IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

brothers came to town for the annual holiday outting... had the worst game against them of my life... the only thing good coming out of it was teeing off on a long par 5 #9... they both found woods and i blasted the best drive of the day straight down the pipe... hit that baby as flush as i could... mark on my ball ended up in the middle of the face on my driver ;)
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Playing a 288-yard par 4, hit a decent drive (orange) to the right of the fairway but missed the second shot a few feet short of the green (red). Putted from off the green and sunk the putt for a birdie and my shot of the week (yellow).

Watched my son hit an enormous flop shot from an elevated position next to a par three green that took one hop and went right in the hole for birdie. Just like you see on the golf channel highlights!

Two ridiculous full swing wedges today on consecutive holes.

Today on the 9th I had 100 yards left after a huge drive and I hit a perfect 56° wedge in a cross wind. The ball landed no more than two inches from the hole, but backed up so hard it rolled off - I made par.

The next hole, number 10, I had 120 to the flag and hit a perfect 52° wedge. This one landed about ten feet long and right, but spun back and left to within four feet! Made the birdie.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

par 4 #15 371... drive found deep woods... 160 to the middle of the green... barely see it with all the trees in the way... decided to try a low punch out with my 3 iron... hit it pure off all of the bark an leaf litter missing every tree... 3ft from the fringe...

too bad i 3 putted that baby :(

hit a big drive but pulled it left. i guess it took the cart path express and i was left with 90 out. hit a trap draw with the sand wedge, landed pin high and it spun back left to the pin about 6ft out. the shape and contact was just like I had imagined it, but i thought it would spin harder and end up below the pin. anyway, missed the putt, but it was a great approach shot.

Was playing in a modified stableford with my friend this past Sunday. On the 16th hole, a fairly short downhill par 5 of about 154 yards I pulled the tee shot across the cart path while my friend hit a nice shot in there to about 20 feet. At the time I was a few ahead in the points but it looked like he was going to get at least one back on the hole. I had about 35 yards or so to the pin, which was on the other side of the green. I used my 50 degree wedge and hit the shot, which hit around half way to the hole and rolled up close to the hole. I thought it was going to stop short, leaving a tap in for par, but it trickled up to the hole and disappeared and closed out the match.

Driver: Taylor Made  Rocketballz Stage 2
3 wood: Rocketballz Stage 2
4 wood: Rocketballz Stage 2
Hybrids: Cleveland 20 and 23.5 degree
Irons: Mizuno MP57 5-7, Mizuno MP62 8-9 Wedges: Mizuno MP62 Pitching Wedge, 49 degree,  Titleist Vokey SM4  55.13 (bent from 56.14) Sand Wedge, Titleist Vokey SM4 60.10 Lob wedge

393-yard par 4 #13. 4th hole of the day. Bombed the tee shot dead straight down the right side and smacked a tree limb, which knocked the ball dead left into the trees. I had about 125 left to a back pin, with no way to get the ball in the air. I hit a snap hook 3 iron punch which landed 10 feet in front of the green and rolled all the way to the back of the gree, about 5 foot from the pin. Had a little bender that lipped on me. Made birdie on the 505 yard par 5 next hole though, so it was a fun 2-hole stretch.

Whats in the bag?
909 D3 8.5* UST Mamiya Tour Green X
909 F3 13* UST ATTAS X
909 F3 18* UST ATTAS X
909 H 21* DG S300 735cm chrome 5-PW DG S300 54.08 SM 58.04 SM 64.07 SM Studio Select Newport 2 Sonic Blue Dot...

The last time I was out (few weeks ago) I had a nice little two hole stretch that probably has not been done on this course before (at least on these two holes).

I got up to a 500+ yard par5 #8 and tatooed a drive center cut and left myself about 160 to the center...about 170 to the pin. Pulled out a 7-iron because long is dead and no way a hit a 7i over 180. Anyway caught it well and was tracking right at the flag for about 90% of the way but fell off right at the end and left me about a 15ft big-bender eagle putt from the fringe. DRAINED IT!!

Got to the next hole 300+ yard par4 #9, big dogleg right. Basically a 6i off the tee every time cuz of the out of bound right and inability to go for the green with all the trees right. Anyway flushed a 6i out there to leave me 105 yards in so I pulled a 50* AW and took aim. CUPPED IT....to finish the front nine eagle-eagle.

I had no idea it went in but my buddy swore it hit the flag and we couldn't see the bottom of the cup from where we were. Sure enough we got up there and there it was chillin' in the bottom.

This was actually the second time I've gone eagle-eagle at this course, the other time was on back-to-back par 5's on the other 18 hole course.

All that to shoot a 35 on the front

Sumo 5000 10.5 Aldila NV 65-X Driver
PC-III 4-SW irons
Custom Putter
Pro-V1 Balls

• 2 weeks later...
from the light(dormant) rough i decided to pull 3i about 180 from the center of green... got it flush but thought it was headed for the bunker... it actually caught the edge... took a dead hop right onto the fringe... 2 putted for par

2-iron for my second on our par 5 ninth. Sweet, draw, front-middle of green. Two putts. Birdie. Now if only I can play that hole as well all the time....

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was in a conference all weekend and when it finally finished yesterday afternoon managed to sneak off for a few holes. On one of the longer par 4s I was at the back of the green in regulation, close to 40 feet from the pin. I had a pretty straight downhill putt, except the wind was hammering across the green, so I had to play it like it broke left to right. I had trouble picking my target spot, but eventually got it and made my putt. I had read it perfectly and left myself a two foot tap-in for par. That was a mega putt!!

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

Chipped in for birdie from 35 feet on the 18th. Made my day!

In my C-130 Cart Bag:

Driver: Titleist D2 10.5° Aldila R.I.P. 60
Woods Exotics CB4 15° Aldila R.I.P. 70
Hybrids Exotics CB4 17°, 22° Aldila R.I.P. 80 

Irons 4-PW MP-57 Project X 6.0, MP-29 PW

Wedges  Eidolon 52°, 60° Rifle Spinner 6.5

Putter Bettinardi BB12

Ball One Black

Rangefinder Nikon Laser 500"Golf...

In our Wednesday Men's Club tournament I had 195 yds uphill 2nd shot on Par 5 11th hole. Hit 4 hybrid with the prettiest draw ever and it landed and stopped 2 feet below the hole for a kick in eagle that lead to a 2 under 70. My lowest to date. I also won 4 skins and a KP so it was a nice day.

What I play:
Driver: FTi Tour LCG Matrix Xcon 6
3 Wood: Sonartac SS03 *14
Hybrid: FT Hybrid *18
Hybrid: Rescue Mid 22*Irons: 5-PW i10, Project X 5.5Wedges 52, 56, 60Putter:i Black #9Ball: Tour ix

Good one today. League match and we're 5 up 6 to play. 13th is a par 3 currently playing about 150 to the centre. Flag on very back today - about 155 to 160. Hit a pure, slightly drawn 8-iron all over the flag. Conceded birdie and a nice win .

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was playing in a four-ball tournament at Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club this past weekend. The 5th Hole there is a replica of the 9th at Muirfield. I hit a solid drive over the cross bunker and had 194 to the front pin. I knew I had to hit something high, since the greens were running at 13 and the pin was in the front. I chose a 7 iron and launched it as high as I could. The shot came off perfect and settled 6 feet from the cup and I rolled the eagle putt in the left side of the hole for a nice skin!

In my Srixon staff bag:

Driver: Titleist 909D2 8.5 - Grafalloy Epic X
Fairway: Adams RPM LP 13 degree - Grafalloy Epic X
Hybrids: Adams Idea Pro 18 degree - DGSL X100Irons: MacGregor 1025M 3-PW - DG X100SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54 - DG X100LW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 58 - DG X100Putter...