IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

3rd Hole at National City Golf Couse here in San Diego 250 yd Par 4

I hit my tee shot to the left allmost out of bounds and near a little tree, I thought on no now the tree will be in the way..luckly it wasn't. Second shot from about 60 yds used my PW, I had to go over the trap if I wanted to be close to the flag. It landed about 3ft from the hole and stayed there. I made the birdie putt!

Played on Saturday for the first time in 3 weeks. Had a pretty respectable back 9, one shot stood out: Got into a a fairway bunker off the tee, had about 130 to the flag but was close to a steep lip so elected to play safe with a SW and leave myself a short wedge in. Hit a really poor bunker shot that hit the lip on the way out and left me 125 yards from the pin in the middle of the fairway. Hit my pitching wedge to 6 feet and made the putt for par. Pitching wedge was hit so pure, very satisfying.

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

Hit an 8 Iron 145 on a par 3, about 15 yrds elevation change with a 10mph right to left wind. I think I hit my first draw (on purpose) with an iron. I stuck it about 10 feet from the pin and made the put for birdy. This was on the 5th hole and was a turning point in the round. Shot 38 for a +2 on the front nine. Was the best hole and round of golf to date.

My handicap is around a 20 but in the last 2 weeks I've been shooting in the 70's not sure whats going on but I LIKE IT!

Tour Burner 10.5 R
mp 57's
Vokey Spin Milled 56.10
Pal 4
Pro-V1X

My best shot this week was on saturday. I poured a glass of Glenlivet 12 year. It was a fabulous shot.

Whats in the bag?
Driver = Wishon Golf 949mc 9.75*/.5* Closed Face Angle
Fairway Wood = Wishon Golf 915 F/H 16* Square Face Angle
Wood Shafts = Wishon Golf Pro Flight EXP 85g Stiff Flex
Hybrids = Wishon Golf 331H 21* & 24*Hybrid Shafts = Wishon Golf GI335 Tour Weight 92g Stiff FlexIrons = Wishon...

Par 4, 313 yards, drive went pin-high about 3 feet off the green*

* ( thank you, cart path :D )

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

60 yard chip-in for birdie on a sidehill lie with the wind in my face. (it was just a lucky shot)

RBZ stage 2 driver & 3 wood

Original AP1 4-GW

Vokey 54.10 & 58.04

Scotty Newport 2

Played yesterday afternoon, last couple of holes were in near darkness. Anyways on the 17th, a 130 yd par-3 I had a bout a 15 foot putt for birdie. The pin placement is the trickiest on the green, it was uphill like 12 feet then sloped hard to the right side. Anyways, picked my spot and made the putt, right in the middle of the cup, very sweet.

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

My best shot this week was on saturday. I poured a glass of Glenlivet 12 year. It was a fabulous shot.

Thats always a good shot :) I had some Oban last night and it was fantastic

The week isn't over, but I did stick a 196 yard par-3 with a 5-hybrid pin-high and 20 feet away. 2-putted for par. Only par that round...and only 2 bogeys (ouch).

Best shot this week was when i hit my 3-wood off the deck 230 yards to reach my 3rd par 5 green in three. (laugh if you want but for me it was an achievement)

In my ozone bag:

905r 10.5 Graphite Design YS-6+ R
909 F2 15.5 Aldila VooDoo Fairway S
Benross VeloCT Resuce 21 Grafalloy ProLaunch Platinum R MX300s 4-PW KBS Tour S MP-T10 50/8 Chrome 54/11 and 60/7 Studio Select Newport II 35"

I had a really nice one a couple weeks ago (haven't played much recently).

I was stuck under a tree with low branches after fading my second shot (par 4). The gree was raised up, with the sides sloped, and I was about 10-15 yards away. I can't chip to the green, cause of the tree, so I pull out a 7 iron. Hit a low punch shot, bounce it off the side of the green, and it rolls to within ten feet. I made the putt for par, which was pretty much the only good point in the round. :(

Driver: Big Bertha 460 11* w/ Graffaloy ProLaunch Blue 65R
Woods: Big Bertha 3 and 5 wood stock shaft, Light flex
Hybrids: None
Irons: Viper Tour 4-PW -1", 4* flat
Wedges: X-Tour 52.11*, 58.9*Putter: Classic 3 33"The Thing That Goes In The Hole (hopefully): NXT Tour"30 minutes a day keeps...

On number 10 (290 slight dogleg left, very uphill) last Sunday I tried to clear the tree's on the left corner because of a back wind but just clipped the top dropping the ball straight down. Left me 83 yards front 94 yards middle, very up hill. Hit a nice wedge playing for just longer than middle. The ball landed just behind the pi and spun back into the hole for an eagle

Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

Not this week, but in my last round of the year. Probably a month ago (it gets cold in these parts haha).

On a 555 yard par 5 I hit my drive to 135 yards out. I did have a 7 club wind at my back, but hey, longest drive of my life by far.

Also, because of that 7 club wind my round was HORRIBLE. I'm talking the kind of round that makes you want to quit golf forever. If I broke 100 I was lucky (I quit keeping score out of frustration), and I almost always break 80. However, I salvaged all those bad feelings on the final hole, a par 5. I was in thick rough surrounding a greenside bunker on my second shot. Not much green to work with. I grabbed my 64* wedge, opened the face and swung as hard as i could under it. Massive flop shot, went about 40 feet in the air, landed just in front of the pin and one-hopped in for eagle. Nice way to end off the season.

Cleveland Hi-bore 9.5* stiff, Taylormade Burner T3 14.5* stiff, Mizuno mp 32 3-PW, Nike SV Tour Black Satin 52, 56, 60* wedges, Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 35 inches
In the market for a new driver, then my bag will be the shiz.

Sunday, 509 yard par 5. Good drive, good 3-hybrid, 45 yard 60 deg shot scares the hole and leaves me a 2 foot putt for birdie (made it). Of course, the wedge shot was the shot of the week for me! So far, that is...

Played Dell Urich in Tucson and on final hole, group of 4 asked me to join them after waiting on them for 7 holes. When we reached the green, I had missed the green short by about 5 yards. I pulled a 60* and danced a shot around the pin, leaving myself a 3" tap in for par... it felt really sweet to tap it in, wave a thanks and walk away.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

Last Sunday.

It was around 5:00 and the light was fading. I hammered my drive of the 18th 380 yard par 4 straight down the treeline and on the rightside of the fairway. I had 100 yards to the back Right flag location. The cool part was that there was a large banking convention being held at our course. It was a hot day so everybody was out on the deck that sits just off the 18th green so I had a gallery of about 100 people. I hit a gap wedge crisp and it was all over the flag from impact. The gallery started with a low pulse as I hit the ball but the noise from the deck grew as the ball came closer to the green. The crowd were cheering when the ball hit 2 inches from the cup. Unfortunately I hit the ball so crisp that it spun back 20 feet which got another reaction of awwws from the deck crowd now fully engaged in my shot. I walked up to the green my playing partners hitting approaches and then putting out leaving the last to me with my 20 foot uphill birdie putt. I once again gave the gallery something to cheer about by hammering it in the back of the cup. Not sure what the PGA boys feel like but I will say thats the coolest final to a round I've ever played.

Driver - Taylormade R9
3 Wood - Titlelist 909F2 15.5 degrees

2H - Nickent

4H - Taylormade
Irons - Mizuno MP-63 5-PW
Wedges - Titlelist 52 and 60 and Cleveland CG-15 56
Putter - Scotty Cameron Stainless Steel NewportBall - Pro V or V1