoples' shots also...haha

in my bag
driver: r9 with Fujikura Motore 65g stiff shaft
3w-5w: Sz with stock shafts (aldila hm) stiff
irons(3-pw): s59 stiff
wedges: 52deg. rac satin vokey spin milled 56deg. putter: xg9ball: b330rx

Hit an eagle with my nine iron from 145 out today. Didn't get to see it go in but it was a nice surprise to look in the cup and find it there. Only the second eagle I have ever had from 100+.

gosh i'm getting tired of other people getting eagles......ive NEVER had one, and i almost always have a good chance at one every round they just never go in

in my bag
driver: r9 with Fujikura Motore 65g stiff shaft
3w-5w: Sz with stock shafts (aldila hm) stiff
irons(3-pw): s59 stiff
wedges: 52deg. rac satin vokey spin milled 56deg. putter: xg9ball: b330rx

gosh i'm getting tired of other people getting eagles......ive NEVER had one, and i almost always have a good chance at one every round they just never go in

Haha i've never had one either, just hit the pin, and lip outs.

And I had a chance with a 6 iron approach for an eagle on saturday, but of course, I hit the totally opposite side of the green.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Coming off of a 3 putt, I hit my drive 290ish in the right rough.
Hit a cut 6 iron to around 12 feet. Downhill right to left putt, drained it.
Eagle. The iron was the best shot I've hit in a long time.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

After pushing my tee shot on the par 5 15th right, I found myself about 230 in behind a large austree with a decent lie in the rough.... I was back far enough that I figured I could hook a 5 wood around it to get back into the fairway and leave myself a decent approach shot. Nailed the shot but unfortunately ended up with a 30 yard pitch shot with an extreme down hill ball above the feet lie. Hit a nice shot that left me a 6 foot uphill putt...drained it. Was a pretty good birdie for me.

• Administrator
I'll take all three that I hit on one hole, a 500-yard par five that was playing with a wind right-to-left and helping slightly.

Hit a good drive, a little off the toe, but that helped it hook and follow the fairway a bit. Had 181 to the pin, and hit a 6-iron that was just left of the flag. Hit six or eight feet short of the pin, took a hop, and sat down exactly pin high.

The 15-footer left-to-right breaking putt never had a chance of missing. Dead center, perfect speed.

My first eagle in nearly a year.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I hit the best 3 wood off-the-deck of my life yesterday. 485 yd. Par 5 12th at Riverdale Knolls in the 2nd round of my club's matchplay championship.

It's about a 220 yd. carry over a creek (ditch) or a layup. I hit a great drive over the ditch and in the fairway. 230 or so to the center. The group in front was putting, and I hit because I figured it was 1/100 to get to the green. I hit my 3 wood 220 off the tee on a good shot. I absolutely pured it, although low since it was off the deck. Straight at my target, bounced a couple of times and rolled up on the green, behind all 4 players. I yelled fore when I thought it had a chance to make it. They were pissed.

I apologized once from afar and I went up to them and apologized again when they were on the next tee box. They weren't happy about it. I found my ball in some thick rough just off the back of the green sunk down deep in some thick rough. There is a small chance they kicked my ball off the green. Either way, I didn't get up and down, and 3 jacked for a bogey. The 3-wood was money though.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

18th hole...505 par 5 dogleg left...plays a little shorter if you cut off some of the left side just over the tip of a pond. Hit an alright tee shot, missed the sweet spot and faded about 5 yards...left with 245 in. The main defense of this hole is that the green is elevated about 30 feet or so, with one bunker at the bottom right corner of the hill, and one hugging the green in front on the left. I figured that since longest club I hit off the deck (my 16degree hybrid) goes 230 and my pitching had been on that I would hit the 16, coming up short of the bunker at the bottom of the hill for a little wedge. I proceeded make the closest to perfect swing I have ever made in my golfing history...hitting the ball to the front right fringe of the green. 245yds taking into account the elevated green I was obviously surprised, but the ball just felt different and actually looked different traveling away. I proceeded to hit a little pitch up the green which sloped back down towards me...took a hop, passed over the hole...another hop and stopped. Made the downhill right to left footer for birdie. Shot an 84. Still waiting on that eagle .

Hi-Bore 9.5° w/ UST pro-force v2 Stiff
Halo 1i 16°
Halo 3i 22°
735.cm 4-PW
Vokey 52.8, Vokey Spin-Milled 56.10, 60.4 Sophia 32" or Studio Design 1 34"

490 yard par 5, I hit a good drive and was about 200 yards from the hole. I then totally chunked a 3 wood that rolled down a giant slope. This left me about the same distance as I was counting the slope, only with a tree in my way. I generally hit my 3 wood really high, so I decided to try it. I aimed at the lowest point of the tree and hit a beautiful fade that soared over the tree and landed on the green. I missed the putt, but that shot made me incredibly happy.
In the blue and tan grom Bag:

Driver r7 460 10.5*
Fairway Woods '07 Burner 15* and 18*
Irons 4-PW r7 XDWedges 47*, 52*, 58* CG14,Putter TiffanyBall One Tour D

I made a 40+ foot birdie putt in an otherwise mediocre round.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

First time I've ever done this -- 9th hole, and I'm about 20-25 yards off the green (overshot the approach), down in a ditch (probably an old bunker), the green is about level with my head, so 6 feet or so up. used my 64 degree wedge with a full power pitch swing and the ball pops up, bounces once, hits the flagstick and goes in. Par.

It's things like this that delude me into thinking I can actually play the game if I just practice more. Of course, my next drive went about 170 and into the trees, and I proceeded to three-putt for an 8, so I guess it evened out...

I chipped one in off the fringe. It was an easy shot; I've been using my 7 iron and taking a real putter-like stroke. The real excitement came when I chipped in a much more difficult shot on the very next hole. I don't think I;ve ever had 2 in one round let alone 2 in a row!

My web design business

486 Par 5. Hit a driver right down the middle, left me 200 to the green, hit it a 4 iron, stop before the green, rolled up to within 6 ft of the pin for eagle. Missed it! lol
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Very tight driving hole, clipped a tree on the left, the ball deflects right, rolls across the fairway and into a lake. After a drop I hit a perfect 7 and then drain a 25' breaker for par to finish off a great front 9.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

Par 3 playing about 145. Pin in the middle of the green more or less, no reason to not go right at it. Set up and took aim right at the pin, specifically the little red flag that indicates where on the green the pin is (front, middle, back). Hit probably my best iron of the day and the ball actually hit the big flag on top of the flagstick. Ball came to rest about 8 feet behind the hole.

I had some nice pitch shots that left me in 1 putt range. I ended the night with 14 total putts. My best shot however came on the 9th. I had to take an unplayabe due to knee high grass. After the drop I had 130 to the flag and stuck a PW to 10 feet. Rolled in the par putt.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

My best shot: stopped playing for a couple of weeks to do some mirror and camera work.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

290 yard par 4, all steeply uphill, slight dogleg right due to several huge pine trees immediately between the tee box and the green.

I absolutely boom the driver off the tee, probably the best drive I have EVER hit. Immensely high, slow fade that curves perfectly left to right around the tops of the trees and out of sight. It landed on the fairway less than 30 yards from the front of the green. Proceeded to get excited by my immense power and land a lob wedge pitch short of the green, then two-putt from the fringe for my par.

I have no way of figuring how long of a drive that would have been if the hole had been flat instead of steeply uphill, but it probably would have been well over 300 yards.