IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

I pulled my approach shot from 230 yards into the trees and it bounced off left of the green between some trees. When I walked up to the green there was an 5 foot opening up and down and up to the back green. I pitched an 8 between the trees to the back of the green just 15 feet down hill to the hole with a severe left to right breaker. I studied the putt and made it with perfect speed for a par saver, the best of the year! :)

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I chipped in from the short side sand trap for birdie today. Hole #9 @ Crooked Tree - Tucson AZ.

In my Ogio Bag
Driver - Cobra 10.5 F Speed
3 Wood - Cobra LD speed
Hybrid - TaylorMade Burner 22 degree
Irons - Callaway X-Tour 3-PW 52.08 Degree Gap Wedge - Titleist Vokey Spin Milled56.14 Degree Sand Wedge - Titleist Vokey Spin Milled60.07 Degree Lob Wedge - Titleist Vokey Spin MilledPutter...

7th hole about 580 yards. i hit my drive right down the middle with a great bounce and roll. then hit my 5 wood to leave it 70 yards from the green then took my PW and ended up leaving it about 40 feet away from the cup but then i knocked it in for one under.

There are two shots from yesterday I would like to mention.

First was my tee shot on 17, a par 4, 358 yard hole. I nailed it, probably my best drive of the year. That shot left me about 60 yards to the hole. So, I pull out my pitching wedge and knock it to within two feet of the hole. Tap in for birdie, my second ever. YAY!!!

Mike

this may go for best sequence on a hole. It was a 375yd dogleg right par 4. A lake is off to the right as well, fairway runs to left of lake, elevated tee. I hit my 5 iron to lay it up, it goes into the water. Take a drop, about 155 yds out. I hit my 7 iron the ball hits the pin and lands 2 inches from hole. Tapped it in for par. Par after having to take a drop sounds good to me

2nd shot par 5 had to carry water about 210 to safety and 175 to lay up... decide to go for it... pulled my 3h and walloped a grounder that skipped across the last 2-3 ft of water... bounced off the lip of the hazard... and in great position for my approach shot
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

For me this week, well, considering I'm not all that good yet,

Par 3, 190 yards to front edge of the green with a bunker that wraps around the front left side, pin on the back right side of the green, about 40 feet back. Hit a 3 iron off the tee, really hit it solid, started a bit left but faded just a tad to the right, hit the front of the green and rolled up to about 20 feet from the pin. The green isn't very wide, only about 25 feet, and I always seem to miss it right or left, or leave it short, so I was pretty happy with it this time.
In my bag:

Driver: Speed LD F
Irons: SQ sumo 4-PW
Putter: oversizedBalls: One

First tee yesterday. Hit a long drive with a little draw that left me able to play a second shot.
Yes, that was the best shot all week.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

Just a few minutes ago I made two great finesse wedge shots in a row. Inside the house, the first was with my ol' becu ping eye 2 lob wedge and a Callaway Tour i. I usually only hit foam balls in the house, but I was feelin' it. I hit a little pitch from the kitchen rug to a little bag across the room. The bag opening was about a foot off the ground, so trajectoy was key. Nailed it.

Then immediately after, I flopped the same lob wedge, this time with a foam ball - to a target to be determined by my wife. (She actually lets me do this). For my target she picked a piece of wrapping tissue inside the bag that the first shot went into. I concentrated hard on the line, and waggled enough to get the feel exact, layed the face wide open and fluffed a perfect light shot RIGHT INTO THE TISSUE!

Please melt, snow.

Cold weather and snow make Homer something something.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Played a match (lost!) but the 8th at our place is a par 3, usually in to the wind. Uphill. About 135-145 (depending on the tee position); played about 138 the other day.

Set up to hit a punchy 8-iron. Struck exactly as planned (unusual for the other day!), slight draw, low trajectory. One bounce and stop 15 feet from pin. Holed the putt for one of the few positives of the day!

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

mine was on a short par 4 dog leg right. blocked my tee shot well right. ended up with a bare lie. i had water behind the green, bunker in front of the green that i had to get over, and over hang to get under from a tree infront of me.
i nipped my pw perfect under the tree and it carried the bunker so it was good.

gotta hole in one at the driving range... borrowed a friends 52* wedge... aimed at the 75yrd flag... bounced once... then right in the cup... first try...

looked at my friend... "nice wedge"... he called me an a**hole and we both had a big laugh about it
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Made a 15 footer with about an inch of right-to-left break for a birdie on a 144 yd. par 3

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

I was hacking my way through a 406-yard par 4 and ended up in the bunker in front of the green in 3. Would've been an altogether forgettable hole if it weren't for an exceptional (by my standards) shot from the sand to within a couple feet of the pin. Saved the bogey and improved my hopes for a consistent sand game.

Unexpected birdie after a terrible shot: On a 198 yard par three, decided to cut it in, and flat topped it. Made it to the women's tee box at 115 yards out. Then hit a wedge into the cup for an easy two. Of course this raised the usual questions of wearing a skirt, proving manhood, etc. But hey, if you sink it from the women's tees is there a sound from a tree falling in the forrest if no one is there? Didn't an ex-man win the woman's long drive contest?

Of course no hole in one... but years ago on a par three at 220+/- yards, I hit my first one in a lake, not going over land. So had to re-tee. The next shot went in for a nice easy par 3.

RC

best shot this week umm had on a par 5 after long drive went for the gren hooked it way left in deep rough with about 4 feet of green to play with and about a foot break in it nailed it dead center :) to bad i cant putt half as good as my wedge game lol might make it to scratch lol last time i had a eagle and 3 birdie and only used the putter for one birdie lol

Playing number 8 at murphy creek, The yellow is the pin, hit a nice easy 8 iron from 180, but the wind carried it into the lake, which at this point in the year is frozen.so tee shots about 15 yards into the lake, Where the X is. walked out with my lobber, knocked it to about 5 feet of the ice, tapped in for Par. Neat.

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...